2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

id honestly double dip at DE if the board fell that way, im not entirely sold on Key. Id snag Bosa, and if a guy like Ferell is available at our 2nd pick id be all over it. WIth our assets and the depth in this draft being where its at, we need to add at least 3 pieces to our front 7. Id love to finally add a ILB before the 5th round, but I wont hold my breath. This defense obviously need major help, so im hoping our first 3 picks are spent on that side of the ball and spend our 2nd on a playmaker on offense. I feel this team needs a playmaker at RB, someone we can hand the rock to on a consistent basis and take the load off Carr.

we have a ton of high picks, im usually for trading back and accumulating picks, but we just haven't gotten fair value. Make the picks where we are and add talent to this roster.

I’ll 100% agree this team needs 3-4 pass rushers. 

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You should probably not use a Michigan homer who covers their teams as a source..... just saying. Just some homer sad because Bosa beat out the Michigan guys for a Dline player of the year award last year. 

This is why you don't stat sheet scout and watch the film.

And I didn't say THIS YEAR. He's dominated since he stepped on the field at Ohio State. And it's not just about sacks. He's a great edge setter and great against the run. 

B is chase and c is Gary two guys who play similar comp, are dline and are both in this years draft. 

Trust me I watched a lot of Michigan and Ohio st (my dads fav school). I wanted to see bosa solidifying his status this year but now I have more question marks.

Bosa is really good but not “god” status like some think imo

49 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

B is chase and c is Gary two guys who play similar comp, are dline and are both in this years draft. 

Trust me I watched a lot of Michigan and Ohio st (my dads fav school). I wanted to see bosa solidifying his status this year but now I have more question marks.

Bosa is really good but not “god” status like some think imo

Bosa checked all the boxes as a sophomore. 4 sacks in 3 games bbefore getting injured. Looked dominate, got a core injury. Don't overthink it. 

I watch every Michigan game. Winovich's game doesn't translate. He's a high effort player, will be a good role player in the NFL but isn't going to be able win the same way he has in college. Gary is a great player. Has a first round grade. Athletic bbut has has some holes in his game. 

For the record, I would take all 3 on my team. But only one of them is a top 5 pick and it's Bosa.

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bosa checked all the boxes as a sophomore. 4 sacks in 3 games bbefore getting injured. Looked dominate, got a core injury. Don't overthink it. 

I watch every Michigan game. Winovich's game doesn't translate. He's a high effort player, will be a good role player in the NFL but isn't going to be able win the same way he has in college. Gary is a great player. Has a first round grade. Athletic bbut has has some holes in his game. 

For the record, I would take all 3 on my team. But only one of them is a top 5 pick and it's Bosa.

Agree with the last sentence.

imo I think bosa is in it just for the $ which I can’t hate on but some legit love the game. 

Like I tell the kids I coach some do it for the season others do it for a reason. I want the guys who eat, sleep and crap football. The guys who come back to school to perfect their game or to keep their college winning tradition alive. Guys who are loyal and live for rivalry games. Football is life to some people to others just a job. 

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’ll 100% agree this team needs 3-4 pass rushers. 

I disagree with needing that many. Bosa would be the all-around presence like Mack. I think we only really need 2. A complete package end(Bosa) and another base end who can play the run as well. Key is built to be a nickel rusher in a 4-3. He doesn't have the size and strength to play consistent snaps on 1st and 2nd down

Bosa, a balanced base end who is equally adequate against run and pass who can move to DT on 3rd downs(similar to a Charles Johnson), Key as a nickel rusher, and maybe another situational pass rusher for insurance and i think we'd be fine.

If Ferrell fell to our 2nd 1st and we had already taken Bosa, i'd be all for taking him. But our best runstoppers at DE this season have been Rucker and Hurst. We need a legit base end to anchor the strong side on early downs who can also get pressure on play actions and such cuz Rucker/Hurst outside is good for the run but an audible to a pass makes that a weakness.

Run downs

Bosa - Hurst - Jelly - Ferrell

Passing downs

Bosa - Hurst - Ferrell/Hall - Key

Just to chime in as a Buckeye fan, I was kinda sad that Bosa wouldn't play for us again. However, he wasn't due to come back from his injury until about this time.  Leaving him with 3-4 games at the most. I can't blame him for wanting to rehab on his own terms and protecting his future.

He has nothing left to prove imo.  He is and has always been better than his brother, who I loved. Nick is just so far ahead of Joey and I can see that continuing.  If you want another comparison besides his brother, it's the guy he'd be replacing. High praise? Perhaps. He's that good.

As for the stats that were getting thrown around from last year. There's a big reason Nick's numbers don't look as good as the Michigan guys, he was one of 8-10 dlineman who played meaningful snaps every game. Remember Tyquan Lewis, Sam Hubbard, and Jalyn Holmes were all drafted last year. Bosa, Landers, Young, and Jones will all be drafted when their time comes. 

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I disagree with needing that many. Bosa would be the all-around presence like Mack. I think we only really need 2. A complete package end(Bosa) and another base end who can play the run as well. Key is built to be a nickel rusher in a 4-3. He doesn't have the size and strength to play consistent snaps on 1st and 2nd down

Bosa, a balanced base end who is equally adequate against run and pass who can move to DT on 3rd downs(similar to a Charles Johnson), Key as a nickel rusher, and maybe another situational pass rusher for insurance and i think we'd be fine.

If Ferrell fell to our 2nd 1st and we had already taken Bosa, i'd be all for taking him. But our best runstoppers at DE this season have been Rucker and Hurst. We need a legit base end to anchor the strong side on early downs who can also get pressure on play actions and such cuz Rucker/Hurst outside is good for the run but an audible to a pass makes that a weakness.

Run downs

Bosa - Hurst - Jelly - Ferrell

Passing downs

Bosa - Hurst - Ferrell/Hall - Key

I was talking about both DEs and LBs. Right now the Raiders have 1 outside pass rusher.

The Raiders need a DE like Bosa but also a LB  like Josh Allen who can also lineup as an edge pass rusher.

Thats what I meant when I said the Raiders need 3- 4 pass rushers.

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I was talking about both DEs and LBs. Right now the Raiders have 1 outside pass rusher.

The Raiders need a DE like Bosa but also a LB  like Josh Allen who can also lineup as an edge pass rusher.

Thats what I meant when I said the Raiders need 3- 4 pass rushers.

Completely agree.  In my mock I had us picking up 2 in FA and 2 in the draft.  We could also get one of the top DT that can be 3 down players also.  We could go front seven with our first 4 picks and I would be happy depending on what we do in FA.  This team should look very different next year and hopefully it is better.  

Archived