2018 College Football

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Aggies vs Clemson next weekend! Time for Jimbo to year that paycheck

its been so long since the aggies have had a coach that could actually coach, I am not sure what to think. I feel like Clemson will win this one pretty comfortably, but I am just hoping that we can hang tough with them. a 3-1 start to the season would put us on huge footing for the future. A win verse either Clemson or Bama would be amazing. 

On 9/3/2018 at 10:13 AM, Texansfan713 said:

A&m gonna get smoked by Clemson. 

Meanwhile Sumlin returns back to Houston.  >:(

I think we might keep it fairly close. I wouldnt be shocked to lose 24-13 or something like that. I think Mond will make a few plays with his legs because the clemson D-Line is going to cut through the aggies O-Line like butter. I think our D can hold them in the 20s. We just wont be able to run the ball on anything other than busted plays. I think we can put up in the teens at home. 

Jimbo is well versed on Clemson, and So i expect he has the team ready to play. In the end, the Aggies just arent up there talent wise yet, but if Fisher keeps recruiting like he is, it wont be long before the Aggies can be a consistent top 10 team. 

Aggies really showed something against Clemson. It kind of reminds me of Sumlin's first year. Manziel had a coming out party against a good Florida team and we barely lost. Went on to win the heisman and have an 11 win season.

I am thinking this could repeat itself. I think we lose to Bama, but then pull off a big upset against Aubrun. Beat Mississippi State and close out and get that first SEC win against LSU. Go 10-2 and have a shot at a good bowl. 

Yep, as a Baylor fan it sure will be fun to watch Auburn/Stidham (Baylor '18) vs. A&M/Mond (Baylor '20).  Ahh the good old days of 2016.  Can't complain too much as Charlie Brewer was laser sharp,  clutch, and PFF QB of the Week this week.  Bears still have a long road back as we have no o-line and about 4 decent defensive starters, but 2-0 beats 0-2 any day and beating Duke this weekend would be another step back.  Gotta give it to the Ags, never seen a better loss juxtaposed with a worst win for UT.  And I thought last year was rough for the UH ex coaches (Briles, Sumlin, Herman)... 

Archived