Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

Need to pick one of the following as my WR2 (my other WR is Davante Adams): 

0.5 PPR

Marquise Goodwin @MIN

Emmanuel Sanders vs. SEA

Keelan Cole @NYG

I've got Sanders in there right now - especially if Goodwin lines up against Rhodes, I don't love that matchup, and I need to get a sense of how much work Cole will get before fully buying into the hype. Sanders seems like the safest Week 1 option - thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

PPR Tevin Coleman or Tarik Cohen as my flex?

Assuming you don't get any points for return yards...I think I'm leaning Coleman here. But it really depends what you think you need out of your flex spot. Tevin is definitely the saver play, he'll get somewhere between 8-12 touches tonight. Cohen is kind of a wildcard, I have no idea how he's going to be used in Nagy's offense and all the talk out of Bears camp is how they think Howard will be an every down RB. 

I wanna see Cohen's role before I start plugging him into my lineup. 

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Carlos Hyde or Jamaal Williams? 1 pt ppr...

Probably going with Conner if you have him. I have Conner firmly planted in rb2 territory for this week. I think he's going to get the majority of snaps in this game. Hyde and Williams are more or less flex plays for me. 

2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Another one. 

Am I getting too cute here with pondering starting Jordan Reed this week instead of Ertz?  

Yes, you are. Leave Ertz be. Last I checked, Alshon is out. Mack Hollins is out. Someone is going to be catching passes in week one, and that's going to be Ertz and Algholor. Plus, Ertz is still one of the best tight ends in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Need to pick one of the following as my WR2 (my other WR is Davante Adams): 

0.5 PPR

Marquise Goodwin @MIN

Emmanuel Sanders vs. SEA

Keelan Cole @NYG

I've got Sanders in there right now - especially if Goodwin lines up against Rhodes, I don't love that matchup, and I need to get a sense of how much work Cole will get before fully buying into the hype. Sanders seems like the safest Week 1 option - thoughts? 

I'm bullish on Sanders this  year - I love the fact that they are incorporating him in the slot as I think that's an area he will excel. 

Goodwin I'm bullish on as well, but I'd sit him this week. Not an ideal matchup. Rhodes probably won't shadow him, but he'll be on him some of the time (I'm assuming that Rhodes will stick to one side and Goodwin will be moved around a little). I don't like the  defensive matchup anywhere for the niners in this game, so I'm avoiding deploying any 49ers at the current point in time. 

Cole I think could be in for a big year, but may just want to hold off and see what kind of usage he gets in that receiving corps. I think he'll be the de facto #1 in that wr corps, but you never know. 

So I'd stick with Sanders. 

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

PPR Tevin Coleman or Tarik Cohen as my flex?

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Assuming you don't get any points for return yards...I think I'm leaning Coleman here. But it really depends what you think you need out of your flex spot. Tevin is definitely the saver play, he'll get somewhere between 8-12 touches tonight. Cohen is kind of a wildcard, I have no idea how he's going to be used in Nagy's offense and all the talk out of Bears camp is how they think Howard will be an every down RB. 

I wanna see Cohen's role before I start plugging him into my lineup. 

I'm actually dealing with the same dilemma of picking between Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen in PPR. I read on Rotoworld (FWIW lol) during the offseason that Nagy was "giddy" over Cohen's skillset and plans to use him as a slash player all over the field. So I'm leaning towards starting Cohen, espcially bc Packers defense isn't great and they could be playing from behind. Whereas Eagles defense is good, so I'm benching Coleman. 

It's a tough choice though for sure.

46 minutes ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I'm actually dealing with the same dilemma of picking between Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen in PPR. I read on Rotoworld (FWIW lol) during the offseason that Nagy was "giddy" over Cohen's skillset and plans to use him as a slash player all over the field. So I'm leaning towards starting Cohen, espcially bc Packers defense isn't great and they could be playing from behind. Whereas Eagles defense is good, so I'm benching Coleman. 

It's a tough choice though for sure.

Yeah I think I'm going to switch back to Cohen.  As a Packers fan I have a little bias because I've seen us get torched by fast pass catching backs in the past.  I just have visions of Cohen taking a screen for a 30 yard TD.  

Archived