Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

Half-ppr I fell solid with most of my lineup:

QB- Goff v PHI

RB- Elliot v IND

RB- Chubb v DEN

WR- Edelman v PIT

WR- D. Adams v CHI (tough matchup, but gotta go with the playmakers)

WR- ?

TE- Cook v CIN

Flex- Lindsay v CLE

K- Fairbairn v NYJ

DEF- Bears v GB

I am having trouble with that last WR spot though. I have Enunwa (not likely to do much) v HOU, M Goodwin v SEA, L Fitzgerald v ATL, Humphries v BAL and Pettis v SEA. I am kind of split on Fitz and Humphries at the moment, leaning toward Fitz due to matchup, anyone have a suggestion here though (J Crowder available as FA at the moment)?

(additionally have J Adams v LA, N Hines v DAL, J Howard v GB, K Johnson v BUF and J Wilson v SEA on the bench at RB, but I think my RB situation is pretty clear at the moment.)

26 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I am having trouble with that last WR spot though. I have Enunwa (not likely to do much) v HOU, M Goodwin v SEA, L Fitzgerald v ATL, Humphries v BAL and Pettis v SEA. I am kind of split on Fitz and Humphries at the moment, leaning toward Fitz due to matchup, anyone have a suggestion here though (J Crowder available as FA at the moment)?

When I saw the players, this was my exact thought, so you and I are in lock step. I'd lean toward Humphries and Fitz, with Fitz getting the nod due to the matchup. 

Debating Lamar or Mariota this week. I can only keep one on the roster, and I assume that the guy who just lost Wentz (and is in the playoffs still) will pick up the other. Jackson would be the no brainer play, but I'm actually concerned about this ridiculous thought of playing both presented by Harbaugh. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Debating Lamar or Mariota this week. I can only keep one on the roster, and I assume that the guy who just lost Wentz (and is in the playoffs still) will pick up the other. Jackson would be the no brainer play, but I'm actually concerned about this ridiculous thought of playing both presented by Harbaugh. 

If just for this week, I would lean Jackson. TB and NYG both have pretty bad pass D, but TB is just terrible (unless that changed recently). If you have to worry about next week at all with this decision, go Mariota due to matchups again.

4 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

If just for this week, I would lean Jackson. TB and NYG both have pretty bad pass D, but TB is just terrible (unless that changed recently). If you have to worry about next week at all with this decision, go Mariota due to matchups again.

Yeah, I think I'm good next week with Trubs and Baker. Just don't want to start Baker against Denver. 

15 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Actually thinking about Josh Allen over Jared Goff 

I don't think I can do it. Not at home against a depleted eagles defense. It's too good of a matchup. I wouldn't be opposed to this move if Goff was playing chicago or dallas or even baltimore, but honestly, there's no reason he should struggle in this game. 

Typically, my baseline for a move is, "if it doesn't work out, will I feel stupid the next day". Playing Allen against the Lions wouldn't make me feel stupid if Goff was at Chicago or Baltimore and happened to go off, playing Allen over Goff in this matchup would make me feel stupid if Goff went off. Where as in neither scenario if I sat Allen and he went off would I feel stupid (just because of that offense and the inconsistency) 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think I can do it. Not at home against a depleted eagles defense. It's too good of a matchup. I wouldn't be opposed to this move if Goff was playing chicago or dallas or even baltimore, but honestly, there's no reason he should struggle in this game. 

Typically, my baseline for a move is, "if it doesn't work out, will I feel stupid the next day". Playing Allen against the Lions wouldn't make me feel stupid if Goff was at Chicago or Baltimore and happened to go off, playing Allen over Goff in this matchup would make me feel stupid if Goff went off. Where as in neither scenario if I sat Allen and he went off would I feel stupid (just because of that offense and the inconsistency) 

Idk man, Goff looked pretty bad vs the Lions a few weeks ago and the Lions are pretty garbage. 

Goff just hasn’t looked the same since Kupp went down. 

Side question, What’s your thoughts on Damien Williams this week? If Spencer Ware is out, is he an RB2? or a Flex? 

36 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Idk man, Goff looked pretty bad vs the Lions a few weeks ago and the Lions are pretty garbage. 

