Jump to content
bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Some secondary guys I am watching that I think we can land in the mid rounds:

 

Montre Hartage, Northwestern 

Bryce Hall, Virginia

Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

 

 

Hartage gives me a Josh Norman vibe.

 

Pretty sure Bryce Hall and Lamar Jackson both went back to school.

Also pretty sure Hartage is way too slow to cover anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If Bradbury is there at #49, you take him and run like the wind. He's the best OL in this draft class and, IMO, worthy of a top 15 selection.

Yep, he would be the best pick there. Now what would you do with him? Trade Tretter? Make him and Corb battle it out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yep, he would be the best pick there. Now what would you do with him? Trade Tretter? Make him and Corb battle it out? 

I'd let him battle with Corbett for a year and prepare to move on from Tretter after next season.  Bradbury is better than Tretter right now anyways IMO and Tretter ain't bad. Bradbury is one of the best C prospects to come out in a lllllllloooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd let him battle with Corbett for a year and prepare to move on from Tretter after next season.  Bradbury is better than Tretter right now anyways IMO and Tretter ain't bad. Bradbury is one of the best C prospects to come out in a lllllllloooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time.

To me he is the best center prospect since Alex Mack. 

I would hate to waste a year of him at guard. Rather him and Baker start working together immediately. Just would sucknfor JCT. maybe bump him out to compete at RT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

To me he is the best center prospect since Alex Mack. 

I would hate to waste a year of him at guard. Rather him and Baker start working together immediately. Just would sucknfor JCT. maybe bump him out to compete at RT

He's almost for sure gone after this year, and there are only so many dings someone can take.  Tretter is getting older, and he will likely get overpaid (3/$27-$30mil or something like that).  He was always more of a placeholder than a key piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

To me he is the best center prospect since Alex Mack. 

He is the best C prospect since Mack. Obviously there have been some great C's to come out since then, but as prospects, I have Bradbury with a higher rating than any of them coming out. Ryan Kelly is the closest between Mack & Bradbury, but give me Garrett B over him because of the movement skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Just would sucknfor JCT

Could always trade him. He'd definitely have some trade value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Pretty sure Bryce Hall and Lamar Jackson both went back to school.

Also pretty sure Hartage is way too slow to cover anyone. 

Dang. Didn’t realize Bryce and Lamar didn’t declare. I like Hartage as a zone CB or SS. His measurements and style are similar to Josh Norman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt sure if this question deserved its own Thread....

The things J.D. said last week, that he didnt have but 15 players carrying a first round grade...

Got my mind to thinking....I need a pulse check from the others Brothers in the Room that take the draft way too seriously...(like myself LOL). But here is the question...how many "Blue Chip" Players do you have in this draft class? I am not asking anyone to name their players (that debate would take a life of its own...and need it owns topic). But I just wanted to get a quick pulse in the room to see if I am completely off base.

Now I am ranking on TRUE blue Chippers...not the guys who are REALLY good prospects.....just the Elite level cant miss prospects in this draft.

I have 7 Total Blue Chippers in this draft (grading really hard...I originally had 9) 2 on Offense and 5 on Defense.

Does anyone else have more or less? And also break down how many on Offense and how many on Defense (no names please)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But here is the question...how many "Blue Chip" Players do you have in this draft class?

Elite level, "can't miss"?

I mean, it REALLY depends on how you define that. But going with my best guess on how you're thinking:

5 on defense
3 or 4 on offense

8-9 total. But some of those I wouldn't take top ten (off ball, non pass rush LBs, interior OL, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I wasnt sure if this question deserved its own Thread....

The things J.D. said last week, that he didnt have but 15 players carrying a first round grade...

Got my mind to thinking....I need a pulse check from the others Brothers in the Room that take the draft way too seriously...(like myself LOL). But here is the question...how many "Blue Chip" Players do you have in this draft class? I am not asking anyone to name their players (that debate would take a life of its own...and need it owns topic). But I just wanted to get a quick pulse in the room to see if I am completely off base.

Now I am ranking on TRUE blue Chippers...not the guys who are REALLY good prospects.....just the Elite level cant miss prospects in this draft.

I have 7 Total Blue Chippers in this draft (grading really hard...I originally had 9) 2 on Offense and 5 on Defense.

