This forum is still the best for 49ers talk

John232

Good lord, /r/49ers is a steaming **** hole.  One thing I greatly appreciate about this forum is 95% of the dialogue that's held. people refrain from speaking in certainties. Example, the amount of people absolutely convinced that we made a massive mistake in not trading for Mack is baffling. That he was the only way we were getting a decent pass rush in the future. Or that we somehow missed another Gem of a pass rusher in the draft this past year(which may be true, but how could anyone know that).

More or less saying, glad there's one place where sane, somewhat mature conversation happens. That is until @rudyZ starts posting. 

Well...that's what happens when you have a larger community. Especially Reddit, where a lot of people essentially just blend together as the same. People aren't going to remember usernames as much as they will an avi to go along with one. 

I still don't think Reddit is as bad as the official 49ers message board which I used to go to back in the day. 49ers webzone is still terrible too. 

This place is more akin to a dive bar compared to a huge rave. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like Papa said, this is a smaller forum so you will get less trolls and less folks that overreact to everything. 

True. I handle the overreacting on this forum. No one else can do that except me. 

Reddit is good for news but the upvote/downvote system really hurts discussion since any dissent opinions get voted to oblivion. 

Webzone is awful. There are a few good posters but people just overreact to everything and are extremely condescending if your not a regular. 

Social media sites are a cesspool of uninformed opinions that make you feel dumber for reading them.

FF small community size works to its advantage since we tend to have thoughtful, rational, and neutral discussions on our team(most of the time). It can be a little slow on the draw when it comes to the news though. What I really feel is missing here is a poster that has the time and knowledge it breakdown plays and players for us like the Webzone has.

I know I don't post a ton but I read most of what comes through here. Overall  I find FF to be a much better place for football discussion than any of the other forums and boards around. The quality of posters here is just significantly better than anywhere else. Even when we all don't agree on certain points everyone tries to explain their reasoning for assenting or dissenting instead of just saying "lol your stupid" like at so many other places. Post for post this is the best place to talk football on the internet and the best places to talk Niners football.

Agreed, I always came here for any and all my Niners news. Just recently I created an account and started (briefly lol) posting. 

I've been reading on this site for the past 6-7 years :ph34r: and its always been my best source of info! Keep it up guys!

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh no, someone definitely beats you there. My man who is a Virginia sports fan. I can't think of his username anymore.

I know who you're talking about. He's quite insightful. I remember he was really mad when we lost he Super Bowl. We both used to post on two other forums together. 

19 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I know who you're talking about. He's quite insightful. I remember he was really mad when we lost he Super Bowl. We both used to post on two other forums together. 

Not me...at least I don't he's talking about me. There's another UVA fan who's also a Niner fan up here too, though he rarely posts much. Can't remember his name...

But I do miss the group we had on Scott Wright's old Draft Countdown board. Really good group of hardcore Niner fans there. And just very good NFL and college fanatics in general. Had some good debates and nice discussions. I think you and Dan are the only ones who made the trek over here once I mentioned it. Haven't seen Dan in awhile now that I think about it. Sucks that Wright basically abandoned the board and a bunch of really good, insightful posters from a slew of different fanbases just all took a mass exdous.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Not me...at least I don't he's talking about me. There's another UVA fan who's also a Niner fan up here too, though he rarely posts much. Can't remember his name...

But I do miss the group we had on Scott Wright's old Draft Countdown board. Really good group of hardcore Niner fans there. And just very good NFL and college fanatics in general. Had some good debates and nice discussions. I think you and Dan are the only ones who made the trek over here once I mentioned it. Haven't seen Dan in awhile now that I think about it. Sucks that Wright basically abandoned the board and a bunch of really good, insightful posters from a slew of different fanbases just all took a mass exdous.

Used to be there too. Little more towards the end but yeah i really enjoy this forum.

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

No, not you. But this guy used to post a lot on the old forum. 

Off topic, but don't think @sbrown made it over when the forum switched. Damn shame, good poster. 

Archived