2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Thompson a top ten pick.... Bears pick looking like it will be in the 20s

I’ve seen a few mocks where Thompson is taken in the 20’s, one by us even. 

I think Thompson will be taken in the teens though but I also don’t think the Bears make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve seen a few mocks where Thompson is taken in the 20’s, one by us even. 

I think Thompson will be taken in the teens though but I also don’t think the Bears make the playoffs. 

I agree on Thompson in the teens. Bears will be interesting to watch -- they control their own destiny.with half a game on the Vikings and a game and a half vs GB. They have to face the Packers once and MIN twice though. Could change the tides, but they also get to face SF, Detroit, and the Giants too. They're in the thick of their division race and the wildcard race. Hoping we can land him with Chicago's pick, personally. But we'll see.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

am I only one who likes our corners.... Conely, Worley, and Nelson.... maybe add a day 2 pick or day 3......   safeties are gross..... unless Joseph steps it up, need 2 starters....

I’m with you on this. Ironically it’s probably the strongest position on defense. 

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Cb def best we've had in while. Not thier fault they have to cover for an hour because no pressures. Also safety is bad unless Joseph is out there. Joseph atleast looks like a nfl player unlike reggie

Not surprisingly..... they played their best defense last week by letting the young players play. They may not be as seasoned on the nuances of the scheme, but their speed was apparent. Still laughing at Gordon juking Nelson. He looked like he got frozen in time. 

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not surprisingly..... they played their best defense last week by letting the young players play. They may not be as seasoned on the nuances of the scheme, but their speed was apparent. Still laughing at Gordon juking Nelson. He looked like he got frozen in time. 

I would also like to see the youth at LB.

I would roll with the Lee-Cabinda-Morrow trio for the rest of the way.

Brown-Hankins-Hurst-Key

Lee-Cabinda-Morrow

Conley-Joseph-Harris-Worley

would be my base with a Lee to N.Nelson change for nickel.

Calhoun and Smith could be the DE rotation, Hall and soon Jelly the DT rotation...

Finally watched this weeks game last night and I must say we looked a lot better than I had expected.  The biggest thing I noticed is if he is healthy Karl Joseph needs to be on the field.  He belongs and all the coaches have to do is make sure he is not lined up on a TE.  Our defense looks like it is starting to click and we just need to stop giving up big plays.  Unfortunately for them that is what Gordon does.  The guy is a beast and Rivers is a great QB.  Looks like the run game is making a comeback in the NFL. Could be 10-12 1000 rushers this year.  That leads me to the O.  This unit flashes and then dies repeatedly throughout the game.  I am not sure of the percentages but we are horrible in the red zone. 

I also like Worley, he’s got beatin bad at times but we are on pace for the worst pass rush in NFL History (14% of snaps we get pressure, worst season ever for any team was 24%). I think Worley and Conley can be a pretty solid duo, nothing earth shattering, but solid. We need a couple DE’s, a MLB, and a S most importantly. A WLB would be nice too. Keep giving Karl Joseph chances to succeed, not sure why they took snaps from him the past couple years for inferior safeties like Reggie Nelson. Let’s see if Joseph can succeed. Would save us a draft pick. 

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

I would also like to see the youth at LB.

I would roll with the Lee-Cabinda-Morrow trio for the rest of the way.

Brown-Hankins-Hurst-Key

Lee-Cabinda-Morrow

Conley-Joseph-Harris-Worley

would be my base with a Lee to N.Nelson change for nickel.

Calhoun and Smith could be the DE rotation, Hall and soon Jelly the DT rotation...

I like it but start Calhoun and use Key as a situational pass rusher.. blitz him different ways, and attack the opposing teams weakest blocker....

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm so down with Easton Stick. He's sneaky good. Confident and poise. Telling you all..... this kid is a Gruden Grinder. He's going to win Gruden's heart in the offseason. Not sure where his stock is, but the  hype is coming.

Where does North Dakota State keep finding QBs? It’s like this terrible low key school no one cares about except they keep finding All Pro QBs. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I also like Worley, he’s got beatin bad at times but we are on pace for the worst pass rush in NFL History (14% of snaps we get pressure, worst season ever for any team was 24%). I think Worley and Conley can be a pretty solid duo, nothing earth shattering, but solid. We need a couple DE’s, a MLB, and a S most importantly. A WLB would be nice too. Keep giving Karl Joseph chances to succeed, not sure why they took snaps from him the past couple years for inferior safeties like Reggie Nelson. Let’s see if Joseph can succeed. Would save us a draft pick. 

I agree about Joseph but what role does he play that will maximize his abilities and hide his deficiencies?  I think he could easily play in the slot against smaller wideouts.  I remember his coverage was a positive but then he was asked to cover TEs in the league that had 8 inches and 60 lbs on him.  I love him in the run game.  Watching him and Gordon go at each other was great.  Watching Nelson try to tackle Gordon was a comedy show.

53 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like it but start Calhoun and use Key as a situational pass rusher.. blitz him different ways, and attack the opposing teams weakest blocker....

I was also pleasantly surprised by Calhoun.  If the light bulb is starting to flicker for him that would be great.  He would be a great rotational DE.  Maybe it is the inside pressure that is starting to help him.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was also pleasantly surprised by Calhoun.  If the light bulb is starting to flicker for him that would be great.  He would be a great rotational DE.  Maybe it is the inside pressure that is starting to help him.

I’ve always liked Calhoun never though he was given a fair shot. That’s sack was textbook thing of beauty. 

Archived