2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

We got 2 1st picks we never would have had for Mack... we would have to give one late for Bosa... Plus one money to bosa... I’m not saying bosa is as good as Mack, but he is an elite edge rusher.... we would be basically using our first on Bosa plus one... 

I get what your saying. What i mean is.. mack was a top 5 pick, we got two late firsts for most likely plus we gave up a 2nd back. We already almost break even with that trade, money aside. To then trade another top 5 pick and late first for the #1 overall we would lose the mack trade. We'd get better value drafting two possible impact players on dline in first than a more sure pick in bosa. 

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

So just did a Fanspeak draft and had to share.  This might be my all-time favorite mock simulator, SUPER unrealistic but still awesome...

1st:  DL: Ed Oliver (Bosa, Williams and Simmons went 1,2,3)

1st:  DE: Josh Allen (I know, I know, will never be here when draft season rolls around but I can say the same of every player from this point on on this list)

1st:  CB: Byron Murphy 

2nd:  S: Taylor Rapp

3rd: WR:Marquise Brown

4th: WR: Riley Ridley

5th: LB: Devin Bush

Only did 5 rounds, but there were several more linebackers that would have fallen in the 6th if it continued: Coney, Fisher,  Hodge and Burr-Kiven...

Honestly, I'd take each of my drafted players at least a slot up (Bush I'd take in the 2nd round and a lot of those 6 round linebackers in the 3/4th round).

-Brown and Ridley combo got me thinking.  The duo could possibly be had in the 2nd/3rd round, maybe not what Carr is looking for but would emulate the Rams style of play. Would be a MASSIVE improvement at WR for us.

We don't need an elite receiver. Just guys who separate and run good routes. We do need a vertical/big play threat of some kind though. I either want a guy like brown, who has near elite deep speed, or a guy like Butler who can pluck balls out of the air downfield. I also have watched more of Ridley and really like him. He runs all the routes and has good hands. He reminds me of crabtree, but more speed and fresher legs.

Ridley, butler, jordy, and cook would be a big step up for carr next year. If we do take a shot on a receiver in the first though, I really want Metcalf. He is boom bust, but an absolute freak.

50 minutes ago, Totty said:

Tons of talent in this game.  Can't wait to see who the next Raider is. 

Q?

Wilson?

Thompson?

Anderson? 

Lots and lots to see.  I'm actually excited.

Williams is just blowing up the sooner line. Williams if available has to be the pick. 

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Bosa would be such a perfect pick for us. He's every bit the prospect that Garrett, Clowney, Joey, Mack, Mario Williams were. Gotta hope we lose this game and a team trades up for Haskins at 1 or ARZ goes Williams.

Only hope is they go tackle at 1

2 hours ago, Totty said:

I wouldn't be mad.  Hurst and Williams for the next ten... 🤷🏼‍♂️

It's time to stop the next ten quote when it comes to the nfl. If it ain't a qb. Nobody is safe for ten years. Maybe ten months or ten games. 

Hey doesn’t anyone think is possible for the Raiders staff to coach the senior bowl? I know it’s usually the bottom 2 teams but after this week only the Raiders and niners are going to have a coaching staff. I just wanted to get some thoughts. 

Archived