Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What are you all feeling the deal is Fournette this week. Ive heard lots of people on both sides here. 

Soft tissue injuries are brutal on fantasy. Even if he goes, there's always a possibility that he tweaks it and ends up leaving the game early, which is by far worse than if he's just ruled out for the game. I don't want to trust him unless i have to. My opponent in my main money league has him this week and he has him on the bench for Chris Thompson, which actually makes sense to me (the fact that it's full ppr helps that decision I have no doubt). Obviously, that's not always an option to have three legit running backs, but if you do, I'd tend to shy away from Fournette this week even if he plays just to be cautious. 

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

who are you guys feeling? tyler lockett or kenny golloday? Both seem to be primed for targets.

Really tough call here. I'm starting Golladay in one of my leagues, but I don't love it (debating on sitting him for Pettis), but I like the matchup and what may happen in it (I think it could be a shootout). I like Lockett's role in the Seattle offense as essentially wr1/2, but I don't love the matchup as much and he only managed 4 targets on Wilson's 33 pass attempts last week. That's a less than ideal percentage to me. Now, part of that could have been match up based, but if that's the case, then I don't think the bears are going to offer a significant improvement in that regard as they also have a couple of very solid cornerbacks. I think I lean Golladay here, but I get the Lockett play for sure. 

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Hamstrings are tricky and tend to linger.  They're the sort of thing that a guy can/will say all week that he's good to go and then during pre-game warmups it tightens up or just doesn't feel right.  My suggestion is that if you own Fournette, put him in your FLEX and have someone prepared to fill that position if he gets ruled out right before the game.

If he doesn't play and Yeldon gets the nod, I do expect there to be a good amount more Corey Grant than we would normally see if Fournette was the starter.

I own Fournette in 2 leagues. He is currently on my bench in both leagues

I league I have Yeldon in his place in one of the leagues.

What I am afraid of is that he plays but not really well and just destroys the value of both him and Yeldon.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Really tough call here. I'm starting Golladay in one of my leagues, but I don't love it (debating on sitting him for Pettis), but I like the matchup and what may happen in it (I think it could be a shootout). I like Lockett's role in the Seattle offense as essentially wr1/2, but I don't love the matchup as much and he only managed 4 targets on Wilson's 33 pass attempts last week. That's a less than ideal percentage to me. Now, part of that could have been match up based, but if that's the case, then I don't think the bears are going to offer a significant improvement in that regard as they also have a couple of very solid cornerbacks. I think I lean Golladay here, but I get the Lockett play for sure. 

well whatever happens the person i start will probably get injured in the first quarter anyways haha.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

With Josh Gordon being cut should I cut him for Chris Hogan? Also Cole, Pettis is available. Or should I wait to see who Josh signs. 

You're probably the only case where I'd tell you to go ahead and drop him, because Hogan (on the season) is probably higher than most of what other people are seeing on the waiver wire.

There's talk now that the Browns are at least going to try and trade Gordon (it would clearly be on the cheap for a conditional pick), so I'd say it's probably wise to hold him through this weekend to see if/where he does end up.  If he somehow manages to hook up with a quality QB he can still be a valuable fantasy asset - just probably not much past this season.

26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You're probably the only case where I'd tell you to go ahead and drop him, because Hogan (on the season) is probably higher than most of what other people are seeing on the waiver wire.

There's talk now that the Browns are at least going to try and trade Gordon (it would clearly be on the cheap for a conditional pick), so I'd say it's probably wise to hold him through this weekend to see if/where he does end up.  If he somehow manages to hook up with a quality QB he can still be a valuable fantasy asset - just probably not much past this season.

Thank you sir! I cut Gordon for Hogan. Crazy someone cut him.

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

With Josh Gordon being cut should I cut him for Chris Hogan? Also Cole, Pettis is available. Or should I wait to see who Josh signs. 

Why was Chris Hogan out there? You are very fortunate to snag him.

Im dropping Gordon regaurdless. I have 0 faith in him.at this point

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Thank you sir! I cut Gordon for Hogan. Crazy someone cut him.

Yeah, I wouldn't advocate starting Hogan this week unless you absolutely have to, but go look at his next slate of 5+ opponents after this week.  Plus, once Edelman returns from suspension, Hogan returns to his regular role in the offense, so as long as he stays healthy he should put up at least low-tier WR2 stats on the season.  Keep an eye out in Week 14 though, if Brady starts the fantasy playoffs cold like he did last year, I'd back off any of his non-RB, non-Gronk receiving options.

Archived