Does anyone else have more or less? And also break down how many on Offense and how many on Defense (no names please)

TBH, without going into NAMES, I'd do it by position:

QB: 0 (Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning type prospects pre-draft that is)

RB: 0

TE: MAYBE 1

WR: 0

OL: 1

Offensive Total: 2

DL: 5

LB: 1

DB: MAYBE 1, I personally think 0

That said, I'd say somewhere around 8 total "blue chippers".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But here is the question...how many "Blue Chip" Players do you have in this draft class?

1 FB
3 WR's
1 TE
1 OT
1 C

3 DE's
3 DT's
1 LB
 

 

14. I have 14 superstar players in this class right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

14. I have 14 superstar players in this class right now.

Dang! BTC with the optimism. Love it.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's SCARY how on the same page @freakygeniuskid and I are LOL.

Yeah, looking at your list I think I just have a 2nd OL, one WR I'm on the fence with, and one fewer DL but I think I could be convinced there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I wasnt sure if this question deserved its own Thread....

The things J.D. said last week, that he didnt have but 15 players carrying a first round grade...

Got my mind to thinking....I need a pulse check from the others Brothers in the Room that take the draft way too seriously...(like myself LOL). But here is the question...how many "Blue Chip" Players do you have in this draft class? I am not asking anyone to name their players (that debate would take a life of its own...and need it owns topic). But I just wanted to get a quick pulse in the room to see if I am completely off base.

Now I am ranking on TRUE blue Chippers...not the guys who are REALLY good prospects.....just the Elite level cant miss prospects in this draft.

I have 7 Total Blue Chippers in this draft (grading really hard...I originally had 9) 2 on Offense and 5 on Defense.

Does anyone else have more or less? And also break down how many on Offense and how many on Defense (no names please)

Really Great discussion question @DaWg_LB. Good stuff.

For me, it was interesting to answer that question (How many Blue-chips?) within the comparative context of how many Blue-Chips I had graded as such the last two drafts (2017 & 2018) during the pre-draft process. No Hindsight Bias (So, players like Mahomes I missed on as a Blue chip player pre-draft even though I thought he was good).

The contrast in quantity and quality of Blue-chips is staggering when comparing across the years. I've long spoken of how this draft was on par with 2015 as there not only is limited blue-chip quality/quantity at the top, but the quantity/quality of player after the Blue-chip drop-off is serious making this a poor draft talent pool overall on par especially in comparison to draft talent pools over the last 5 years or so.

--------

Blue-Chip Players:

2019

QB: 0 // FB: 0 // RB: 0 // TE: 1 (Hockenson) // WR: 0 // OT: 0 // OG: 0 // OC: 1 (Bradbury)

Offensive Total: 2

DT: 4 (Quinnen, Tillery, Oliver, Simmons) // DE: 1 (Bosa) // 34OLB: 1 (Allen) // LB: 1 (White) // CB: 0 // FS: 0 // SS: 0

Defensive Total: 7

Off + Def = 9

-----

2018

QB: 3 (Darnold, Baker, Rosen) // FB: 0 // RB: 2 (Saquon, Guice) // TE: 1(Hurst) // WR: 2 (Moore, Ridley) // OT: 1 (McGlinchey) // OG: 1 (Nelson) // OC: 1 (Daniels)

Offensive Total: 11

DT: 1 (Payne) // DE: 2 (Chubb, Davenport) // LB: 4 (Roquan, Edmunds, Derwin, Vander Esch) //  CB: 3 (Ward, Hughes, Jaire) // FS: 0 // SS: 1 (Minkah)

Defensive Total: 11

Off + Def = 22

-----

2017

QB: 3 (Trubisky, Kizer, Watson) // FB: 0 // RB: 3 (Fournette, Mixon, Kamara) // TE: 4 (Howard, Engram, Njoku, Kittle) // WR: 3 (Williams, Davis, JuJu) // OT: 1 (Robinson) // OG: 1 (Lamp) // OC: 1 (Feeney)

Offensive Total: 16

DT: 1 (Allen) // DE: 3 (Myles, Thomas, Takk) // LB: 1 (Foster) //  CB: 6 (Lattimore, Adoree', Conley, Jones, Kazee, King) // FS: 2 (Hooker, Williams) // SS: 5 (Jamal, Budda, Jabrill, Jones, Evans)

Defensive Total: 18

Off + Def = 34

Edited by Mind Character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×