Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So if there is rain in Pittsburgh? Would benching Juju for Kupp be a smart move. Considering Juju is the big play guy, I’d assume throwing bombs in rain is tough

I’m having the same dilemma just a different player. Tennessee plays Miami in the rain tomorrow so the question is...

Davis @ MIA

Jones Jr. vs NYJ

Goodwin @ MIN

I currently have Davis set to start but not so sure with the rain. PPR scoring (smh).

And I agree with LBC, I’d start Kupp as well. LA’s offense is great and he’ll have his opportunities. Also, who knows wth Grudens doing out there in Oakland

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I’m having the same dilemma just a different player. Tennessee plays Miami in the rain tomorrow so the question is...

Davis @ MIA

Jones Jr. vs NYJ

Goodwin @ MIN

I currently have Davis set to start but not so sure with the rain. PPR scoring (smh).

I think Jones is the safest play. 

5 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

Golden Tate or Carlos Hyde? I'm torn, its standard

This week I would probably go Hyde. Browns are going to be playing keep away. I saw the Steelers defense crumble and get man handled against the run last year at the end of the year. I don't expect that to change at all. 

Hyde should have a nice game and 15-20 touches.

For the record, it's less the rain and more the 17-21 MPH winds with gusts reaching 40 MPH that are the bigger concerns for the passing game fantasy guys.

Heavy target guys: Basically AB and Jarvis Landry; you've basically got to knuckle under and play because you don't bench your stars.  But if they're not likely to normally see a lot of short-range targets to begin with, beach ball sized grain of salt and all.

5 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Jimmy G or Big Ben?

I was leaning towards Ben but theres a 100% chance of rain

Niners probably won't be able to run the ball early and force Kyle to call a lot of passing plays. The volume of passes will push that one in JIMMY'S favor 

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

For the record, it's less the rain and more the 17-21 MPH winds with gusts reaching 40 MPH that are the bigger concerns for the passing game fantasy guys.

Heavy target guys: Basically AB and Jarvis Landry; you've basically got to knuckle under and play because you don't bench your stars.  But if they're not likely to normally see a lot of short-range targets to begin with, beach ball sized grain of salt and all.

That is great info. Do you have a specific site that shows weather predictions for each game? That would be a good resource

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Niners probably won't be able to run the ball early and force Kyle to call a lot of passing plays. The volume of passes will push that one in JIMMY'S favor 

Yeah, this is another case similar to the Engram/Doyle question earlier.  I don't like either this week really, but forced to pick I'll take Jimmy because he's at least in a dome with a likely need to throw a decent amount... and not dealing with 17-40 MPH winds.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

That is great info. Do you have a specific site that shows weather predictions for each game? That would be a good resource

This particular info I got from a tweet from Brad Evans (so I trust it).  There are services on Twitter that put out weather info for games, but at least one of them is trying to downplay it - even though they're still listing the same numbers for the windspeed.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, this is another case similar to the Engram/Doyle question earlier.  I don't like either this week really, but forced to pick I'll take Jimmy because he's at least in a dome with a likely need to throw a decent amount... and not dealing with 17-40 MPH winds.

Oh and ya know, he's going to be the MVP this year

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Davis @ MIA

Jones Jr. vs NYJ

Goodwin @ MIN

And I agree with LBC, I’d start Kupp as well. LA’s offense is great and he’ll have his opportunities. Also, who knows wth Grudens doing out there in Oakland

I'd go with Jones even if there wasn't rain. I think Tennessee runs all over Miami

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd go with Jones even if there wasn't rain. I think Tennessee runs all over Miami

This comment has me wondering if I should flex Dion Lewis over Allen Robinson.  It’s PPR and I’m not sure if I should play it safe this week and at least see Robinson play a game before inserting him in my lineup. 

Archived