2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

If you were to invest in Defense, edge and interior on the trenches Is where to invest.... Average Cbs could look decent with a stud pass rush.... Like you said Oliver, Williams, and Bosa would be fine number 1 picks in normal drafts... this draft so rich on dline talent...   how would you compare Myles Garret and Bosa?  you said best ever

Bosa is just as athletic but has better traits imo. Longer arms, stronger, slightly better hand usage, and much higher motor. Bosa is just so athletic and so polished. I fully expect him to be a year 1 Pro Bowler. He's an NFL ready impact player right now.

If Garrett was in this draft class, i dont think he'd go top 5 honestly.

11 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Bosa is just as athletic but has better traits imo. Longer arms, stronger, slightly better hand usage, and much higher motor. Bosa is just so athletic and so polished. I fully expect him to be a year 1 Pro Bowler. He's an NFL ready impact player right now.

Agree on bosa not sure about Garret. He's prob still top 3-5. Garret is animal

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Agree on bosa not sure about Garret. He's prob still top 3-5. Garret is animal

He's a great player for sure. I'm a huge stickler for effort tho when im scouting and Garrett had alot of tape where he took plays off or didn't hustle. I'm glad to see he's panned out well. Idk why he was that way in college but he almost seemed bored and disinterested sometimes.

26 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Ah the old he could get injured so its too risky argument...

Mack has missed several games this season after missing none for years as well. Does that mean he's any less what he was or not worth his value?

Injuries are not a concern unless theyre consistent or cause athleticism to be hindered. A guy like Fournette(constant ankle problems) has injury concerns. Bosa doesn't.

3 years ago Bosa tore his knee up.

Thats twice in 3 years.

26 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

dam

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

3 years ago Bosa tore his knee up.

Thats twice in 3 years.

ACLs are intricate but you have a series of basic questions...

Was there any other damage to the knee? Has he had complications with said knee? Is there a noticable loss of athleticism?

I see your point but personally as an evaluator, i dont get worked up about that kinda stuff unless it's consistent injuries or causes persistent problems.

And then sometimes there's guys like Bob Sanders and Ziggy Ansah, who're just made of glass.

2 major surgeries that're recovered from are far less concerning to me than guys like Fournette who always are always nicked up. In particular, persistent soft tissue injuries are biggest injury red flag imo.

16 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

He's a great player for sure. I'm a huge stickler for effort tho when im scouting and Garrett had alot of tape where he took plays off or didn't hustle. I'm glad to see he's panned out well. Idk why he was that way in college but he almost seemed bored and disinterested sometimes.

The one thing I love about Bosa the most is one thing I loved about Mack the most, never ever will you see on tape them taking a play off. Ever. They love the game and love competition. 

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

better for the Giants to lose or 49ers? 49ers more of threat to take Bosa..... Giants for sure getting a QB

Definitely the Giants winning was better for us. There’s no QB worth taking #1 overall this year. Nick Bosa will be the 1st player off the board IMO. 

All we have to do is lose to the Cardinals this week and that should hopefully give us #1 overall pick

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The one thing I love about Bosa the most is one thing I loved about Mack the most, never ever will you see on tape them taking a play off. Ever. They love the game and love competition. 

Not beating a dead horse but could you imagine a line of Bosa-Hurst-Suh or any of the top five NTs in the draft-Mack.  Pipe dream and would have taken up a ton of cap or draft capital but I could have played MLB behind that line and made the pro bowl.  

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Miles Garrett is a flat out beast and so is Bosa.  Splitting hairs on who's better as they are both one of the top 3 young DE's in the game.  

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

better for the Giants to lose or 49ers? 49ers more of threat to take Bosa..... Giants for sure getting a QB

As it sits now we draft number 1.  I hope Herbert declares as that will give us a ton of options.  Ideally the Giants get worried we'll trade back from 1 so we move to 2 and acquire more picks and still land Bosa.  

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

As it sits now we draft number 1.  I hope Herbert declares as that will give us a ton of options.  Ideally the Giants get worried we'll trade back from 1 so we move to 2 and acquire more picks and still land Bosa.  

Best part of that is we will have time on our side.  The front office will have til late April to discuss trades with other teams.  If they blow this one Mark should fire all of them and then get rid of the team.  There is almost zero chance of screwing this up without something unforeseen happening like Bosa tearing an ACL on his way to hug Goodell.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'd be more worried about Gruden drafting a QB. That seems like a Gruden thing to do, we all expect Bosa and he takes a QB lol

Archived