2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh but college makes it possible for you to get paid. 

Say we have the #2 pick and the Oregon qb goes #1 

given our literally empty roster are you so sold on bosa that you wouldn’t trade to move down to say #7 plus pick up the change in mid round picks? 

I just believe in devin white more than bosa 

still id trade down on d white and pick up devin bush later. 

I’ll take 2 b grade players over 1 a grade player right now we need gamers

Very fair point that youre bringing me around to. If we do end up with #1 overall and Bosa does his thing in the offseason circuit, we could get some serious offers to trade down a few spots and still walk away with a guy like Clelin Ferrell plus some real nice extra picks on day 2 and 3, or possibly even another day 1 pick in 2020.

I like your thinking here.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Right.... and Bosa did enough in college to "get paid". He's been by and large a top prospect not only this year, but last year as well. 

given our literally empty roster are you so sold on bosa that you wouldn’t trade to move down to say #7 plus pick up the change in mid round picks? 

Team has 5 first round draft picks in the next 2 years. Don't be Cleveland and start trading down just to trade down. You take the top player in the draft. You take the star talent.

You get gamers drafting gamers. Not trading back and hoping to find gamers in later rounds. Passing on Bosa or White for that matter would be simply further evidence this regime hasn't a clue how to build an NFL franchise. 

Give me Bosa and White over 4-5 other guys later on.

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Very fair point that youre bringing me around to. If we do end up with #1 overall and Bosa does his thing in the offseason circuit, we could get some serious offers to trade down a few spots and still walk away with a guy like Clelin Ferrell plus some real nice extra picks on day 2 and 3, or possibly even another day 1 pick in 2020.

Pass on star pass rusher, to draft an inferior pass rusher and add some day 2 and 3 picks? Haven't we seen enough of this from Oakland?

You have 5 first round picks over the next 2 drafts. 5! Get the best talent available. 

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.... having more draft picks is getting overrated in some camps.

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

1) he plays a position that is one of the deepest in the draft 

2) injury issues

3) off field issues 

First rounders guys im sold on so far are devin white, josh Allen and Andre Dillard 

hm- Thompson dionte 

ima watch Oliver a lot this weekend 

I think Josh Allen has the edge because of his pass rushing ability.

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I just believe in devin white more than bosa 

still id trade down on d white and pick up devin bush later. 

Lbs need people infront of them to be effective though. Part of issue we've had here outside of bowman at lb. I want a mlb like white but we need pass rusher more. 

Now if giants are #2-4 maybe then I trade back so they get qb we get bosa and use boys pick for Allen at lb. Allen can do bit of both pass rush and cover. I don't trust lsu lbs honestly but white looks good.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Oliver is too small, rumors are he’s 6’1 playing at 270 and not as strong.as Aaron Donald was in college.

He is going to be a dominant player in the NFL. Don't let his size fool you. He is an absolute beast against the run and has shown major potential as a passrusher. He doesn't have the sack stats if you box score scout, but that has alot to do with his scheme.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Lbs need people infront of them to be effective though. Part of issue we've had here outside of bowman at lb. I want a mlb like white but we need pass rusher more. 

Now if giants are #2-4 maybe then I trade back so they get qb we get bosa and use boys pick for Allen at lb. Allen can do bit of both pass rush and cover. I don't trust lsu lbs honestly but white looks good.

I like how hurst and devin bush know each other think that could be a good combo 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pass on star pass rusher, to draft an inferior pass rusher and add some day 2 and 3 picks? Haven't we seen enough of this from Oakland?

You have 5 first round picks over the next 2 drafts. 5! Get the best talent available. 

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.... having more draft picks is getting overrated in some camps.

Yea and how has drafting injured guys worked out for us so far?

8 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Get a team like the saints to bite like the did last year trade down and possibly pick up a 2020 first

Archived