Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Assuming I can claim Winston tomrorow. Dalton or Winston this week? They both have great matchups.

Tough. We really have no data on Winston so far this season to know how he looks, but I'd put more faith in the Steelers slowing down the Bengals (they did okay against the falcons, better than was expected, I think). This is also schedule to be the week where Dalton has a nice point total (he's been an every other week guy). That being said, the Bucs have no run game whatsoever, so everything they are going to do is going to go through the air. 

I think I'm going to lean toward Winston and just take the chance that he's not completely incompetent. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Assuming I can claim Winston tomrorow. Dalton or Winston this week? They both have great matchups.

Winston.  Bucs can’t run the ball and have no D. I think he has a higher floor and ceiling this week. He’s already got some live reps under his belt too.

23 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Winston.  Bucs can’t run the ball and have no D. I think he has a higher floor and ceiling this week. He’s already got some live reps under his belt too.

Hopefully I can get him and just play matchups with him and Dalton. Even though I hate carrying two qbs.

This is just a general question but I need some direction with my WRs.

I currently have Marvin Jones Jr., Mike Williams, Chris Godwin and Christian Kirk and have no idea who to start in my WR3 spot every week. All 4 are so up and down week to week (basically TD dependent) that Im going to go crazy having all 4 around.

Is there one that you would cut loose? Who do you see being the most consistent going forward?

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is just a general question but I need some direction with my WRs.

I currently have Marvin Jones Jr., Mike Williams, Chris Godwin and Christian Kirk and have no idea who to start in my WR3 spot every week. All 4 are so up and down week to week (basically TD dependent) that Im going to go crazy having all 4 around.

Is there one that you would cut loose? Who do you see being the most consistent going forward?

Of them, Marvin is likely the most consistent moving forward.  But ultimately, if one of them far and away has a great matchup, you play that guy (I'd kind of like to see Jameis buck his normal trend of favoring the TE's more than any receiver not named Mike Evans first, but given that Jones is on bye this week, the matchup against Atlanta might be enough to bank on for Godwin this week).

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Of them, Marvin is likely the most consistent moving forward.  But ultimately, if one of them far and away has a great matchup, you play that guy (I'd kind of like to see Jameis buck his normal trend of favoring the TE's more than any receiver not named Mike Evans first, but given that Jones is on bye this week, the matchup against Atlanta might be enough to bank on for Godwin this week).

Thank you, here's another question. I wrote in the other thread about my #2 waiver position. Would you trade Marvin Jones or Mike Williams and Buck Allen for Demaryius? 2 for 1. Opening up a spot to grab Clement. So it's basically Jones/Williams + Allen for DT/Clement.

Or would you just drop one of Williams/Buck/Collins for Clement or Smallwood and call it a day

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thank you, here's another question. I wrote in the other thread about my #2 waiver position. Would you trade Marvin Jones or Mike Williams and Buck Allen for Demaryius? 2 for 1. Opening up a spot to grab Clement. So it's basically Jones/Williams + Allen for DT/Clement.

Or would you just drop one of Williams/Buck/Collins for Clement or Smallwood and call it a day

I don't trust Demaryius... I wanted to, I thought he could merge into more of a possession receiver this season, but his hands have been too inconsistent and, frankly, Keenum is an issue for his consistency.

If you're going to drop someone for Clement or Smallwood, drop the receiver (Williams or Kirk - I like Chris, I don't like the combination of Mike McCoy and a rookie QB rest of season) - they're more replaceable in terms of guys from the WW who can be picked up if need-be to fill.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I don't trust Demaryius... I wanted to, I thought he could merge into more of a possession receiver this season, but his hands have been too inconsistent and, frankly, Keenum is an issue for his consistency.

If you're going to drop someone for Clement or Smallwood, drop the receiver (Williams or Kirk - I like Chris, I don't like the combination of Mike McCoy and a rookie QB rest of season) - they're more replaceable in terms of guys from the WW who can be picked up if need-be to fill.

I was thinking about dropping Godwin for Smallwood. Him being a #3 option with low volume is what makes me believe he has a longer way to steady relevance than a guy like Mike Williams or Christian Kirk since Kirk could emerge as a #1 option in a team that's going to be throwing from behind a lot if that makes any sense.

