Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

42 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Well... I went with Baldwin lol.  That's the way FF works I guess.  I'm just glad I have Sanders on my team, makes the decision next week easier haha

This early on in the season, it also depends on how you feel about the players as well. IE, I am bullish on Sanders this season heading into the draft, so I'm more predisposed to be willing to start him. But if I wasn't as bullish on Sanders as I am, or as conservative as I am about injuries, I would have went Baldwin. So it really does depend on how you are as a player as well. Sometimes, just a matter of luck.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sorry bro. I started him too.......

I have 5 teams and I will probably go 0-5 when all is said and done

Maybe not listen to me from now on haha

Yea i didnt have the best week but some of it was just tough luck. Hogan did nothing, Baldwin literally did nothing. Just gotta hope it all settles out. My big league I'm toast but the other 2 are close

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Rank these 5 options this week PPR

Marquise Goodwin vs DET (assuming health)

Jamison Crowder vs IND

Chris Hogan vs JAX

Keelan Cole vs NE

Mike Williams vs BUF 

Goodwin (if fully healthy, but that means he's a full practice at least once this week, preferably twice)

Williams (but he's legitimately boom or bust and if the Chargers defense does what they should do - but probably won't - to Josh Allen, there's a real chance this game turns into the Melvin Gordon and dink-and-dunk to Keenan Allen show)

Cole (volume play)

Crowder (volume, I suppose because isn't Washington down to three healthy WR's; but as long as Jordan Reed is healthy, he's likely to be Alex Smith's primary target)

Hogan

So, I'm very likely benching Fitz on the road against the Rams (combination of things, Fitz's home/road splits are real, Sam Bradford, and Fitz producing is largely dependent on him being operated from slot most of the game and Wade being late on shifting Talib there to cover him).

My other options (1/2pt PPR format) are:

Nelson Agholor @ TB or Brandon Marshall @ CHI

Currently I'm leaning, believe it or not, Marshall who is likely to jump up to 70% of snaps (from last week's 56.6%) with Doug Baldwin's injury and has the clearly better QB even though he'll for sure be under duress all game.

Agholor's the floor play (he'll get receptions, but will he actually do anything with them?  I just have trouble trusting Foles), but I really feel strongly that this is Ertz's rebound week and that he rebounds HARD.

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

So, I'm very likely benching Fitz on the road against the Rams (combination of things, Fitz's home/road splits are real, Sam Bradford, and Fitz producing is largely dependent on him being operated from slot most of the game and Wade being late on shifting Talib there to cover him).

My other options (1/2pt PPR format) are:

Nelson Agholor @ TB or Brandon Marshall @ CHI

Currently I'm leaning, believe it or not, Marshall who is likely to jump up to 70% of snaps (from last week's 56.6%) with Doug Baldwin's injury and has the clearly better QB even though he'll for sure be under duress all game.

Agholor's the floor play (he'll get receptions, but will he actually do anything with them?  I just have trouble trusting Foles), but I really feel strongly that this is Ertz's rebound week and that he rebounds HARD.

I'm in a similar boat. I have Fitz and AJ Green with less than ideal matchups and I think I'm going to bench them both. 

In a half PPR, I'd probably go with Marshall. If it were full, I'd probably go Agholor. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm in a similar boat. I have Fitz and AJ Green with less than ideal matchups and I think I'm going to bench them both. 

In a half PPR, I'd probably go with Marshall. If it were full, I'd probably go Agholor. 

Isn't Jimmy Smith still out?  I wouldn't shy as much away from Green as Fitz.  Green should still get his.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Isn't Jimmy Smith still out?  I wouldn't shy as much away from Green as Fitz.  Green should still get his.

I'm a pretty ardent "sit almost anyone playing on thursday night" guy tbh. sometimes it works, sometimes not, but honestly, I've had a lot more success than failure with it. Sometimes it's unavoidable, though, and it may be in this situation as well (my top 3 wide receivers all have crummy situations if you assume Cooks will be matched up on Peterson and I think it would be absolutely bonkers to sit my top 3 wide receivers). This early in the season, I put more faith in a defense than I do in the offense, short week, etc etc. The one nice thing is that they are playing at home and only traveling from Indy, so that is nice. LIS, I may not have much of a choice in this situation, but I'm debating it. May have him play and just hope that they force feed him the football and the run game struggles. 

5 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

who would be the more solid play at TE this week? Eric ebron or Ian Thomas?

I'd probably bypass both and go with Ben Watson. 

Ebron had the nice game, but he was also only on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps. He's very clear the TE2 on that team (Doyle had 93% snap count). I'm not trusting that offense to keep 2 tight ends viable week in and week out. 

Thomas isn't someone I'm going to particularly trust right now, especially in an offense that I'm not in love with. 

I'd probably have Ben Watson over both, and he should be available on the wire. Ricky Seals Jones is another guy I'd look at over both of those guys, particularly if Gresham remains out. I think teams are going to really struggle throwing to wide receivers against the rams, so I expect more receptions to be funneled out through the tight end and running backs similar to what the Raiders did in week one. 

Archived