Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

7 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Well I’m confident for Sunday I think the Titans show up big time

Buddy, give me some of what you are drinking. I have faith that they'll get it together at some point, I just worry it may not be until we've already dug a decent hole for ourselves by mid-October.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Have we ever came out on a drive and went up-tempo with Mariota and the offense sputtered and went nowhere? 3-and-out?

Just curious as I don't really remember it happening, but I'm not sure if this is a case of selective memory.

I doubt it given Mularkey & Co. did it maybe once a game (I've tried to delete the Whiz period from memory). I've always thought we should start out up-tempo, try to get a lead, then lean on the run. Kind of like starting the first inning with your closer, getting Marcus in a rhythm early is hugely important, but none of our coaches have really done much to take advantage of his abilities there.

2 hours ago, VY said:

Buddy, give me some of what you are drinking. I have faith that they'll get it together at some point, I just worry it may not be until we've already dug a decent hole for ourselves by mid-October.

I doubt it given Mularkey & Co. did it maybe once a game (I've tried to delete the Whiz period from memory). I've always thought we should start out up-tempo, try to get a lead, then lean on the run. Kind of like starting the first inning with your closer, getting Marcus in a rhythm early is hugely important, but none of our coaches have really done much to take advantage of his abilities there.

Why is it automatic that they dig themselves at hole? I can see 5-2 at the by but no worse than 4-3. The wins I see happening Miami Jags Eagles Ravens Bills. Maybe we lose 1 to Jags or Eagles but even still 4-3 isn’t terrible 

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

For those who believe that kind of thing matters.

It doesn’t matter but still pretty neat especially if we make it 6 in a row. If the Titans win tomorrow they will have beaten the whole state of Florida to start seasons on the road with Pit KC and Det mixed in. 

Good thing we're starting out with the Dolphins and not somebody better, though their fans seem to be confident for some reason. 

My unbiased opinion is that this will be a game they control throughout, maybe the Dolphins make a late push, but I think it's going to be a lot of Henry/Lewis and a lot of controlling the clock. Tannehill has got to be one of the worst starting QB's out there, at least there's nothing really scary about him especially without his top receiver and going against our corners. Nothing really worries me about their offense other than Drake maybe pulling off a couple big runs or the Titans getting too many penalties. 

In typical default Titans fashion, I think they win 23-17

Archived