bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Which is absolutely insane. Chubb and Fitzpatrick are 2nd tier players.

Chubb is not a 2nd tier guy, no he isn't a clowney or Garrett, but quite a few people compared him to bosa and I agree, they don't win with explosion, then win with hands, technique and being relentless. 

You can however make a good argument for Fitzpatrick, ward a potential lockdown cb is more valuable than a slot cb/fs

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

What does being a 5 tech have to do with anything? That’s a premium position. 

I disagree, the premium positions in today's pass happy NFL are

1) qb

2) de the get the qb

3) lt they protect the qb

4a 4b) cb and wr 

Even a 3tech isn't a premium position, unless your last name is Donald. Most 5t are run stuffers, that position much like rb has been devalued over the years

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm hanging up my internet scouting cleats for good... this draft took my final energy and fandom spirit out of me... there's no reason to watch players film anymore imo....

We passed on the consensus top 2 players in this draft in Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley.

Even worse... we passed on the consensus top QB phenoms Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

I'm done.. I'm just going to show up to next year's draft oblivious to all the prospects except what I hear through the college football season...

This will not happen.

Posted (edited)

I like that we did things differently than what old school fans want. We built our passing game and passing defense before we focused on the trenches. We added talented skill players.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, pnies20 said:

What does being a 5 tech have to do with anything? That’s a premium position. 

Name me the teams that play the 34 defense and use a 5-tech.... subtract that number of teams from 32... that's how many teams are in the running for Lawrence.

Then, as an exercise.. where do these 34 defensive schemes team pick players in terms of draft order is it mostly toward the top of the rounds or toward the bottom of the rounds.

With, terrible athleticism numbers... Lawrence could fall down into the 2nd. I watched his tape... just like Derwin James' when everyone thought he'd go number 1 or top 4 and he was some once in a generation Ed Reed type.... he went 17 and could've dropped even further...

The point is the hype at this time doesn't match the tape...

38 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Name me the teams that play the 34 defense and use a 5-tech.... subtract that number of teams from 32... that's how many teams are in the running for Lawrence.

Then, as an exercise.. where do these 34 defensive schemes team pick players in terms of draft order is it mostly toward the top of the rounds or toward the bottom of the rounds.

With, terrible athleticism numbers... Lawrence could fall down into the 2nd. I watched his tape... just like Derwin James' when everyone thought he'd go number 1 or top 4 and he was some once in a generation Ed Reed type.... he went 17 and could've dropped even further...

The point is the hype at this time doesn't match the tape...

Just like RBs, it depends on if there’s one worthy of the pick: Leonard Williams, Deforest Buckner, etc.

4 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Chubb is not a 2nd tier guy, no he isn't a clowney or Garrett, but quite a few people compared him to bosa and I agree, they don't win with explosion, then win with hands, technique and being relentless. 

You can however make a good argument for Fitzpatrick, ward a potential lockdown cb is more valuable than a slot cb/fs

...so he’s 2nd tier. Chubb is not Bosa.

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

When it's all said and done Dexter Lawrence will be the Derwin James of the draft where people hear his name buzzing and have him going top 5 but he'll go much later, but people that watch the tape realize that 1. He's a 34 DE, and 2. His athleticism is non-existent... he'll have some of the worst athletic testing numbers in the draft for a DLineman ,,, To me, Lawrence won't even go until the second round...

The clear number 1 player in the draft and number 1 DT in the draft is Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama........ he's lightyears better than Ed Oliver and Rashan Gary...

Davis is a massive Aaron Darnold, Suh hybrid... he'll be the best DT in the league in 3 years...

Completely disagree here......Davis from alabama is a really good player....I've been watching him since he was at Merridaian HS....Seeing them both Dexter Lawrence is a the better of the two players. Lawrence was manhadling Sr.'s when he was a Freshamn for the national championship team.....

Davis may not even be the best DT in the state of Alabama.....I've been Talking about a kid named Derrick Brown for a couple of years now....he goes to Auburn. Better DT IMO.....

I'm hanging up my internet scouting cleats for good... this draft took my final energy and fandom spirit out of me... there's no reason to watch players film anymore imo....

We passed on the consensus top 2 players in this draft in Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley.

Even worse... we passed on the consensus top QB phenoms Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

I'm done.. I'm just going to show up to next year's draft oblivious to all the prospects except what I hear through the college football season...

Unless you know they are going to be studs and studs for the Browns enough to put your next mortgage on? I would take a breath and relax, obvious isn't always obvious, we don't have a single clue of what went on in those meetings, we can't just take prospects just to take them, they have to have some type of fit with us, they need to totally buy in to what we are trying to accomplish. It very well may have been that they liked on or more of those guys but their vision may not have been the same vision as up

When it's all said and done Dexter Lawrence will be the Derwin James of the draft where people hear his name buzzing and have him going top 5 but he'll go much later, but people that watch the tape realize that 1. He's a 34 DE, and 2. His athleticism is non-existent... he'll have some of the worst athletic testing numbers in the draft for a DLineman ,,, To me, Lawrence won't even go until the second round...

The clear number 1 player in the draft and number 1 DT in the draft is Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama........ he's lightyears better than Ed Oliver and Rashan Gary...

