bosko1616

2019 Draft Prospects

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

@TheeRealDeal I think Adams will be the steal of the draft if he has a healthy career. I think he has franchise LT potential but the back to back years with injuries has hurt him. If the Browns go tackle early (first 3 rda) I hope it’s him because I think he would be worth it. I like Yodny a lot as well

Adams would be a top 5 pick for a team needing a LT if he hadn't had the injuries.

30 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Adams would be a top 5 pick for a team needing a LT if he hadn't had the injuries.

So where do you think he gets drafted now?

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I agree with all except the bolded, I think this is his only redeeming quality? Outside of him against the run, there really isn't any a reason to have him on the field.

well the adv stats show his side of the defense gets destroyed against the run. His ability against the run use to be th\e own good thing about him. He has sucked against the run this year compared to the previous years

56 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The combine will be the biggest event for him and his workouts. If he passes his medical evals

Edited by buno67

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Realistically even if his injuries are not going to be an ongoing issue it'll probably be the 2nd. If he's still got serious issues it could be all the way from the 2nd to undrafted. 

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I disagree. I rated him according to what I saw on film and did not take into account injuries. He was the 5th best OT I have seen behind Jackson, Cajuste, Williams and Edwards with or without the injuries. I have admitted numerous times that I have not watched enough of these prospects yet so it could change but right now I see a mid-late 2nd round OT from Adams.

31 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I disagree. I rated him according to what I saw on film and did not take into account injuries. He was the 5th best OT I have seen behind Jackson, Cajuste, Williams and Edwards with or without the injuries. I have admitted numerous times that I have not watched enough of these prospects yet so it could change but right now I see a mid-late 2nd round OT from Adams.

Eek

On 11/19/2018 at 7:55 PM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

So you wouldn’t take OBJ because he’s only 5’11?

Not saying that but having a WR corp of 5"11 is not something you go out an look to do. He's a great player but the price to get him given his contract + draft picks might be out of my comfort zone especially with his erratic personality that I'm not a fan of.

8 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Realistically even if his injuries are not going to be an ongoing issue it'll probably be the 2nd. If he's still got serious issues it could be all the way from the 2nd to undrafted. 

Doesn’t matter, reports are saying he will get a RS this year and he is planning to return to school. 

Smart decision. Show he is healthy and be considered a top pick at his position on the 2020 class

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not saying that but having a WR corp of 5"11 is not something you go out an look to do. He's a great player but the price to get him given his contract + draft picks might be out of my comfort zone especially with his erratic personality that I'm not a fan of.

Could care less of the heights of the WR, as long as they have talent and play bigger than there size. OBJ plays a lot bigger than what he is. 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Our QB is barely 6’0. That’s not something you go out and look to do either.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Doesn’t matter, reports are saying he will get a RS this year and he is planning to return to school. 

Smart decision. Show he is healthy and be considered a top pick at his position on the 2020 class

Well I knew he had that option but hadn’t heard reports he was staying or leaving yet

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

well the adv stats show his side of the defense gets destroyed against the run. His ability against the run use to be th\e own good thing about him. He has sucked against the run this year compared to the previous years

you know I take adv stats with a grain of salt, the #1 rule of statistics is that they can be manipulated. That being said, which side they run includes not only the end but whatever linebacker, corner and sometimes safety to that side as well. And IIRC, Collins was on his side and he has been as bad as there was up until just recently.

25 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

you know I take adv stats with a grain of salt, the #1 rule of statistics is that they can be manipulated. That being said, which side they run includes not only the end but whatever linebacker, corner and sometimes safety to that side as well. And IIRC, Collins was on his side and he has been as bad as there was up until just recently.

Yeah I understand. The adv stats show that our LB corp is complete garbage. Before Joe was hurt the unit was ranked around 20. After his injury it’s ranked 31st. Joe is fine, hence why the interior run defense is ranked 3rd  

When opposing offenses run off tackle right they kill the browns. They are ranked 30/31st, I can’t remember exactly. The biggest keys for that is DE and OLB. When teams run Outside right, they are ranked like 24/25th.  Not great but better but I believe it’s better because the safeties are pretty decent at being ally run defenders. 

I don’t know, I hardly ever seen Ogbah fight  reach or seal blocks on outside runs or really anchor on a down block or lockout blocks. 

Having bad 1st and 2nd level defenders account for that bad of performance. 

Garrett makes up for it on the other sides hence why they are ranked mid teens to 20. Interior is ranked top5 because of solid interior DL and a stud mike.