2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

We need to draft a LB. Darius Leonard and Vander Esch are great examples of the type of impact a LB can have on a defense and team. Cowboys and Colts in the playoffs. Should definitely grab a couple this draft.  One in the first two rounds for sure.

28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We need to draft a LB. Darius Leonard and Vander Esch are great examples of the type of impact a LB can have on a defense and team. Cowboys and Colts in the playoffs. Should definitely grab a couple this draft.  One in the first two rounds for sure.

We suck. Very. Few teams should have this mindset. Definitely not us; we need to pick the best player. LAST YEar for example the best player in my mind was Derwin James. But we probably didn’t pick him because we had so many high picks invested at Safety. And we reached for a OT in Miller because it fit a greater need. 

Luckily for us we suck at just about every position. So picking BPA should be easy.

this year I’m eyeing Josh Allen. He’s number 2 on my big board after Bosa IMO. 

21 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

We suck. Very. Few teams should have this mindset. Definitely not us; we need to pick the best player. LAST YEar for example the best player in my mind was Derwin James. But we probably didn’t pick him because we had so many high picks invested at Safety. And we reached for a OT in Miller because it fit a greater need. 

Luckily for us we suck at just about every position. So picking BPA should be easy.

this year I’m eyeing Josh Allen. He’s number 2 on my big board after Bosa IMO. 

I'm in the minority with Allen and am kind of worried he might not translate well. He really only has a rip move and stutter step that he does. Most of his sacks came from pure speed and going unblocked. I don't think that will happen often at the NFL level. Hopefully I'm wrong. He's definitely fast around the edge. We'll see. Maybe that'll be enough to get the QB.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

No way Devin White falls to the 20’s. He’s probably going around 7-9 range. 

I am sure even though LBs fall sometimes we would still need to move up 5-10 spots.  I think his sometimes stupid play might make him drop a little but probably not falling past 15 unless he scores a 4 on the wonderlic or tries to fight a doctor like Foster.  If Bosa Williams and Allen go 123 then I would be alright trading down and drafting him if Mayock and Gruden get good compensation.  Giants, Jags, and Miami all look like good trading partners for the first QB off of the board.  If I was Cards, 49ers, or Jets there is almost no reason to trade out and the cost is probably to high.  We might be in the sweet spot to pick up a 2nd or future first.  We could trade down and grab Greedy Williams, Oliver, Jonah Williams, or White.  The extra 2nd could get us a really good player also.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Give me White and Wilson.  The rest would be gravy to me.   Been so frustrated watching this team ignore LBer for over a decade.

Jonah at 3 or a very small trade down of 3 spots for White is our best value IMO. 

We selected Kolton last year when we should of selected James. Are we gonna make the same mistake this year? Pass up what should be the BPA cause we drafted one last year? We still need an OT to put around Carr, Parker is terrible. 

46 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm in the minority with Allen and am kind of worried he might not translate well. He really only has a rip move and stutter step that he does. Most of his sacks came from pure speed and going unblocked. I don't think that will happen often at the NFL level. Hopefully I'm wrong. He's definitely fast around the edge. We'll see. Maybe that'll be enough to get the QB.

I'm all in on this take. Allen to me wins with athleticism and not technique. Which is fine, because you can teach and learn technique, but at 4 overall I prefer someone out of the box who can make a difference. You can't win with speed alone on the next level. Technique has to be there, which is why Bosa is so far ahead in this class. 

Saw a recent comparison for Allen to Bruce Irvin and I can't unsee it now. Similar players. Can rush the passer, can cover, athletic but not polished technique wise. Allen looks like a secondary pass rusher to me. 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm all in on this take. Allen to me wins with athleticism and not technique. Which is fine, because you can teach and learn technique, but at 4 overall I prefer someone out of the box who can make a difference. You can't win with speed alone on the next level. Technique has to be there, which is why Bosa is so far ahead in this class. 

Saw a recent comparison for Allen to Bruce Irvin and I can't unsee it now. Similar players. Can rush the passer, can cover, athletic but not polished technique wise. Allen looks like a secondary pass rusher to me. 

Agreed, Allen scares the heck out of me. We need prospects that are almost as sure as it gets.

Archived