Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

16 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Bears play the Dolphins, not Seahawks. I'm actually starting Chicago this week and my opponent is starting JAX haha, I like Chicago because they've had an extra bye week to rest and prepare for the Dolphins, Khalil Mack causes a lot of havoc that leads to fantasy point plays (fumbles, sacks, TDs), and I see the Dolphins as more likely to make those kind of mistake/turnover plays than the Cowboys. 

My question: I need to start 2 of the following RBs (PPR)

Mike Davis vs Oakland

Tevin Coleman vs Tampa Bay

Buck Allen vs Tennessee

I really want to start Davis cuz he looked great against my Rams and the Hawks seem to be running a run-heavy offense now. I'm really just not sure who is the better start between Allen and Coleman.

I know its hard but I'd go with Davis. He got a good amount of work and a RZ carry for a TD

I need some help too at WR 2 and Flex: Standard Scoring:

Will Fuller vs Buffalo(3 targets and terrible last week)

Doug Baldwin @ Oakland(Like Fuller but even worse last week)

Corey Clement @ NYG (Is he going to get enough touches to be startable over the 2 above that have potential but terrible floors too?)

57 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know its hard but I'd go with Davis. He got a good amount of work and a RZ carry for a TD

Corey Clement @ NYG (Is he going to get enough touches to be startable over the 2 above that have potential but terrible floors too?)

Id take the risk and start Clement especially in standard.

I'd go with Fuller as the WR. He is more likely to make a big play.

Ok. Lots of Aaron Jones questions in 3 leagues this week.

League 1: If TY Hilton is out, Aaron Jones or Doug Baldwin in PPR?

League 2: PPR Flex, trust Aaron Jones or Kenyan Drake?

League 3: If Brandin Cooks is out, Aaron Jones or Keelan Cole? (Also PPR) 

Bench Big Ben for Jamies this week?

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I needed to know which 2 RBs to start, you only named Davis! 

I would bench Baldwin. The Seahawks are going run heavy offense, they only passed on like 43% of plays last week. Baldwin just hasn't proven that he's healthy yet, against the Rams he was just a decoy and got 1 target the whole game in what was a high scoring back and forth game the whole way. 

1 hour ago, SimsZilla said:

Guys I’m on the struggle bus this week...16 team league. My only options are:

bibs, Josh Adams, or turbin for my rb2 this week. 

Is kyle juszczyk available? Lol can't help you on that one ... 16 team leagues are brutal

9 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

Wendell Smallwood or Nyheim Hines?

Going to go with Hines. Usage is a bit of a question for either. If the Colts have been impressed with Hines, he shouldn't see too much of a drop in usage. Smallwood isn't as much of a question with regards to usage, but it's not like his usage is going to be super high either. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Is kyle juszczyk available? Lol can't help you on that one ... 16 team leagues are brutal

@SimsZilla If this league is a ppr, you should really give this consideration as crazy as it sounds. With so many people banged up for the niners, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Juice Check is looking at 4-6 targets / receptions. Especially in a game that they figure to be trailing the majority of and in passing mode. 

21 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

My question: I need to start 2 of the following RBs (PPR)

Mike Davis vs Oakland

Tevin Coleman vs Tampa Bay

Buck Allen vs Tennessee

I really want to start Davis cuz he looked great against my Rams and the Hawks seem to be running a run-heavy offense now. I'm really just not sure who is the better start between Allen and Coleman.

Davis  & Coleman. Coleman isn't as strong in the receiving game as he once was (I find it odd how the Falcons have switched those roles for Coleman / Freeman around), but I figure that game is going to be really nice offensively, so there's got to be a good shot at a touchdown in there. Meanwhile, I have to think that Allen is going to have some major touchdown regressions coming soon, and he's owing a lot of his fantasy standing to the fact that he has 4 touchdowns in 5 weeks. I don't think that Allen is a 13 touchdown guy this year, so feel like that is unlikly to keep up. Allen also has by far the worst matchup out of these three. 

I agree with you that I think DAvis is worth a stab - the Seahawks really do look to be featuring a run heavy scheme right now, so the volume could be there. 

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hard to trust Aaron Jones with Mike McCarthy doing McCarthy things, but if there's a game in which he should have some major usage, I think it's going to the be niners game. The reports are that he's not the pass catching back nor the pass blocking back, but should be the majority ball carrier. This is a game you figure the Packers are going to get up early, so he should have some usage. I'll take Jones over Baldwin though, who hasn't been healthy and looks to be playing in a very run heavy offense at this point in time that is not doing great moving the ball through the air. 

