2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Dont put words in my mouth. He's my #4 prospect so i have plenty of respect for him and have watched him play several times this year.

I never said he wasn't elite or close to him, i just said he's not a better prospect than Bosa. Bosa is a tremendous athlete with everything you want as a prospect and no flaws whatsoever.

Argue it all you want tho. Ive watched plenty of both and Bosa is the better overall prospect imo.

What are quinnen williams flaws as a prospect? You can make a good argument that he's a better athlete playing against better competition. Give me something concrete. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You just shut down the notion that Bosa isn't the best player in the class, which is a valid possiblity, even if the media says otherwise. You're response to him was literally "no, just no". But why though? Give me something concrete? 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What are quinnen williams flaws as a prospect? You can make a good argument that he's a better athlete playing against better competition. Give me something concrete. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You just shut down the notion that Bosa isn't the best player in the class, which is a valid possiblity, even if the media says otherwise. You're response to him was literally "no, just no". But why though? Give me something concrete? 

Doesn't have outstanding arm length, overruns plays at times due to overaggressiveness, and his ability to bend/agility/COD isn't close to on par with Oliver.

That may seem nitpicky but when you're talking about prospects like Bosa and Oliver that's the difference. In reality all 3 guys could be #1 picks in seperate drafts. I love Williams as a prospect and think he'll be a special player but he just so happens to be in a draft class featuring one of the most perfect DEs that i can ever remember and one of the most incredible athletes i've ever seen play DT.

It's not a knock on Williams, it's more a testament to how STUPID talented this draft class is on defense. One reason why i pray we go D with all 3 1sts.

Just now, riceman80 said:

Doesn't have outstanding arm length, overruns plays at times due to overaggressiveness, and his ability to bend/agility/COD isn't close to on par with Oliver.

That may seem nitpicky but when you're talking about prospects like Bosa and Oliver that's the difference. In reality all 3 guys could be #1 picks in seperate drafts. I love Williams as a prospect and think he'll be a special player but he just so happens to be in a draft class featuring one of the most perfect DEs that i can ever remember and one of the most incredible athletes i've ever seen play DT.

It's not a knock on Williams, it's more a testament to how STUPID talented this draft class is on defense. One reason why i pray we go D with all 3 1sts.

imagine trading up and landing 2 out 3 Oliver Bosa and Williams

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine trading up and landing 2 out 3 Oliver Bosa and Williams

It'd probably never happen but the prospect of doing that would be tantalizing. Bosa #1 and then trade up for Williams or Oliver would have a ripple effect. 1 problem tho...in 4-5 years you're gonna have to probably handout 2 $100+ mil contracts within a year or 2 of each other

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DE- Bosa

UT- Hall/Hurst

NT- Ellis or Hankins

DE- ? 

games are won on the trenches.... would need another DE to fill out the line

I agree. Key needs to be a nickel rusher. I think we'd be wise to get a balanced base end who can do a little of both against run and pass. A Charles Johnson type player. The idea of Bosa and Ferrell would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

It'd probably never happen but the prospect of doing that would be tantalizing. Bosa #1 and then trade up for Williams or Oliver would have a ripple effect. 1 problem tho...in 4-5 years you're gonna have to probably handout 2 $100+ mil contracts within a year or 2 of each other

If you were to invest in Defense, edge and interior on the trenches Is where to invest.... Average Cbs could look decent with a stud pass rush.... Like you said Oliver, Williams, and Bosa would be fine number 1 picks in normal drafts... this draft so rich on dline talent...   how would you compare Myles Garret and Bosa?  you said best ever

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I agree. Key needs to be a nickel rusher. I think we'd be wise to get a balanced base end who can do a little of both against run and pass. A Charles Johnson type player. The idea of Bosa and Ferrell would be ideal.

Yeah I see Key as a situational pass rusher in the future..... who are other Des you like in the 10-15 range? any stud linebackers who could captain the defense besides White. we need a leader on defense, who has speed, instincts, tacking machine on the run game...

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You do realize that Bosa Missed most of the year because of an injury.

Ah the old he could get injured so its too risky argument...

Mack has missed several games this season after missing none for years as well. Does that mean he's any less what he was or not worth his value?

Injuries are not a concern unless theyre consistent or cause athleticism to be hindered. A guy like Fournette(constant ankle problems) has injury concerns. Bosa doesn't.

Archived