2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

The anti-Carr stuff is truly terrifying to see from the fans. Yes he blew it in the second half but he is in a completely new system and we need to see how he does as the season moves on. I’ll agree he did look lost scared in the second half and under throwing and lobbing up ducks. 

It’s only one game vs a SB contender. I will give Carr time and see how he manages in the new system. If he is permanently in shock mode then I’m worried but he looked great that first half minus the int. Gruden wouldn’t have come back if he didn’t believe in Carr. I won’t give up on him this season.

4 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

The anti-Carr stuff is truly terrifying to see from the fans. Yes he blew it in the second half but he is in a completely new system and we need to see how he does as the season moves on. I’ll agree he did look lost scared in the second half and under throwing and lobbing up ducks. 

It’s only one game vs a SB contender. I will give Carr time and see how he manages in the new system. If he is permanently in shock mode then I’m worried but he looked great that first half minus the int. Gruden wouldn’t have come back if he didn’t believe in Carr. I won’t give up on him this season.

I wanna give you a genuine thank you

I'm not among the "jump the gun" type of guys IMO. Carr's play however was so worriesome.

It is not like he had a bad day and forced some bad throws, made some bad reads or wasn't on the same page with his recievers in a new scheme.

He was scared, he played like a headless chicken...he saw ghosts and he felt pressure, even where there was none...

If he start to see ghosts and become scared and shell shocked he is lost...

If he is lost, we need to move on. We can cut him with a 7,5M dead money or ship him to a team, who thinks he can fix him...

I'm not saying we need to do it now obviously, we have a season to go, Gruden has a season to fix him, but if he can't we need to move on

40 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I'm not among the "jump the gun" type of guys IMO. Carr's play however was so worriesome.

It is not like he had a bad day and forced some bad throws, made some bad reads or wasn't on the same page with his recievers in a new scheme.

He was scared, he played like a headless chicken...he saw ghosts and he felt pressure, even where there was none...

It's a recurring theme from last year and a potential fatal flaw in his game. He might indeed have a case of the yips, we'll see.

This season is all about finding out who Derek Carr is. I know Gruden is the type of guy who obviously has no problem getting rid of anybody. 

It sucks watching him play like that and I was part of the Carr lynch mob yesterday as well. Have to remember that Gruden was brought in to fix these issues. He had such limited live action in preseason and while you can simulate it in practice all you want, it’s not the real thing. I’m not sure how Gruden fixes it, but I am sure it is one of his top priorities. 

Whether it is actually fixed, who knows? If we get to the end of the season and progress has not been made, we will have some decisions to make.

Maybe since Bryant is back, they should hang out pregame. MB probably has something to calm him down. That’s natural, god put it on earth for a reason. He needs to relax and not worry so much. Haha

In all seriousness, I’d rather risk the chance at a pick throwing the ball downfield than checking down and throwing away on third down.

There was a lot I did not like about Carr's game Monday but two of the INTs looked like miscommunications between him and Cook.  The first looked like Carr either under-threw or more likely Cook was suppose to stop and elevate over the defender at the goal line.  The third one Cook stops on the route and gives Peters a clear path to the ball.  If Cook does not pull up he at least shields Peters from being able to make a play.  Carr has a lot of work to do, especially realizing there are a couple guys wearing Oakland Jerseys with the numbers 82 and 89, but our team as a whole played better than expected and had a chance against a Super Bowl contender.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

our team as a whole played better than expected and had a chance against a Super Bowl contender.

Had Carr played just average in the 2nd half, we might have won that game. The Rams are a top 4 team in the league this season. So for a 1st game in new schemes on both sides of the ball, it's encouraging. The huge question mark is Carr.

coaching will be better but will the talent. Whitehead looked good, so did Cook, and corners look to have potential. Just rookies but hopefully Hankins, Hurst, Hall, Key have strong years.... how did Marquel Lee look Monday? going into week 2 I think the biggest needs for this team

• S
  • SLB
  • DE
  • WR
  • maybe a young RB, Lynch still has it tho

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

There was a lot I did not like about Carr's game Monday but two of the INTs looked like miscommunications between him and Cook.  The first looked like Carr either under-threw or more likely Cook was suppose to stop and elevate over the defender at the goal line.  The third one Cook stops on the route and gives Peters a clear path to the ball.  If Cook does not pull up he at least shields Peters from being able to make a play.  Carr has a lot of work to do, especially realizing there are a couple guys wearing Oakland Jerseys with the numbers 82 and 89, but our team as a whole played better than expected and had a chance against a Super Bowl contender.

Carr stated in the press conference it was just a chemistry issue. Cook felt covered by Peters so he turned upfield after his route was covered. Carr just happened to throw it ahead of his route to give him a shot at muscling it from Peters when Cook broke the route.

One of the many thing we'll all see ironed out in time. Gannon made the same miscues early on. But eventually he knew exactly where Rice and Brown were going if the initial route failed. Its all chemistry and these guys are in a brand new system. Give if time fellas

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

One of the many thing we'll all see ironed out in time. Gannon made the same miscues early on. But eventually he knew exactly where Rice and Brown were going if the initial route failed. Its all chemistry and these guys are in a brand new system. Give if time fellas

Carr and our offense looked identical to how they looked under Downing last season, especially in the second half. It doesn't matter who our coaches are if Carr is afraid to stand tall in the pocket and take chances down the field we're just not going to be a good football team. 

19 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It's a recurring theme from last year and a potential fatal flaw in his game. He might indeed have a case of the yips, we'll see.

This season is all about finding out who Derek Carr is. I know Gruden is the type of guy who obviously has no problem getting rid of anybody. 

I’m watching the interview today from him and he looks shook talking fast not saying nothing he can’t play bad on Sunday.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m watching the interview today from him and he looks shook talking fast not saying nothing he can’t play bad on Sunday.

Vic asked him what was he doing on one play and he rambled on not really saying anything. He looked uncomfortable answering that question. He knows the general narrative about him is that he plays scared. Carr usually doesn't have two bad games in a row, so we'll see how he does but I am about 70% sure he will have a bad game in Denver. 

Archived