Well, let's be honest...it's you....and Kenyan Drake. Whatever decision you make, the dude is going to bone you. You pick Jones, Drake is going off for 125 + 3 tds. You pick Drake, he's going to have 3 carries for 9 yards and 2 receptions. But I think I'd go with Jones here. Seriously though, drake had a nice game last week, but largely due to work in the passing game. He's still not run and we are talking about a game last week where he nearly doubled his targets from the previous 4 weeks combined (had 14 targets coming into the game, got 11 in the game), and his receptions (10 in weeks 1-4, 7 last week).  If he's going to do most of his work in the passing game, that's somewhat mitigated in a standard league. 

Cole. I hate trying to trust Bortles on the road, and that Jaguars receiving corps has been a crazy whack a mole of which receiver to take on any given week, but Cole's target share has largely been legit.  3 of 5 games have seen between 8-10 targets, and the Jets game had game flow issues given that the Jags went up early by a fair margin and there was no reason to really throw it. In a PPR league, I think Cole is probably safe for 3-4 catches for 40-50 yards. 

I did. It's Ben on the road in a divisional matchup. He's been very up and down this year and the Bengals' defense isn't bad. 

I Need to pick 1....

Doug Baldwin WR
Tyler Lockett WR
Keelan Cole WR 
Ronald Jones RB 

Or I could drop one and pick up....

1. Chester Rogers WR (looks like he's playing around 80% of Indy's snaps with TY out)
2. Kyle Juszcyk RB (Risky, but with Breida out and them playing the Packers, i see them throwing it a ton and could easily see 7-8 targets for him) 
3. Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR (If any of the top 3 receivers are out, he's a possible start) 

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Id take the risk and start Clement especially in standard.

I'd go with Fuller as the WR. He is more likely to make a big play.

Ok. Lots of Aaron Jones questions in 3 leagues this week.

Jones

Drake

Cole

No

2 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I needed to know which 2 RBs to start, you only named Davis! 

I would bench Baldwin. The Seahawks are going run heavy offense, they only passed on like 43% of plays last week. Baldwin just hasn't proven that he's healthy yet, against the Rams he was just a decoy and got 1 target the whole game in what was a high scoring back and forth game the whole way. 

My bad dude, normally i read more clearly than that. I’d go with Allen. Its close but it just seems like his role is more defined and will get looks no matter what the score is

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Hard to trust Aaron Jones with Mike McCarthy doing McCarthy things, but if there's a game in which he should have some major usage, I think it's going to the be niners game. The reports are that he's not the pass catching back nor the pass blocking back, but should be the majority ball carrier. This is a game you figure the Packers are going to get up early, so he should have some usage. I'll take Jones over Baldwin though, who hasn't been healthy and looks to be playing in a very run heavy offense at this point in time that is not doing great moving the ball through the air. 

I also have Corey Clement on my bench now that Hilton is pretty much confirmed out. When I posted Hilton was still questionable, so I was planning on leaving Clement on my bench to hold out for Hilton

Well, let's be honest...it's you....and Kenyan Drake. Whatever decision you make, the dude is going to bone you. You pick Jones, Drake is going off for 125 + 3 tds. You pick Drake, he's going to have 3 carries for 9 yards and 2 receptions. But I think I'd go with Jones here. Seriously though, drake had a nice game last week, but largely due to work in the passing game. He's still not run and we are talking about a game last week where he nearly doubled his targets from the previous 4 weeks combined (had 14 targets coming into the game, got 11 in the game), and his receptions (10 in weeks 1-4, 7 last week).  If he's going to do most of his work in the passing game, that's somewhat mitigated in a standard league. 

I just picked up Chester Rogers. Think he might be a better option?

Cole. I hate trying to trust Bortles on the road, and that Jaguars receiving corps has been a crazy whack a mole of which receiver to take on any given week, but Cole's target share has largely been legit.  3 of 5 games have seen between 8-10 targets, and the Jets game had game flow issues given that the Jags went up early by a fair margin and there was no reason to really throw it. In a PPR league, I think Cole is probably safe for 3-4 catches for 40-50 yards. 

I did. It's Ben on the road in a divisional matchup. He's been very up and down this year and the Bengals' defense isn't bad. 

Thanks for the help. I couple of things changed since then, so I put some additional questions if you don't mind

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I Need to pick 1....

Doug Baldwin WR
Tyler Lockett WR
Keelan Cole WR 
Ronald Jones RB 

Or I could drop one and pick up....

1. Chester Rogers WR (looks like he's playing around 80% of Indy's snaps with TY out)
2. Kyle Juszcyk RB (Risky, but with Breida out and them playing the Packers, i see them throwing it a ton and could easily see 7-8 targets for him) 
3. Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR (If any of the top 3 receivers are out, he's a possible start) 

I actually like Lockett of that group the most although Chester Rogers could be a pretty good floor play too. MVS is pretty difficult to trust because he is injury reliant and he plays on Monday night.

Archived