2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I did a Fanspeak draft also but the BB rankings seem a little off right now.  Josh Allen went at the end of the first so he was not there when I picked in the 2nd.  One thing is for certain, this off-season is going to be fun with all the possibilities.  If our FO/Gruden screw this up they all need to be fired.

1: R1P1
 EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

15: R1P15
 LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU

23: R1P23
 WR D.K. METCALF
MISSISSIPPI

33: R2P1
 DEIONTE THOMPSON
ALABAMA

65: R3P1
 QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE

103: R4P1
 WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE

141: R5P1
 CB TREVON DIGGS
ALABAMA

197: R6P23
 CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

217: R7P1
 ZEDRICK WOODS
MISSISSIPPI

236: R7P20
 RB JORDAN SCARLETT
FLORIDA

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I did a Fanspeak draft also but the BB rankings seem a little off right now.  Josh Allen went at the end of the first so he was not there when I picked in the 2nd.  One thing is for certain, this off-season is going to be fun with all the possibilities.  If our FO/Gruden screw this up they all need to be fired.

1: R1P1
 EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

15: R1P15
 LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU

23: R1P23
 WR D.K. METCALF
MISSISSIPPI

33: R2P1
 DEIONTE THOMPSON
ALABAMA

65: R3P1
 QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE

103: R4P1
 WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE

141: R5P1
 CB TREVON DIGGS
ALABAMA

197: R6P23
 CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

217: R7P1
 ZEDRICK WOODS
MISSISSIPPI

236: R7P20
 RB JORDAN SCARLETT
FLORIDA

Wouldn't mind this at all because it addresses middle of def and pass rush. I'd prefer to stack up on defense and oline. I like aj brown too but rather grab decent wr later and fa. 

Tired of having no talent at lb, safety and end.

7 hours ago, roi34 said:

Wouldn't mind this at all because it addresses middle of def and pass rush. I'd prefer to stack up on defense and oline. I like aj brown too but rather grab decent wr later and fa. 

Tired of having no talent at lb, safety and end.

I agree and we need depth on OL especially someone that can step in as center in case Hudson gets dinged up. If he goes down it will be a nightmare with whoever we toss in right now. 

12 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Greedy had a bad game but you're not giving Bama's offense enough credit. Heisman QB throwing to NFL caliber WRs. Not to mention that the D was on the field constantly due to the stagnant LSU offense.

Tua might be the greatest QB in Bama history. Ruggs and Jeudy also look like future potential day 1 picks. For the first time i can remember with Saban there, Bama's offense is better than their D, which is scary.

I'll agree to that.  Bama's offense doesn't look good to me.  Don't get me wrong, they're productive, but so is Texas Tech every year no matter who they have. 

If so, that's sad.  Tua is not a good QB.  He may go down as a great college QB, but so did Tebow, someone I compare him to.

Now I'll agree that their WRs are going to be playing in the NFL in a few years.  Not sure any of them are Coop or Ridley at this point, but they're young.

The best point you made is that LSU's defense just got worn down.  However, Greedy didn't impress from the beginning.  It's only one game though.

I came away impressed with Bama's defense more than anything in that game.  Specifically Williams was dominant.

1st round

1) devin white LSU lb - would trade down a pick and still get him tho

12) Josh Allen Kentucky lb

25) Andre Dillard wash st ot 

2nd rnd 

1) Jaquan Johnson Mia safety

3rd

1) lil Jordan Humphrey Texas wr

4th rnd 

1) Bennie Snell Kentucky rb 

5th

1) marquise brown okla wr -doubt he’d be there but fanspeak says he’ll be there

6th

24) Carl Granderson Wyoming edge 

7th

1)devante Davis Texas cb

17) Jordan sims miss guard

Ftw

those are my top first rounders fwiw

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would hope that the Raiders wouldn’t waist a third round pick on a QB. For this team a third round pick needs to contribute right away.  

We need to focus on building the trenches and building the defense and I agree we need to pick smart and get contributors in our top rounds. We might even trade back in the first or second round. I hope our scouting department and Gruden have their A game because they can seriously derail this rebuild if they pick like Reggie has. It has to be BPA every round. 

this draft is the  best for Defensive line talent,  in over a decade.... I wouldn't mind doubling up on DLine to win in the trenches...  bet if we did that, a day 2 LB would look like a first rounder... need to build a younger version of Suh and Donald....some nightmares for offensive coordinators and QBs....stop the run, the basics...

I want to draft 3 defensive studs in round 1, but knowing we have Gruden that won't happen. Bosa is a must if he's there.

I anticipate signing Earl Thomas and Leveon Bell--they just both seem like Gruden guys to me. He's all but said we will go after Earl Thomas. With those two guys it opens up the draft a bit more. 

Bosa/White/Thomas to be our Simeon Rice/Derrick Brooks/John Lynch and shore up defense. Bell/Metcalf on offense to bolster the weapons. That's what I envision Jon going after.

I'm gonna state this one more time...

Quit dreaming cuz there's a ZERO percent chance we sign Leveon Bell.

He won't wanna play here, Chucky has always been a RBBC guy, and he hates divas who aren't about the team first. No way we sign him nor should we want to.

22 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I'm gonna state this one more time...

Quit dreaming cuz there's a ZERO percent chance we sign Leveon Bell.

He won't wanna play here, Chucky has always been a RBBC guy, and he hates divas who aren't about the team first. No way we sign him nor should we want to.

you really told em.

Sorry the way you said that was funny to me. I do agree that we shouldn't want Bell. The more Conner kills it in Pittsburgh the less I want him.

Archived