Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

This is bad and something I definitely didn't expect to see when we moved from Robiskie to LaFleur.

I think perhaps I underestimated the fact that this is LaFleur's first year actually calling plays.

Like a player, there's going to be growing pains and learning experiences with him. Even with that stat I posted, I was pretty satisfied with the play designs. I think he'll get it figured out.

Glad to see that the stats pointed to them running a lot on 1st down. I made the comment during the second rain delay, but wasn't sure if I was "misremembering" or not. Also only went 5 wide once and that was an easy slant completion by Gabbert. 

Watching the MNF pregame they were saying that the spread out slant was a staple for the Rams. That is Mariota's strength...and I really don't recall one slant. It seems obvious to most of us casual fans, just not sure why our OC's have trouble figuring it out. Perhaps outsmarting themselves? 

I feel like we are too intrested in balance, we need to do what is the most effective like the Pats...they will throw it 20 strait times, or run it 20 strait times. I know the thought is run to set up play action, but an 8 yard slant on first down opens the play book for absolutely any play in existence. 

Archived