bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sancho hit on 3/4 in 2017.

That was literally the only draft he did half way decent at imo. Garrett was a no brainer that 99.99999% of GMs would have got right. Njoku the jury is still out on, and Peppers is a middle of the pack SS. Ogunjobi was a great pick so I'll give him that but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. Just my opinion but the bad picks far out weighed the good/great picks

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

That was literally the only draft he did half way decent at imo.

Well he only had 2...

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Garrett was a no brainer that 99.99999% of GMs would have got right. Njoku the jury is still out on, and Peppers is a middle of the pack SS. Ogunjobi was a great pick so I'll give him that but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. Just my opinion but the bad picks far out weighed the good/great picks

He’s drafted 2 pro bowlers thus far, one each year. That’s assuming Peppers, Njoku and Ogunjobi never get one.  Do that every year and you’ll have a decent squad before long.

No one praises Sashi because he was a scouting god, they praise him for being the first GM in decades to have a philosophy and long term plan and stick to it for the betterment of the franchise as opposed to taking a quick fix approach through FA and drafting need over talent.

18 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

That was literally the only draft he did half way decent at imo. Garrett was a no brainer that 99.99999% of GMs would have got right. Njoku the jury is still out on, and Peppers is a middle of the pack SS. Ogunjobi was a great pick so I'll give him that but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. Just my opinion but the bad picks far out weighed the good/great picks

He didnt get full prep time in 16, appointed reasonably late in the process.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

He didn't draft enough Buckeyes IMHO. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 5:36 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I think teams are scared by his athleticism, which would be the only reason he lasts that long. He didn't run at the Combine IIRC, but he'd likely have been a 4.57-4.63 kind of speed guy. It could hurt him when teams that run a lot of man coverage look at him, but I am not worried about a slight speed deficiency whatsoever when we're a heavy zone team that needs a run stuffing safety.

Ran a 4.75 - 4.77 at his pro day today. Not unexpected really after passing at the combine and reputed to have run about the same years ago.

It's clear on film he's a quicker than fast guy. He's an elite open field tackler and looks faster than he is because he's such an efficient mover. Rarely takes false steps. Solid fit I suppose if we need a rookie to start straight away. But I agree his upside is capped. Another slight concern I have is he doesn't appear much of a playmaker. My comp for him is Will Parks.

Re: Savage. Tackling usually improves from college to the pros tho. Part of the reason why off the charts physical skill sets get guys drafted high. 

Edited by BrownLeader

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Ran a 4.75 - 4.77 at his pro day today. Not unexpected really after passing at the combine and reputed to have run about the same years ago.

Yikes! 

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I've let my fellow Hurricane Alonso Highsmith know that he should be available!

Knew it.

Posted (edited)

Would the Haslams sign off on us drafting Jeffrey Simmons? I ask because we also have Kareem Hunt.

His only saving grace is that he hasn’t done anything since that event and he was 17 when he did it.

Edited by candyman93

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Would the Haslams sign off on us drafting Jeffrey Simmons? I ask because we also have Kareem Hunt.

His only saving grace is that he hasn’t done anything since that event and he was 17 when he did it.

I’ve made my opinions known before, but I’m fine with Simmons.

Each situation like this is different.  He was 17, a boy.  He made an awful mistake.  He’s spent the last 4 years or whatever essentially being a model citizen by all accounts.

I’m concerned with the man we’d be drafting now.  If he’s learned from his mistake, I see no reason not to.

Drue tranquil in the 3rd or 4th as a st and nicked linebacker. 

His athletic numbers are rb like, 4.57 40, 39 inch vert sub 7 3 cone

6'2" 230 pounds, former safety. 

Whats the opinion of Nasir Adderley? He looks more like a Demarious Randall type with CB/FS skills than a SS but man is he athletic

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats the opinion of Nasir Adderley? He looks more like a Demarious Randall type with CB/FS skills than a SS but man is he athletic

I think he is just a stud safety. That he could play either or. He reminds mine like Minkah from last Years class but not as good. Minkah would be the ideal safety for us lol

I would have zero problems if they traded up for him. How far, idk, but I wouldn’t be upset if they went after him and had to trade up for him 

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Absolutely they would. Simmons is supremely talented and what Hunt did was worse than what Simmons did. I wouldn't imagine there'd be a problem with that at all if that was his only hiccup.

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Absolutely they would. Simmons is supremely talented and what Hunt did was worse than what Simmons did. I wouldn't imagine there'd be a problem with that at all if that was his only hiccup.

How was what Hunt did worse? Have you seen the video of Simmons actions? Dude was standing over the girl trying to drop some bombs. They are both bad but Simmons was worse IMO.