Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

15 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know, man, Wagner and Wright can still get after it and have that defense at least still somewhat competent against the run. Plus, if Keenum is a pumpkin, they can stack the box a little more effectively. I don't see Seattle as much worse than middle of the road against the run, which is probably about where I see the Cleveland defense. But then Pitt has one of the best offensive lines in football, and you certainly can't stack the box against them. The question may end up being one of usage for Connor, but in a matchup battle, I think I have to go with Connor. 

KJ Wright is not playing this week. I don't think seattle will be able to stack the box because sanders will be shredding them this week on the outside. 

Wagner is going to need to get 20 tackles every week (as someone who owns him as a DPI)

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

KJ Wright is not playing this week. I don't think seattle will be able to stack the box because sanders will be shredding them this week on the outside. 

Wagner is going to need to get 20 tackles every week (as someone who owns him as a DPI)

Did not know that about wright. Yeah, that will hurt. 

Still think I lean Connor though. And didn't Denver move Sanders to the slot? 

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

didn't Denver move Sanders to the slot? 

Im sure that Denver fans will have more insight, but I remember Sanders being moved around in the preseason game I saw. He made a few catches along the sidelines. It looked like he will be their number 1 guy for sure regardless of where he lines up. I am not sure who on seattle will be able to stick with him, hes slippery. 

Jimmy G vs Vikings or Mahomes vs Chargers. Both good defenses. Jimmy G has more experience  but could see Mahomes getting some rushing points. Probably going Jimmy G though for the experience factor and I could see Vikings defense regressing a bit while Chargers may be even better and their pass rush could be a lot of trouble for a guy in his first meaningful action.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Patrick Mahomes @ Chargers or Alex Smith @ Cardinals

I like Smith, personally, though I wouldn't expect a ton of points. I just feel he has a somewhat safe floor. The Cardinals defense is stout, but not elite. The matchup isn't great, but not so bad (like Jimmy g's matchup) that I'd risk mahomes yet. The chiefs could absolutely go off, so mahomes had the far superior upside and potential, but I just can't trust him yet.

7 hours ago, LA Niner Fan said:

Jimmy G vs Vikings or Mahomes vs Chargers. Both good defenses. Jimmy G has more experience  but could see Mahomes getting some rushing points. Probably going Jimmy G though for the experience factor and I could see Vikings defense regressing a bit while Chargers may be even better and their pass rush could be a lot of trouble for a guy in his first meaningful action.

I'd actually go mahomes here. I don't love the niners against the Vikings at all. I'm basically sitting all niners. The Vikings matchup is bad enough where I'd go with the upside play of mahomes, and the fact that Bosa is out will only help

10 hours ago, 101Raider said:

0.5PPR

pick one:

Chris Thompson

Josh Gordon

Doug Baldwin

Emmanuel Sanders

overthinking not playing Baldwin hobbled against a tough Denver defense?

I’m leaning Sanders if that matters

I think the answer is definitely Baldwin or Sanders. Supposedly Baldwin is okay (or at least good enough to play), but I get it if  you want to hold off until you see him in action. I think Sanders had a pretty okay floor for like 8 points, especially if they keep utilizing him in the slot. 

In week one, I tend to play conservatively with injuries and questions so if I like the rest of my team in my matchup, I'll probably go with Sanders just to keep up the floor

13 hours ago, 101Raider said:

0.5PPR

pick one:

Chris Thompson

Josh Gordon

Doug Baldwin

Emmanuel Sanders

Baldwin is a must start every week until he shows you otherwise. 

15 hours ago, 101Raider said:

0.5PPR

pick one:

Chris Thompson

Josh Gordon

Doug Baldwin

Emmanuel Sanders

If Baldwin is playing and since he has been fully practicing I think you treat him as if he's good to go. Baldwin is Russell's go-to guy and he lost 2 other targets from 2017, Id go Baldwin

19 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Jack Doyle or Evan Engram?

Don't really like either option this week, but I'd play Engram just because he's got the better TD upside.  My gut is that Ebron is more the red-zone threat in Indy than Doyle is, so unless you're in full-point PPR where Doyle could get you some points for catches between the 20's while Indy are chasing the game, I don't see the upside in Doyle.

The forecast of rain (and the current weather in the Penn State/Pitt game right now in Pittsburgh) has me feeling better about benching Burkhead for Conner in my WR/RB flex spot in one of my leagues.  (I won't be surprised if Burkhead gets a touches and score tomorrow, but Houston's defense is still pretty damn legit against the run).  And the weather doesn't sway me on trotting out Josh Gordon over Kelvin Benjamin or Marquise Goodwin in my WR/TE flex spot because when I hear coaches say "pitch count" with a WR like Gordon, that reads to me that they're going to keep the reps they do use him in the areas where he's most effective - i.e. red-zone.

The bigger question I'm dealing with is, in a 1/2-pt PPR league, whether to trot out Marshawn (who isn't on the injury report but has been limited with a groin issue this week) who should still get ample touches but is drawing a tough Rams defense on MNF or toss in a volume-likely/production-questionable candidate like Kelvin Benjamin against a Jimmy Smith-less Ravens (with Peterman throwing him the ball) or Jamison Crowder against the Cardinals (where he's pretty likely not the one who is going to get the PP treatment)?  Opinions welcome.

Archived