Davis is a massive Aaron Darnold, Suh hybrid... he'll be the best DT in the league in 3 years...

You buggin on this one, now one thing I agree on is he has really good technique for his size, Ed Oliver has the athleticism of a linebacker and the playing style of Ndamakung Suh. That's rare, Raekwon Davis is a stud in a class of studs, Ed Oliver is THE STUD in the group of studs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Completely disagree here......Davis from alabama is a really good player....I've been watching him since he was at Merridaian HS....Seeing them both Dexter Lawrence is a the better of the two players. Lawrence was manhadling Sr.'s when he was a Freshamn for the national championship team.....

Davis may not even be the best DT in the state of Alabama.....I've been Talking about a kid named Derrick Brown for a couple of years now....he goes to Auburn. Better DT IMO.....

We'll just agree to disagree...

My previous post on the DTs from the closed thread: "I just got done last week watching 3 games each of next year's DT crop... I have to say some of their games were somewhat underwhelming and I was surprised to find that my opinions differed on who was at the top of that class.

To me, in terms of 43 DTs it's clearly 1  Raekwon Davis - by a mile, 2a. Rashan Gary (although he's more of DE), 2b. Ed Oliver, 3a. Jeffrey Simmons, 3b. Derrick Brown, 4. Chrisitain Wilkins, 5. Dre'Mont Jones

Davis' tape is otherworldy at times...because of his size everyone's going to wan to put him on the outside or make him a 34 DE...forget all that...put him where he can cause havoc from the inside...special player

In terms of 34 NTs/DEs it's 1. Dexter Lawrence (34NT/DE, 2. Terry Beckner Jr (34DE)

Lawrence to me will be a 34 Nose Tackle or 34 DE as he's one of the slowest, build up athletes at DT, but his punch, hand fighting, and unbelievable ability to not be moved in the run makes me believe he's going to be an immediate pro-bowl NT for the Patriots, Steelers or some 34 team that he falls to because his athletic testing is going to be terrible."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see it .... Just like I didn't see it with Derwin James...  we'll see who ends up being right down the road.. I liked Derrick Brown's tape as well...

Lawrence is a powerful man... I see a 34 NT or 34 DE.... I think Davis will be a special 3-tech....

-----------------------------------

Look up any Da'ron Payne VS full play cutup and focus on Raekwon Davis.... he'll be the first DT off the board imo.... he has everything... power, size, speed, length, plays with leverage, competitive fire....

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Unless you know they are going to be studs and studs for the Browns enough to put your next mortgage on? I would take a breath and relax, obvious isn't always obvious, we don't have a single clue of what went on in those meetings, we can't just take prospects just to take them, they have to have some type of fit with us, they need to totally buy in to what we are trying to accomplish. It very well may have been that they liked on or more of those guys but their vision may not have been the same vision as up

You buggin on this one, now one thing I agree on is he has really good technique for his size, Ed Oliver has the athleticism of a linebacker and the playing style of Ndamakung Suh. That's rare, Raekwon Davis is a stud in a class of studs, Ed Oliver is THE STUD in the group of studs.

Oliver also fits what Gregggggg wants to do.

He’d essentially be our Aaron Donald.

In terms of DL prospects for next year I have 

1. Bosa DE

2. Oliver DT

3. Davis DT

4. Ferrell DE

5. Gary DE

6. Wilkins DT

7. Bryant DE

8. Lawerance NT 

other guys I like Jonah Williams T, AJ Brown WR, Josh Allen LB, and Greg Little T

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

1  Raekwon Davis - by a mile, 2a. Rashan Gary (although he's more of DE), 2b. Ed Oliver, 3a. Jeffrey Simmons, 3b. Derrick Brown, 4. Chrisitain Wilkins, 5. Dre'Mont Jones

@MSURacerDT55 I think Raekwon, Gary, and Oliver all go top 5.

I only watched 5 games of Oliver and Gary and more games of Davis so maybe I'm biased..... and that's all I'm going to watch... I still see Davis as having better length better power, the superior hand fighter/technician, has a hotter running motor compared to Oliver. I think Gary is the best athlete to play the position in quite some time (he'll probably be used as DE when it's all said and done). Oliver's strength are that he's one of the most fluid athletes and plays with the best eyes and shedding that I've seen in the 8 years that I've been watching film seriously... he can get bullied sometimes in the run though.

I came to understand Davis' game when I started watching Da'Ron Payne's film... Davis jumped off the film more so than Payne did, but I had Payne as a top 15 talent.

I still see them ranked like this... maybe I'm wrong and you're right...it will be interesting to see how it shakes out...

Edited by Mind Character

Is Gary a 3-tech or DE. It’s possible he’s a Richard Seymour type.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Is Gary a 3-tech or DE. It’s possible he’s a Richard Seymour type.

He's a 43 DT or a 43 DE... He's just so athletic... he's more finesse right now than a combat artists so he might be better as a DE... he's definitely not a 5-tech DE in the 34....

I go back and forth... a lot depends on this season...

I think the best comparison when he comes out will be a more athletic, less powerful Mario Williams...

It makes no sense for a man that big to move like that... it's unlike I've ever seen... he might seriously run below 4.55...