2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Yeah people are hating on Carr but he was still decent last year despite Downing's putrid offense and playcalling. I have no doubt he'll bounceback.

His 2015/2016 numbers...

62.5% comp, 7900+ yards, 60 TDs, 19 INTs, 19-12 as a starter. I'll take a QB who puts those numbers up. Gruden's coaching and system should only elevate him. From all accounts, he had no problem mastering Gruden's system in camp. If Gannon can be a league MVP in it , despite his immense physical limitations, i see no reason why Carr can't be excellent. Carr in this system is the one thing I'm most excited about to see from our team this year.

I will definitely agree on your last sentence. 

On 9/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, TheMadStork said:

BPA including QB....fify

Carrs would be on a short leash if I was in charge..we might have been better off paying Mack and drafting Rosen

Carr's contract alone makes that extremely unlikely, unless you're talking mid round, back up with potential type... Whether you like it or not Carr is playing the first year in a big contract. Hes here for the long haul, whether rookies are cheap or not, you dont invest that much and then try to replace him after the first year of his extension. This isnt some DT free agency signing, this is franchise QB money on a guy not even 30 yet. Yeah, Gruden goes off of play and all that, but justifying that to Mark (who loves Derek) would take an injury or Russell level of incompetence. And the latter isnt happening. 

Even outside of that DC isnt the guy that we need to be talking about replacing. Hes too talented, we've seen his high end, a top 4 MVP finish, 12-3 as a starter, 2 seed before injury, clutch in the 4th QT, with virtually zero defense. Hes one of the most prolific throwers of the football in NFL history through his first four years (including his bad year last year that still wasnt bottom 10 in the NFL or anything like that). Sure stats are inflated nowadays but that list is him with a couple of all timers that played (or at least started) their careers in previous eras. Carr isnt the problem here. Does he have some shortcomings? Obviously. You can talk about him being bad under pressure, well most QBs arent great when getting hit consistently, Carr likely never will be either that's a rarity I cant really name many guys that were great when facing constant pressure. Carr is more than capable of winning a super bowl or two, but he cant do it on his own. And regardless hes most certainly not being replaced next season, the contract alone almost guarantees that. 

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

Carr isnt going anywhere. Gruden signed when Carr was on year 1 of a 125 million deal, if he didnt believe in carr he wouldnt be HC right now.

Yup. Carr played 2017 coming off of a broken leg, playing with a broken back, for an offensive coordinator that had no idea what he was doing. Even then Carr was 14th in passing yards and 12th in TD passes. That's obviously not great but even at his worst he's an above average player, we need him to be a top 5 QB to be great though.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Bears and Raiders Top 2 Picks, Bosa and Oliver both a Raider. 

This year would be hella depressing, but man our D-line would be sick moving forward.  Between Oliver, Hall, and Hurst, one of them would have to move over to base end though.

12 hours ago, 101Raider said:

This year would be hella depressing, but man our D-line would be sick moving forward.  Between Oliver, Hall, and Hurst, one of them would have to move over to base end though.

Until we’d have to resign them. Then one or both will be gone. 

Archived