Goff just hasn’t looked the same since Kupp went down. 

Side question, What’s your thoughts on Damien Williams this week? If Spencer Ware is out, is he an RB2? or a Flex? 

That game was also on the road. Right now, I'm more inclined to think that is the bigger issue with Goff than the Kupp thing. Goff without Kupp:

• Wk 6 - on the road @ Den (this was the first game Kupp) - 14/28, 201, 0/1
  • WK 7 - On the road at SF, 18/24, 202 yards, 2/0. Not a great game, but a fine one. Obviously, that was a blow out quick, so the game didn't require much passing. 
  • WK 8 - Home against GB, 19/35, 295, 3/0. Completion percentage wasn't great, but the fantasy stats were really nice. 
  • WK 11 - Home against KC, 31/49, 413, 4/0
  • Wk 13/14 - the two games on the road we have mentioned against the Bears and Lions. 

So based on that, it's really hard to tell what it is. The loss of Kupp has also coincided with a lot of road games (4/6 on the road). Here's the full season home / road splits

Place Home 6 6 0 0 157 224 67 70.09 2199 18 2 124.5 16 96 9.82 11.02 37.3 366.5 19 39 2.05 1 3.2 6.5 1 6 2 0 0 0 0
  Road 7 5 2 0 138 234 96 58.97 1735 9 9 78.9 13 89 7.41 6.45 33.4 247.9 19 52 2.74 0 2.7 7.4 0 0 6 0 0 -8

Obviously, a huge difference there. Last year he was actually better on the road, so maybe it is Kupp, but it's hard for me to draw a conclusion at this point because the two coincided together. I guess at this point, I'm just putting it more on the home / road. If he were to struggle this week, then maybe I would change the opinion. Obviously, that doesn't help you this week though LOL

As for Williams, I picked him up (actually just cut Ware), haven't decided what I want to do with him yet. He should be rb1 there, but is he really going to be a full time back, or is he going to split snaps? I think it really depends on what else you have available. Right now, I think I'm probably going to go Justin Jackson over him in the thursday tilt should Gordon also be ruled out. If Gordon is going to play, it's going to be a closer decision between Michel / Adams / Williams / Samuels. I'm not sure where I would slot him in that grouping, but my gut says that I won't play him. It's a really big risk to take in the playoffs. 

Semi finals this week. 'Grats to everyone making it this far. I have hard decisions (bolded) to make (0.5 PPR):

QB: Russel Wilson or Lamar Jackson (leaning Wilson vs SF)
WR: Odell
WR: Julio
RB: Aaron Jones
RB: Dalvin Cook
TE: Ian Thomas or Gerald Everett (leaning Thomas)
Flex (pick 2): RB Justin Jackson @ KC, RB Damien Williams vs LAC, RB Sony Michel @ PIT, WR Kenny Golladay @ BUF
D/ST: DET (@BUF)

I think J. Jackson is a lock (assuming Gordon is out, but what if Gordon is active?), I won't start Damien Williams unless Ware is declared out. How would you rank my four flex options? I'm very lucky with this week's TNF matchup in terms of timing...

3 hours ago, Forge said:

As for Williams, I picked him up (actually just cut Ware), haven't decided what I want to do with him yet. He should be rb1 there, but is he really going to be a full time back, or is he going to split snaps? I think it really depends on what else you have available. Right now, I think I'm probably going to go Justin Jackson over him in the thursday tilt should Gordon also be ruled out. If Gordon is going to play, it's going to be a closer decision between Michel / Adams / Williams / Samuels. I'm not sure where I would slot him in that grouping, but my gut says that I won't play him. It's a really big risk to take in the playoffs. 

You seem to be in a very similar boat to me, I have Curtis Samuels as well but he's my last WR and wouldn't have really considered him over Golladay. We do have 2 flex spots in my league, though, and 8 bench spots in a 12 man league. The waivers are barren.

Michel or Damien Williams for my RB2?

I have Connor but it doesn't sound like he'll play. Feel like Williams is risky but he's in such a great situation and I have a hard time seeing any of the other rbs getting many snaps.

Archived