2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They're going to key in on him all game. 

I like our matchups outside this week anyway. I imagine we'll see Chris Harris on Coop most of the time but i especially like Bryant/Nelson vs. Roby/Brock.

I'm scared for Carr tho cuz Kolton is gonna need help against Von Miller. He annihilated Seattle's OTs on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

He annihilated Seattle's OTs on Sunday.

Kolton actually surprised me holding his own vs rams. The interior got worked though. Granted Chubb and von will be an extreme challenge we will probably use an extra TE 

Using Seattles OL for any justification isn’t helping. They are bad and Wilson has to turn poop into gold every time he hikes the ball. 

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Kolton actually surprised me holding his own vs rams. The interior got worked though. Granted Chubb and von will be an extreme challenge we will probably use an extra TE 

Using Seattles OL for any justification isn’t helping. They are bad and Wilson has to turn poop into gold every time he hikes the ball. 

Disagree. Their line overall is terrible but Duane Brown is still an above average LT imo.

And i expect we'll see Lee Smith get alot of inline blocking assignments or chip and bail routes as well.

17 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Disagree. Their line overall is terrible but Duane Brown is still an above average LT imo.

And i expect we'll see Lee Smith get alot of inline blocking assignments or chip and bail routes as well.

Wilson was faced with immediate pressure almost every snap. Reminded me of our team with Aaron Brooks 

I believe if we come prepared and play like the first half vs the Rams and make actual adjustments we can win this. I definitely want this win. Marquette King can punt as much as he wants ☠️ Just means Case Keenum is doing his usual. 3 picks vs the rotting corpse of the legion of boom.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:16 PM, Humble_Beast said:

coaching will be better but will the talent. Whitehead looked good, so did Cook, and corners look to have potential. Just rookies but hopefully Hankins, Hurst, Hall, Key have strong years.... how did Marquel Lee look Monday? going into week 2 I think the biggest needs for this team

• S
  • SLB
  • DE
  • WR
  • maybe a young RB, Lynch still has it tho

if you think about it, we are in a good spot... could knock out 3 spots in rounds 1 and 2(2019)...... with cap space, we can knock out the other 3 spots in free agency

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if you think about it, we are in a good spot... could knock out 3 spots in rounds 1 and 2(2019)...... with cap space, we can knock out the other 3 spots in free agency

We had what looks to be a strong draft in 2018 and we'll need to continue to build through the draft going forward. While I hated losing Mack as much as anyone, the additional two first-round picks will really help us accelerate our rebuild. 

As far as Carr, he faced a Defense that had last years MVP next to Suh and they stole KC's best CB and Denver's best CB. So WR's are not a factor (hence Cooks number being called) yet the sky is falling because we fell apart after a good first half. I was at the game and NEVER thought we'd be in it by halftime yet we were WINNING!!! All went bad later and a lot of that is on Carr but did anybody actually think we could beat the Rams? They were/are the better team on paper and in reality. Carr will get better and honestly I think losing Mack will affect him more this season  than anyone realizes. They had a bromance that was good for the team until DADDY came in and broke it up. Which I totally understand for a business and the future of the franchise.

With that said we don't need to trade up for Bosa/Oliver. The link provided showed "An initial ranking of the best 32 NFL prospects this season features 12 defensive linemen, a few more defenders who play near the line of scrimmage."

Defense can be improved with a DT like Lawerence, unless we sign Hankins long term in the off-season. BPA is the way to go and it was this last year but Miller was the choice over S Fitz/James. Carr will get better but I expect his whole career will have times where he's worried about injury and Chucky took Miller to keep Carr healthy so I understand the reasons but...

I'm more worried about our HC than our QB to be honest and could see Gruden trading him next year if an offer is made that's good enough. Had we drafted Rosen we's still have a QB that is injury prone so it's a wash with that logic...

7 minutes ago, G said:

As far as Carr, he faced a Defense that had last years MVP next to Suh and they stole KC's best CB and Denver's best CB. So WR's are not a factor (hence Cooks number being called) yet the sky is falling because we fell apart after a good first half. I was at the game and NEVER thought we'd be in it by halftime yet we were WINNING!!! All went bad later and a lot of that is on Carr but did anybody actually think we could beat the Rams? They were/are the better team on paper and in reality. Carr will get better and honestly I think losing Mack will affect him more this season  than anyone realizes. They had a bromance that was good for the team until DADDY came in and broke it up. Which I totally understand for a business and the future of the franchise.

With that said we don't need to trade up for Bosa/Oliver. The link provided showed "An initial ranking of the best 32 NFL prospects this season features 12 defensive linemen, a few more defenders who play near the line of scrimmage."

Defense can be improved with a DT like Lawerence, unless we sign Hankins long term in the off-season. BPA is the way to go and it was this last year but Miller was the choice over S Fitz/James. Carr will get better but I expect his whole career will have times where he's worried about injury and Chucky took Miller to keep Carr healthy so I understand the reasons but...

I'm more worried about our HC than our QB to be honest and could see Gruden trading him next year if an offer is made that's good enough. Had we drafted Rosen we's still have a QB that is injury prone so it's a wash with that logic...

There is nothing good in our future if we drafted Rosen. We can’t give up on Carr this quick Rosen is not going to even be Dalton level. We need to focus on BPA on the draft and I’ll admit I was beyond pissed we traded down passes on Derwin James. I’ll wait n see did Gruden waste another 3 years of my life watching football idk.

We can’t give up on Carr unless he Sanchez’s to week 17

Archived