Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Pick 2 (0.5 PPR): Carson, A Jones, D Williams

Pick 2 (0.5 PPR): Mack, Howard, D Williams

I think Carson / Williams for #1. 

I think Howard / Williams for #2. Mack is really tempting because he still offers a little something out of the backfield, but the matchup isn't great, and while the Colts offense has been very good for the most part this season, we know that they aren't impervious to flops as evidenced in the Jacksonville game. Also, in 4 of his last 5 games, Mack just really hasn't been that good. 

6 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I'm leaning Cook. Jones playing in Chicago against that Bears D that just shut down Gurley. New Offensive coordinator for the Vikings and Zimmer has been on and on about running the ball more so I expect Dalvin to be heavily involved. 

Along the same lines

Pick 1 .5 PPR

Justin Jackson @KC

Aaron Jones @CHI

Assuming Gordon doesn't play, I have Jackson in right now. Fournette and Dalvin Cook in my other RB spots.

Lastly..

I have to play Trubisky over Rodgers right? In Chicago and that Bears D is scary. Can see Chicago looking for some big revenge after what happened week 1.

Looks like you're good how you have it. I'd be ok with starting Tru

35 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Brees or Rivers this week? I have Rivers starting as of now.

Man, thats close. I'm torn on rivers. I typically hate starting thursday night road game players, but hte game could absolutely be a shootout and without Gordon and Ekeler, the Chargers could be in line to throw it more (that being said, the loss of Gordon and Ekeler, both of whom are very efficient out of the backfield, could hurt Rivers). I don't love the matchup for Brees either (also a divisional game on the road). Rivers had such a good week 1 against KC, that it's really hard to ignore. I'm going to be honest...it's a toss up for me. If it were me, I'd probably go with Brees just because I despise playing thursday night road game players, and the hate is that much that it tends to overcome other positive factors lol. But that's a personal thing and that line of thinking is not always the best result for sure 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, thats close. I'm torn on rivers. I typically hate starting thursday night road game players, but hte game could absolutely be a shootout and without Gordon and Ekeler, the Chargers could be in line to throw it more (that being said, the loss of Gordon and Ekeler, both of whom are very efficient out of the backfield, could hurt Rivers). I don't love the matchup for Brees either (also a divisional game on the road). Rivers had such a good week 1 against KC, that it's really hard to ignore. I'm going to be honest...it's a toss up for me. If it were me, I'd probably go with Brees just because I despise playing thursday night road game players, and the hate is that much that it tends to overcome other positive factors lol. But that's a personal thing and that line of thinking is not always the best result for sure 

It sucks. Hopefully they both have similar outings pointwise like they've had the past few weeks. I'll flip a coin tonight😂

5 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Haha I benched rivers for Brees. Worked out good So far so good.

The funny thing was, my original response to you included this line, 

"Rivers seems like he's always good for at least one boneheaded INT against the Chiefs" and sure enough, first throw....

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The funny thing was, my original response to you included this line, 

"Rivers seems like he's always good for at least one boneheaded INT against the Chiefs" and sure enough, first throw....

I read some stuff about him and his struggles against KC so I benched him. Add in the Thursday stuff like you said and I just felt more content with Brees.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

This is an interesting matchup in the playoffs. I view your team as clearly better, but your matchups are pretty awful across the board. I think you should win, but it'll be interesting. 

Boyd / Conley, I think I'm leaning toward the former. The thing is, even with Driskell, his targets haven't dropped. He's still getting the volume, and for me, that's possibly the most important thing in fantasy. In the last 3 games, he's still got 22 targets. I wish he was getting more looks in the redzone, but he had 6 / 97 in the first week with Driskel alone, and 3 / 53 the second week (catchign only half his targets, which is a whopping 25% below his catch rate for the year). I mean, the 3/53 isn't great, but it's not crippling. 

The problem with Conley is that he definitely has a super high ceiling (if Hill is out or largely unused), but his targets and usage ebb and flow like crazy. He's had only 5 games of 4 or more targets (While boyd has had only 4 games of under 4 targets). He's had 7 games of 2 or fewer targets. That's just such a huge variance for me. His best game is 7/74 with 2 tds (with TDs being highly volatile for non premiere players) and then after that, he doesn't have a single game over 30 yards. I just can't trust that, even though I would agree that if Hill is largely a decoy out there, he should see an inflation on his numbers. But I just can't trust him. I'd rather take the 8 points from Boyd and call it a day. 

Hope you kept Conley on the bench @One Punch Man

Should I start Dak over Luck?

Considering this for a few reasons...

A)My opponent  has Cooper and Zeke starting so any passing tds to those would somewhat be negated

B)I’m gonna have to start Gallup most likely(increasing targets and nice matchup) as my 2nd flex due to injuries to Conner and Ware.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Should I start Dak over Luck?

Considering this for a few reasons...

A)My opponent  has Cooper and Zeke starting so any passing tds to those would somewhat be negated

B)I’m gonna have to start Gallup most likely(increasing targets and nice matchup) as my 2nd flex due to injuries to Conner and Ware.

Thoughts?

I think I would go with Luck. Only had 1 bad game since week 4. It’s tempting to go with Dak for the reasons you mentioned and also because Indy’s defense is a little weaker than Dallas’. But I think Luck has the higher floor. 

Archived