2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Anther thing I'd like to point out... If we are going to be picking top 5 with either pick... It may be because of us.  Not the Bears.  

If Key plays his part and shows he's legit.  And we feel good about Hurst and Hall.  

Do we take Bosa or Oliver? Do we trade back and collect more picks? 

3 hours ago, Totty said:

I wanted to elaborate on my last post about Devin White.  

So much hinges on Kolton Miller and Arden Key.  If those two can show something in their rookie campaign, I'd like to see some combo of: 

White and Greedy Williams

White and another target for Carr.

White and a running back that's worthy.  

There's so many freaking places we could go it's literally wide open.  Then factor in Jon Gruden crazy and it could be literally anything.  

I really think that putting White smack dab in the middle of our defense would do absolute wonders for the next ten years.  

Don't be a puke Jon.  Do it.  

My boy. Greedy is my favorite CB prospect in several years.

7 hours ago, Totty said:

Anther thing I'd like to point out... If we are going to be picking top 5 with either pick... It may be because of us.  Not the Bears.  

If Key plays his part and shows he's legit.  And we feel good about Hurst and Hall.  

Do we take Bosa or Oliver? Do we trade back and collect more picks? 

If you’re picking top 10 and already have a QB you take BPA. Having an elite rotation going after the QBs would make our defense op af. Then if you have a offense you’ll be a playoff super bowl contender 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

If you’re picking top 10 and already have a QB you take BPA. Having an elite rotation going after the QBs would make our defense op af. Then if you have a offense you’ll be a playoff super bowl contender 

We need to continue to add to the secondary and pass rush. 

If we can land Devin White next year, I'll be ecstatic. Dude is an animal. Best LB prospect I've seen in some time. He moves like a safety but weighs 250 pounds.

Depending on how the DL rotation does and if we have a chance at Gary/Bosa/Oliver we'll see how this goes. All 3 are phenomenal talents, with Gary lagging behind a little bit.

1 minute ago, Totty said:

I'd be elated with White with early pick and Gary with the second pick. ?

I don't think Gary will go outside the top 10. Only because his physical tools are ridiculous, even if his production/on field play doesn't match. Maybe both will be in the top 10 though :( .

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think Gary will go outside the top 10. Only because his physical tools are ridiculous, even if his production/on field play doesn't match. Maybe both will be in the top 10 though :( .

It's really hard to say.  Maybe it goes the other way around.  Maybe land an Oliver or Gary early and White later? Either way we stand to get two blue chip prospects.  One had better be White. ??

Gruden would never do this, but we should spend 4 first round picks on defense.... we for once would have a fast playmaking defense, 4 new young starters for Mack is a positive way of looking at him. Fixing the remaining holes on offense with mid round picks and free agency.... and actually trying to develop people

10 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think we absolutely must spend one of those picks on WR, personally.

I thought that same thing when elaborating on my post.  I can see Gruden going and getting a guy for Carr to have two legit threats. 

5 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think we absolutely must spend one of those picks on WR, personally.

I could see that, but maybe WR In round two... Hopefully Cooper develops into that Antonio Brown/Beckham we all hoped for... we would need a young number 2, and a Shepard was a late first and Juju a late first.. think we could find a Porter number 2 type.... chance to build a defensive powerhouse, with a franchise QB, number 1 wideout, very good offensive line,  hopefully franchise LT.... 

say we go defense and get that Smith MLB, Bosa DE.... draft a WR in 2nd....

2020-  Safety, CB in 1st

Defense going in Vegas

DE: Bosa, Irvin/Key

DT: Hall, Hurst

OLB: Whitehead, Lee (convert strongside)

MLB: D Smith

CB: Worley, Conely, Vet

S: 2020 1st, Joseph

------------------ think about it

offense

QB: Carr, AJ

RB: Lynch

FB: K Smith

WR: Cooper, Free agent, 2nd

TE: Free agent

T: Kolton, Parker (or vet)

G: KO, Jackson

C: Hudson

could be set up really nice with these picks... a couple free agents, try to squeeze out two more years of Beast mode

Archived