Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

interesting. i always thought this particular fan concern was overstated- i rarely hear it actually acknowledged by coaches.

Yeah I dunno. I've heard players and coaches alike it feels say most teams already know everything that's in the opposing team's playbook(cause pretty much every play book has the same plays, it's just down to how often you use certain formations/sets). The difficult part of course being able to figure out tendencies to know when they're going to call what and etc, so if that is true, I dunno what Falk(or any player from any team going to an opponent of said team) can really do for them.

Orlovsky has said on twitter that based off preseason it looks like LaFleur is running a more similar offense to Kyle Shanahan than Sean McVay. Of course that's just preseason and Vrabel has said on top of that quote that their preseason playbooks were extremely vanilla. Delanie Walker said today he's happy the regular season is here so the playbook can actually open up.

I'm intrigued none the less to see what kind of offense we run.

I checked the weather from what I seen right now it’s suppose to rain. Does anyone know if that will truely be the case or do I have to google the particular area where the Dolphins play?

Also when is the first official injury report released Wed or Thur? 

Any injuries of note to be watching for on the Dolphins side? Last I read a few weeks ago is Parker could be out is that still the case?

Based off of preseason, I'm expecting us to have a slow start. Not that we'll suck, but it's hard to equate what we just saw to coming out of the gates fast. Maybe we can get lucky while we knock off the rust the first month, but I don't feel great about anything at this point. 

Hoping for the best but being realistic that this is likely to be an up and down year.

8 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I checked the weather from what I seen right now it’s suppose to rain. Does anyone know if that will truely be the case or do I have to google the particular area where the Dolphins play?

Also when is the first official injury report released Wed or Thur? 

Any injuries of note to be watching for on the Dolphins side? Last I read a few weeks ago is Parker could be out is that still the case?

Dolphins fan here. I'm here in South Florida and we've been getting pelted with rain for the past couple of days because of the tropical storm that's headed for New Orleans. The weather should be better but you never know what you'll get down here. Hopefully just some storms in the morning.

Parker is apparently "iffy" for the game. No other major injuries for us.

For me personally its always interesting to see other teams' opinions, especially for this season. Most are misinformed but there are a few that at least have an idea of what's going on with the other 31 teams.

The media can make up a narrative(s) and everyone will just run with in; case-in-point the Dolphins. Let me be the first to tell you that we are in no way the worst team in the league. If Tannehill goes down then that's a valid statement. Even when we've had less-talented teams with Tannehill at the helm(Brian Hartline as his top receiver for example) we've been able to muster up 6-7 wins. I'm in no way down-playing the losses of Landry and Suh but only Suh will be a significant loss. Funny thing is, even with Suh our run D was bottom of the league. Landry was definitely talented but was a glorified slot WR who requested to be force-fed the ball. He's not an X or Y just a Z(slot) who is tough to bring down. If you ask anyone else who doesn't watch the Dolphins, you'd swear he was top 10 WR that can play anywhere and that we're losing OBJ-like talent. Adam Gase's vision is to spread the ball around and that wasn't going to happen with Landry in Miami. Now with just Parker and Stills, he's hoping the emergence of speedster Jakeem Grant (shorter Tyreek Hill) and the additions of Albert Wilson and Danny Amendola through free agency and TE Mike Gesicki in the draft finally fits what he wants to do. Our fans have made theories that Gase is trying to emulate the 2014 Broncos offense, since he was the OC there, and I'd say that's pretty spot in terms of just utilization--Tannehill is no Manning. So in a way, this is a completely new offense for us as well; Gase has been very secretive with play-calls and how he used certain players in the preseason. As a fan posted earlier, the OL finally looks solid and we might have some depth. For as much flack Tannehill gets for being a mediocre QB there's never talks about the terrible O-Lines he's had(or the fact that he was never set up to succeed but that's another story I'm sure you guys could care less about). From since he was drafted, 2012, to 2016, Tannehill was the most sacked QB in the league including a 58 times sacked in 2013. Back to the present, the OL's success is going to depend on Laremy Tunsil. Dude has all of the talent in the world but is too inconsistent. Everyone is excited for Kenyan Drake. He's the most explosive back we've had in some time and does it all. His health will be something to watch.

The only way to describe the defense in short is youthful. With Suh gone, Davon Godchaux, the co-starter from last year, will look to step up in his second season. DT Akeem Spence came over from Detroit and will start opposite of him. LB Raekwon McMillan is back from an ACL tear that sidelined him all of last year so this is essentially his rookie season. I'm sure most have heard of Kiko Alonso. He'll be in a more natural OLB position with the return of McMillan as the MLB. Rookie Jerome Baker will be the other OLB and has impressed with his speed throughout the off-season. The guy that everyone has raved about is newcomer Robert Quinn and it was evident as he racked up 3 sacks in the preseason. Cameron Wake is still kicking at 36 and hasn't lost much of a step. The fans are most excited about the secondary. Third-year CB Xavien Howard really came on towards the end of last year and is looking to push into the league of the best CBs. Bobby McCain will play opposite after a terrific 2017 season although he's more of a slot CB. When we're in the nickel rookie Minkah Fitzpatrick, who Gase refers to as "rare", will serve as the slot but he'll most likely be playing lots of FS in this game. TJ McDonald may serve as a 2nd "LB" on 3rd downs to get the best talent on the field but he's the "FS". And Reshad Jones is perhaps the most under-appreciated/rated Safety in the game. Can't name 10 better.

* A lot of the positions of defense are in quotations since we will apparently be sporting a new 4-2-5 look. 

1 hour ago, Ajayii said:

Dolphins fan here. I'm here in South Florida and we've been getting pelted with rain for the past couple of days because of the tropical storm that's headed for New Orleans. The weather should be better but you never know what you'll get down here. Hopefully just some storms in the morning.

Parker is apparently "iffy" for the game. No other major injuries for us.

Rotoworld says Parker could miss the first 2 games. Either way if he does or doesn’t play I would like to see Adore on Stills and let Butler and Ryan worry about Wilson and Amendola 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Rotoworld says Parker could miss the first 2 games. Either way if he does or doesn’t play I would like to see Adore on Stills and let Butler and Ryan worry about Wilson and Amendola 

Knowing Parker he will play. How do you guys do with tight ends and RBs? I think Gase is going to use a lot of Drake and Gesicki in the passing game IF Parker is out. 

19 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Yes but has improved with the addition of Jayon Brown and Byard. 

I guess, we were terrible now where just bad. Doyle still seems to kill us the Texans TE no matter who it is seems to hurt us. Don’t even look at what Kelce and Gronk did to us it wasn’t pretty

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I guess, we were terrible now where just bad. Doyle still seems to kill us the Texans TE no matter who it is seems to hurt us. Don’t even look at what Kelce and Gronk did to us it wasn’t pretty

I hope your D is ready then. Reading between the lines, Gase is about to throw a TE at the Titans that's in the same mold as those two in week 1.

Archived