Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

5 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Walker doesn't need many reps. Wouldn't worry much about him. Matthews might be a bit more of a worry, but I think Taywan is more ready to step in than people are giving him credit for anyways. The linebacker injuries worry me more. I just think our running game should be able to dictate this game. 

Agree with everything. Davis Taylor and Sharpe are more than enough with Matthews sprinkled in. Walker and Jonnu will be fine. Like you said the big thing we will Sunday is Henry and Lewis. Lewis will factor into the passing game too so Matthews doesn’t have to be relied on Sunday. 

30 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Walker doesn't need many reps. Wouldn't worry much about him. Matthews might be a bit more of a worry, but I think Taywan is more ready to step in than people are giving him credit for anyways. The linebacker injuries worry me more. I just think our running game should be able to dictate this game. 

Normally I would agree... 

But timing being so critical in an offense... and considering the changes we expect to see from the Biscuits offense to a modern LaFleur offense, it may take a couple weeks at least to get them on the same page and get their timing down. 

I think it's going to be a tough month for those who expect our offense to come out during on all cylinders... and yet I still think we gut out at least a 2-2 start...

Always shocked by the confidence people have going into any game? I am not a hater and slamming said confidence...just surprised by it(actually wish I could be more that way...sucks always being so pessimistic), based on our historical performances. 

The real issue here is that we have zero idea what our offense will look like. We seemingly showed absolutly nothing in the preseason. 

I feel like the only sure thing about this game is that we will not blow them out, but hell, no one knows. Likethe Mia fan said should be close. We have the edge on talent but that may not mean a whole lot.

Here is to hoping for a Gatorade bath at the end of this one!!!

3 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Always shocked by the confidence people have going into any game? I am not a hater and slamming said confidence...just surprised by it(actually wish I could be more that way...sucks always being so pessimistic), based on our historical performances. 

The real issue here is that we have zero idea what our offense will look like. We seemingly showed absolutly nothing in the preseason. 

I feel like the only sure thing about this game is that we will not blow them out, but hell, no one knows. Likethe Mia fan said should be close. We have the edge on talent but that may not mean a whole lot.

I won the pick ems competition last year just follow my lead ?

That's awesome!! 

I think it is going to take a two or three year run of 10 plus wins to ever be confident in us winning any game...especially one we are "supposed" to win. 

SMH...this is a misrable existance...to live with this sort of pessimism.

My story is that I was talking so much trash in the playoff game against BUF where we were up 35-3, even told the Bills fans that it was so bad I have to leave the room because of how pathetic they were!!! That is when, at 19 years old I learned about KARMA!!! Every since then....I am so jaded. 

21 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

That's awesome!! 

I think it is going to take a two or three year run of 10 plus wins to ever be confident in us winning any game...especially one we are "supposed" to win. 

SMH...this is a misrable existance...to live with this sort of pessimism.

My story is that I was talking so much trash in the playoff game against BUF where we were up 35-3, even told the Bills fans that it was so bad I have to leave the room because of how pathetic they were!!! That is when, at 19 years old I learned about KARMA!!! Every since then....I am so jaded. 

It’s ok in this forum you get a bunch of confusing takes. When people pick the Texans or Jags people freak out but when you it comes time to pick Titans or Dolphins it’s we can probably lose and won’t be easy etc

I just don’t know what we will get. I hope our D especially run D is quick to be back to last year standards.   If we can’t stop the run then we will struggle against Miami also we need our LB to be in top form as they will be tested with all the drop offs to their RB.   Will Evans make the field in special packages 

I also am not confident Henry is ready to be the man but am hopeful this also is a huge year for Marcus he had to show improvement is his game management with increased consistency In Converting third downs and valuing the ball more

18 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I'm with you there, I will be nervous as hell watching this game. I feel like it's a team we should beat (but I mean it's week one, Dolphins fans probably feel the exact same way), and that's going to make me more anxious.

I will say I have a lot more faith in the defense than I do in the offense. Tannehill is underrated, he's definitely not a scrub, but he's not at that elite level either and he's obviously been out for a while, so hopefully we see some rust. I think our defense will be able to at least keep them contained and give our offense a shot to win the game though. When Mariota and the boys are on the field, I'm hoping against hope for some magic. I know there are going to be plenty of growing pains in the new system, but we'll see how much work they've put in to try to get things right as quickly as possible. A big performance from them and a comfortable victory would be ideal going into the home opener against the Texans. Gotta try to get some swagger before the first divisional game.

Either way, we're guaranteed a better game than the "epic" Cutler vs Cassel matchup from last year. If we do somehow see double digit punts from Kern again, I might start crying. 

Archived