Who are your top 10 WR's in the league right now and what would you rate them 1--100

mdonnelly21

Let's assume that you had to rated each player 1-100. 

100 being the peak season of whoever the most dominant WR season you have seen is. And a 50 basically being the lowest. The reason I'm doing doing 1-50 is because this to me gives me more of a grading scale type of look.

This is not like Madden Ratings because I'm less worried about athletic ability and more about skill/talent/ability/production/Consistency  

The greatest season I have seen is Calvin Johnsons peak year at a 100, based on that....

#1. Antonio Brown - 97

#2. Julio Jones - 94

#3. DeAndre Hopkins - 93

#4. Odell Beckham - 92

#5. A.J Green - 91

#6. Michael Thomas - 89 

#7. Keenan Allen - 89

#8. Mike Evans - 88

#9. T.Y Hilton - 88

#10. Tyreek Hill - 87

H/M Doug Baldwin - 87

If 100 is the absolute best, like mid-80s/90s Jerry Rice or 2007 Randy Moss, and 50 is the lowest I'd give the following ratings for the current crop:  

90: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones

88: DeAndre Hopkins

86: AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr

82: Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans

79: Davante Adams, Larry Fitzgerald

Quite a bit lower than yours but on an all-time scale of 50-100 I feel that these are more than fair. I find it really hard with the receivers in the 8-16 range as the ones chosen could easily be substituted for either those mentioned by you, or others like Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry or even Josh Gordon if we're being a bit cheeky and projecting future production if he's able to keep his head out of his a**. 

EDIT: I must confess I didn't really get your reasoning behind the scale but decided to just go with a 50-100 scale, as weird as I find it. 

On 9/2/2018 at 12:10 AM, mdonnelly21 said:

The greatest season I have seen is Calvin Johnsons peak year at a 100, based on that....

He didn't even have the best season during his career.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch%                            
2007*+ 30 NWE WR 81 16 16 160 98 1493 15.2 23 65 6.1 93.3 61.3%

Randy Moss

7 hours ago, Danger said:

He didn't even have the best season during his career.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch%                            
2007*+ 30 NWE WR 81 16 16 160 98 1493 15.2 23 65 6.1 93.3 61.3%

Randy Moss

I think they were pretty close. Moss also had Tom Brady throwing to him, with Wes Welker and running backs catching underneath routes opening up the over the top. 

They are awfully close though you're probably right, I might give the slight edge to Moss. 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

I'm kind of surprised to see that large of a gap between Odell and Hopkins. 

As of right this moment, I think they are as close as it gets in terms of their total impact. 

From the votes so far, they seem pretty equal though with some having Hopkins ahead and others favoring Beckham. I'm more surprised about the high scores, with several people apparently thinking that the current crop of wide receivers are just a smidge below the all-time great seasons of an 87 or 94 Rice or 07 Moss - which I simply don't agree with.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, evilflamingo said:

If 100 is the absolute best, like mid-80s/90s Jerry Rice or 2007 Randy Moss, and 50 is the lowest I'd give the following ratings for the current crop:  

90: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones

88: DeAndre Hopkins

86: AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr

82: Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans

79: Davante Adams, Larry Fitzgerald

Quite a bit lower than yours but on an all-time scale of 50-100 I feel that these are more than fair. I find it really hard with the receivers in the 8-16 range as the ones chosen could easily be substituted for either those mentioned by you, or others like Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry or even Josh Gordon if we're being a bit cheeky and projecting future production if he's able to keep his head out of his a**. 

EDIT: I must confess I didn't really get your reasoning behind the scale but decided to just go with a 50-100 scale, as weird as I find it

I don't like the thought of rating someone up to 50. 

I like it look more like a grading scale. Like an A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-....ect 

Almost like if Madden was to be rated in real life, based on more tangible things like production, and what have you done for me lately....ect

It's hard not to put Brown as the #1 guy because of his insane production.  So assuming he's the default #1, I really think the next best receiver in the league is Odell Beckham Jr.  The guy is simply dynamic and he's almost as flawless as it gets at the position.  Great route runner, very quick and agile, fast, amazing hands, and can high point the ball.  Yesterday, I routinely watched Beckham Jr. get opened vs arguably the best defense in the league when that defense gameplanned to stop him.  There was one point where he beat his CB and safety clean and was wide open for a TD, but Eli Manning threw the ball out of the back of the end zone.

21 hours ago, showtime said:

It's hard not to put Brown as the #1 guy because of his insane production.  So assuming he's the default #1, I really think the next best receiver in the league is Odell Beckham Jr.  The guy is simply dynamic and he's almost as flawless as it gets at the position.  Great route runner, very quick and agile, fast, amazing hands, and can high point the ball.  Yesterday, I routinely watched Beckham Jr. get opened vs arguably the best defense in the league when that defense gameplanned to stop him.  There was one point where he beat his CB and safety clean and was wide open for a TD, but Eli Manning threw the ball out of the back of the end zone.

Odell Beckham could have had 2 TD's if Eli hadn't overthrown him. I think Jags Corners are Overrated. 

Archived