2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

31 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I'm gonna state this one more time...

Quit dreaming cuz there's a ZERO percent chance we sign Leveon Bell.

He won't wanna play here, Chucky has always been a RBBC guy, and he hates divas who aren't about the team first. No way we sign him nor should we want to.

Haha. ok. He's always been a vet QB guy. Will we sign Fitzpatrick or McCown? 

Not dreaming. I dont want Bell. Telling you what I see happening. 

52 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Haha. ok. He's always been a vet QB guy. Will we sign Fitzpatrick or McCown

Not dreaming. I dont want Bell. Telling you what I see happening. 

Fitz is gonna get paid but i could see him signing McCown as a backup.

Im just tired of all the Bell to OAK talk. Bell's worried bout himself 100% and wants things his way. Ask Jerry Porter, Keyshawn Johnson, and Bruce Irvin how a selfish, lackadasical attitude does on a Gruden team.

Gruden shouldn't, nor should any fans, want Bell for a littany of reasons.

13 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Fitz is gonna get paid but i could see him signing McCown as a backup.

Im just tired of all the Bell to OAK talk. Bell's worried bout himself 100% and wants things his way. Ask Jerry Porter, Keyshawn Johnson, and Bruce Irvin how a selfish, lackadasical attitude does on a Gruden team.

Gruden shouldn't, nor should any fans, want Bell for a littany of reasons.

Bell is a game changer and Gruden surely recognizes that.

Do you have the same opinion about Earl Thomas?

Once paid I think both can focus on football. I dont necessarily want either, but we have money that needs to be spent. More importantly this team needs high-level talent.

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Bell is a game changer and Gruden surely recognizes that.

Do you have the same opinion about Earl Thomas?

Once paid I think both can focus on football. I dont necessarily want either, but we have money that needs to be spent. More importantly this team needs high-level talent.

Earl might rub him the wrong way too but at least he showed up on gamedays and played well.

Thomas is the #1 FA i want actually.

14 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Earl might rub him the wrong way too but at least he showed up on gamedays and played well.

Thomas is the #1 FA i want actually.

Shows the hypocrisy. Bell played his first year on the tag.

Bell sat out the second year on the tag. Think Thomas won't sit out in 2019 if the Seahawks tag him?

There is no basis that Bell wont show up on game days and play well. He has proven to be a top 2 back in this league for years. A year without wear and tear only helps him, unless you think he's not in shape and that's purely speculation. Guarantee you Thomas isn't in great shape...he is rehabbing....

How is one a bad move and the other is your #1 guy? At a low regarded position and 3 years older. Makes no sense at all.

13 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Shows the hypocrisy. Bell played his first year on the tag.

Bell sat out the second year on the tag. Think Thomas won't sit out in 2019 if the Seahawks tag him?

There is no basis that Bell wont show up on game days and play well. He has proven to be a top 2 back in this league for years. A year without wear and tear only helps him, unless you think he's not in shape and that's purely speculation. Guarantee you Thomas isn't in great shape...he is rehabbing....

How is one a bad move and the other is your #1 guy? At a low regarded position and 3 years older. Makes no sense at all.

I realize it's a bit hypocritical(why i stated it could rub Chucky the wrong way) but i just like what Thomas brings to our defense more than what Bell brings to the offense.

RB is overvalued, as Bell's holdout has shown. Also theyre different sitches. Bell wants the biggest RB contract in history, Thomas just wanted an extension, he wasnt asking for record money. Even if you pay Thomas what he was making, its still around 6 mil a year less than what Bell's asking.

Chucky loves a thunder and lightning approach at RB too. Thomas would stabilize the deep field, which is a much bigger problem imo.

So in short...Thomas is cheaper, fills a higher position of need for us imo, and we could simply fill what Chucky wants at RB with a mid round pick or mid tier FA instead of spending $15 mil or more on one guy.

I can all but guarantee. That if Bell makes it to Free Agency. He will visit Oakland and I would bet that it would be one of Bell's first 3 visits.

Do i want him to sign? No. Would i be cool with it? Yes. He os stupid talented

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I can all but guarantee. That if Bell makes it to Free Agency. He will visit Oakland and I would bet that it would be one of Bell's first 3 visits.

Do i want him to sign? No. Would i be cool with it? Yes. He os stupid talented

Agreed. He is still really good, even if RB is not the most valuable position. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

My problem with bell is availablity. It seems like most seasons for one reason or another he’s missing games wether it’s because of injury, discipline  or even this holdout. Heck his own teammates in Pittsburgh don’t even want him back. Haven’t we had enough of this malcontented attitude and fracturing of the locker room? 

No on Bell. 

If wouldn’t surprise me if Gruden went out and signed Bell. Wouldn’t be something I would do because I rather sign Coleman and draft a RB to go with Warren, but Gruden can look at Bell as someone who can be the face of the franchise with Carr. What does Bell do better then most if not all RBs? That would be catching the ball. Gruden can look at Bell and be like that’s our version of Charlie Gardner but Bell is better. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As of today, we'd have the #2, #10, #25, and #34 picks. 

#2: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

#10: Deionte Thompson, FS, Alabama

#25: Anfernee Jennings, ILB, Alabama

#34: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

I’d trade #2 I want devin white over Bosa 

Archived