2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what I don't understand you...  we would be trading one first round pick in the 20s to move up to select Bosa with one pick..  we never would have had those two Chicago picks for Mack....    

2 for Mack

1 for Bosa and the cap relief.  

So 24th pick lands us #1? We also give up #4 pick. That's a top 5 pick and 20s pick for bosa. More than we got for mack who is better, proven and injury free going into year. 

Bad trade to me

8 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Watched Montgomery for the first time live. That dude is quick

And powerful. My initial comp for him was a cross between Kareem Hunt and Shady McCoy--he could be something special.

But, I also wouldn't mind punting (so to speak) on running back this time around and go with Martin and Richard for another year in favor of drafting other positions early. Depending on how free agency goes, I wouldn't mind going receiver back-to-back with the last first and second-round picks.

16 hours ago, roi34 said:

Yeah.. I don't want a guy in the first that barely gets to the qb. Taco was drated too high too. I said that when he was drafted years ago. Taco went late first i said i wouldn't take him before late second beginning 3rd. 

This is my opinion but I'm a Michigan fan. He will wind up being a decent run stopper in nfl and prob get 2-4 sacks a year. 

Hot take... he's played injured all season. And you shouldn't draft on stats. His impact is clear if you put on a Michigan game. As a Michigan fan, I'd expect you to see that. You sound salty. He's a late 1 and after the combine, likely moves up.

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hot take... he's played injured all season. And you shouldn't draft on stats. His impact is clear if you put on a Michigan game. As a Michigan fan, I'd expect you to see that. You sound salty. He's a late 1 and after the combine, likely moves up.

Salty nah.. he's solid just not someone id use a first on. How's taco worked out? I said same on him

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm honestly more impressed by Winovich than Gary on a play-to-play basis. I think Gary has a path to be a quality starter, but I'm not seeing an impact player. Right now, my pro comp is Shaq Lawson--who I was pretty high on when he was coming out.

Watched some more of Taylor Rapp, man I like this kid.  Solid all around and can play either FS or SS.  I'd love to take him with one of our later 1st round picks or 2nd rounder.  Would greatly help solidify our back end.  Not sure why he's not at least in discussion as the top safety.

Also, picking 4th or later kinda puts us in a tough bind.  I project Bosa, Williams and Allen gone...    Leaves Greedy, Ferrill and Oliver.  I think I'm leaning towards Oliver (assuming we are unable to trade out).  I know having Hurst, Oliver and Hall is overkill at the 3T, but we  really need difference makers.  I'm betting that one of the 3 would make a fine base end.  In fact, Oliver would be a terrific one...

8 hours ago, roi34 said:

So 24th pick lands us #1? We also give up #4 pick. That's a top 5 pick and 20s pick for bosa. More than we got for mack who is better, proven and injury free going into year. 

Bad trade to me

We got 2 1st picks we never would have had for Mack... we would have to give one late for Bosa... Plus one money to bosa... I’m not saying bosa is as good as Mack, but he is an elite edge rusher.... we would be basically using our first on Bosa plus one... 

So just did a Fanspeak draft and had to share.  This might be my all-time favorite mock simulator, SUPER unrealistic but still awesome...

1st:  DL: Ed Oliver (Bosa, Williams and Simmons went 1,2,3)

1st:  DE: Josh Allen (I know, I know, will never be here when draft season rolls around but I can say the same of every player from this point on on this list)

1st:  CB: Byron Murphy 

2nd:  S: Taylor Rapp

3rd: WR:Marquise Brown

4th: WR: Riley Ridley

5th: LB: Devin Bush

Only did 5 rounds, but there were several more linebackers that would have fallen in the 6th if it continued: Coney, Fisher,  Hodge and Burr-Kiven...

Honestly, I'd take each of my drafted players at least a slot up (Bush I'd take in the 2nd round and a lot of those 6 round linebackers in the 3/4th round).

-Brown and Ridley combo got me thinking.  The duo could possibly be had in the 2nd/3rd round, maybe not what Carr is looking for but would emulate the Rams style of play. Would be a MASSIVE improvement at WR for us.

Archived