WHAT IS YOUR BIG CONCERN GOING INTO THE 2018 SEASON?

doumeyer

Im sorry but when has Winters ever even been average. We like to act like hes good, hes never been good, lets stop pretending. I would replace him and carpenter in a heartbeat. Both graded out very poorly last year and Winters graded out poorly the year before. We need guards terribly. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

The pash rush is my biggest concern. With our current team, I don’t see us getting consistent pressure on the QB.

Im not too worried about our starting OL with pass protection. McCown did fine with the OL last year. This year, we are better at center and Darnold is more mobile than McCown . 

I am worried about our running game. We didn’t get much push up front during preseason. 

Just about every time Powell took the handoff he was hit in the backfield, thanks to the O Line. We do have two real good runners in Powell & Crowell and Mc Guire, has speed to turn the corner. If we are going to have a running game it is all up to how the O Line plays.

30 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just about every time Powell took the handoff he was hit in the backfield, thanks to the O Line. We do have two real good runners in Powell & Crowell and Mc Guire, has speed to turn the corner. If we are going to have a running game it is all up to how the O Line plays.

Yup. That’s where I think the OL is a liability. I think they’ll be fine protecting Darnold. At worse we can also scheme quick passes.

The running game though. I think it’ll hold our offense back. And like you said, we have good running backs. Just that you can’t  get going if you get hit behind the LOS. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Im sorry but when has Winters ever even been average. We like to act like hes good, hes never been good, lets stop pretending. I would replace him and carpenter in a heartbeat. Both graded out very poorly last year and Winters graded out poorly the year before. We need guards terribly. 

You just contracted yourself in the same post. I for one have never called him good. I’ve called him average in healthy years. But you just in the same post just said when has he ever been average, yet say people say he’s good. Most of us ok with him have never called him more than average when healthy.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You just contracted yourself in the same post. I for one have never called him good. I’ve called him average in healthy years. But you just in the same post just said when has he ever been average, yet say people say he’s good. Most of us ok with him have never called him more than average when healthy.

Im saying WE as in this forum, not myself personally, probably worded that wrong. I hope we see at least 2-3 new bodies on that line next year. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are missing a spot we are weak on and that is special teams. If we sign Bailey today after his work out that bump us up a few. I hate Myers as our kicker. He is going to cost us some games, 

ABSOLUTELY, I mentioned that when are started this topic. They looked real bad from the punting team to the coverage team, And I saw very little from the return team. You are 100% right they could cost us some games.

Archived