Or am I completely arong on that? I just don't trust Godwins abolity to score a TD every single week to maintain his relevance without a injury to Djax/Evans.

I could just not make a move, roll with Godwin/Marvin/Williams/Kirk and Collins/Buck as my backup RBs and take over #1 waiver priority for something better in the next few weeks.

IDK how important it is to pickup Smallwood and drop a guy like Godwin.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was thinking about dropping Godwin for Smallwood. Him being a #3 option with low volume is what makes me believe he has a longer way to steady relevance than a guy like Mike Williams or Christian Kirk since Kirk could emerge as a #1 option in a team that's going to be throwing from behind a lot if that makes any sense.

Or am I completely arong on that? I just don't trust Godwins abolity to score a TD every single week to maintain his relevance without a injury to Djax/Evans.

I could just not make a move, roll with Godwin/Marvin/Williams/Kirk and Collins/Buck as my backup RBs and take over #1 waiver priority for something better in the next few weeks.

IDK how important it is to pickup Smallwood and drop a guy like Godwin.

From what I recall seeing of the live reps in the preseason, Jameis and Godwin have chemistry.  Yes, I believe D-Jax is the WR2... but, the connection between him and Godwin last season was off (in terms of Jameis missed him multiple times on long throws that would have been TD's, but for the fact that they couldn't get their timing together on those long throws).

I, personally, wouldn't be in a rush to burn waiver priority on either Philly RB unless I absolutely needed to up the quality of my backfield (you're looking for, at best, an upgrade to your RB3, correct?).  But I'm a weird cat that actually likes to preserve my waiver priority to, against tradition, burn it on the D/ST with the best possible playoff matchups available to me because I'm confident enough in my drafting (it's just largely been a habit of mine that's paid off more times than not).

Honest opinion, if it were my team, if something happens to Mike Evans, Godwin becomes the de facto WR1 on Tampa, IMO, not D-Jax, so I want to see how he and Jameis gel in these first couple (very favorable for passing offenses) matchups before I render a decision on him.  Williams should be producing more (in the TD category) with both Hunter Henry out and Keenan Allen underachieving (by his usual standards), and both those things stand to change before season's end.  Buck is TD or bust unless you're in a pure PPR format, though he seems the most likely to keep his role (passing downs and goal-line, moreso the former) if/when Kenneth Dixon comes off the IR.  Collins has until Dixon comes off the IR to hold him off (because I do feel like the Ravens hold a torch for Dixon and are going to give him opportunity if Collins isn't running away with the job when he comes back), and there are tasty RB matchups for the Ravens' RB's after this week (Carolina's given up 85-plus yards on the ground to a RB on every team they've faced this season and the gameplan against the Saints will clearly be to play ball-control).

Need to pick 2 from this group:

Calvin Ridley vs. TB

Sammy Watkins @NE

Keke Coutee vs. BUF

Emmanuel Sanders vs. LAR

0.5 PPR

Right now I have Ridley and Watkins. 

I could see Sanders getting some garbage time burn but iffy weather and Keenum's inaccuracy when pressured has me generally skeptical of starting him despite the target share. Even though Ridley is more of a boom/bust play, feel like he's a good start this week given how porous the TB defense is, right? 

20 hours ago, N4L said:

Which defense do I play:

Jags @ Cowboys

OR

Bears @ Seahawks 

Bears play the Dolphins, not Seahawks. I'm actually starting Chicago this week and my opponent is starting JAX haha, I like Chicago because they've had an extra bye week to rest and prepare for the Dolphins, Khalil Mack causes a lot of havoc that leads to fantasy point plays (fumbles, sacks, TDs), and I see the Dolphins as more likely to make those kind of mistake/turnover plays than the Cowboys. 

My question: I need to start 2 of the following RBs (PPR)

Mike Davis vs Oakland

Tevin Coleman vs Tampa Bay

Buck Allen vs Tennessee

I really want to start Davis cuz he looked great against my Rams and the Hawks seem to be running a run-heavy offense now. I'm really just not sure who is the better start between Allen and Coleman.

Archived