2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears should finish around 6-10 or 7-9 and so should we. We'll likely have two top 15 picks during the next two years. I'm sure if we want Nick Bosa we can package some picks to move up and go get him. 

I wonder if it's worth giving up 2 1sts that are cost controlled for one player. Part of me says yes, but its hard to say right now.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wonder if it's worth giving up 2 1sts that are cost controlled for one player. Part of me says yes, but its hard to say right now.

Yeah a lot will change between now and the draft next year. If Arden Key and Mo Hurst ball out we may not need to add much more to the DL. 

Devin White is a guy I am pounding the table for if he is there when we pick.  Comparisons to Ray Lewis.  Absolute monster in the middle and one of the weaker positions we've had since Biekert.  White is a true franchise caliber talent. 

OK here’s a list of top DEs Gruden might be smart after all the draft is really deep at DEs.

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State 

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson 

Raekwon Davis, DE/DT, Alabama

Joe Jackson, DE, Miami 

Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan 

All of these guys should be in the top 15

9 hours ago, Totty said:

Devin White is a guy I am pounding the table for if he is there when we pick.  Comparisons to Ray Lewis.  Absolute monster in the middle and one of the weaker positions we've had since Biekert.  White is a true franchise caliber talent. 

We don’t draft LBs so you can scratch him off our board.

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

OK here’s a list of top DEs Gruden might be smart after all the draft is really deep at DEs.

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State 

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson 

Raekwon Davis, DE/DT, Alabama

Joe Jackson, DE, Miami 

Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan 

All of these guys should be in the top 15

I really like Bosa obviously, hes going to be special. But the guy I'm already in love with as a prospect is Gary from Michigan. Hes got a great build, explosive, scheme versatile. Was also very productive last season as a sophomore. The real question will be what do guys like Hall, Hurst and to a lesser extent Key (in relation to Gary) do. Because if Hall and Hurst look like future building blocks Gary isnt the best fit because while he can bend the edge some, and looks athletic enough to continue that in the NFL, I think he'll be at his best rushing the passer kicking inside. 

Side note, I agree about White, hes looks to be one of the best in a while, but I've kinda just stopped even looking at early LB's until its proven we'll take one within the first three rounds smh. 

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears should finish around 6-10 or 7-9 and so should we. We'll likely have two top 15 picks during the next two years. I'm sure if we want Nick Bosa we can package some picks to move up and go get him. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. If we wanted to trade both 1sts of the Bears to move up it'd basically be like trading Mack for a cheap Bosa. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If we wanted to trade both 1sts of the Bears to move up it'd basically be like trading Mack for a cheap Bosa. 

But where's the logic if thats the case? Say we trade up with both 1sts and draft a passrusher.

Why wouldnt we have just kept Mack and used our 1st next year on a different need?

6 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

But where's the logic if thats the case? Say we trade up with both 1sts and draft a passrusher.

Why wouldnt we have just kept Mack and used our 1st next year on a different need?

Because of money. Instead of 23M a year we get a guy for like 6M a year who can possibly be just as good. 

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We won't. But even if he's 3/4 as good, that's an extra 17M.

You never know. Clowney was supposed to be the second coming and has largely been an injury bust. Any of these guys could be great. I love Mack and honestly it feels like a family member died but now we have to move on and replace him. Hopefully it’s more Hershel Walker/Emmitt Smith than Cutler/Tebow. 

I wanted to elaborate on my last post about Devin White.  

So much hinges on Kolton Miller and Arden Key.  If those two can show something in their rookie campaign, I'd like to see some combo of: 

White and Greedy Williams. 

White and another target for Carr.

White and a running back that's worthy.  

There's so many freaking places we could go it's literally wide open.  Then factor in Jon Gruden crazy and it could be literally anything.  

I really think that putting White smack dab in the middle of our defense would do absolute wonders for the next ten years.  

Don't be a puke Jon.  Do it.  

Archived