2018 Roster

lumberjackchris

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

we do have ervin on the roster too. I am not sure Pope is any better than him

I don't think I've seen Ervin on an offensive snap this season, just ST work.

To think, we could have signed AP, who was basically begging the Texans to sign him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Future roster moves - with our entire inactive list being actual injuries and 2 more starters down already tonight, not sure how much longer we can hold onto Brian Peters who is a core special teamer, but rarely draws defensive snaps and has been out at least the past 3 games. Our secondary is painfully thin with Natrell Jamerson actually getting snaps in the secondary with Joseph hurt.  If Joseph is out even a few weeks, I think Gaine HAS to make a move for one of the CBs being dangled out there for trade.  Not holding my breath on PP, but Gareon Conley from the Raiders is there along with Karl Joseph at safety.  Brent Grimes would be a logical Joseph replacement as a quality vet with man to man coverage skills. Deone Buchanon would make sense if Cunningham is out any time as a S/LB tweener.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:54 AM, tab said:

whats up with donta? Pancakes said something about Bill saying he's out of shape 10:29 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/John-McClain-s-Texans-chat-Will-they-trade-for-13330017.php

This dude has always given off a Ben Tate vibe to me and 2 years in, I think that might be overrating him.  Having that change of pace north-south runner would obviously be ideal in this offense, but the extrapolations Texans fans are making with him are absurd.  The dude had 1 good pre-season game and added 3 decent runs in 78 attempts and 2 catches in 11 games (best games were vs. horrible Browns and Cards) .   Dude was a stuff machine (25 carries that lost yards or gained less than 1) adding another 25 carries gaining between 2 and 3 yards.  Remember, he has had terrible fumble problems and the next block he throws will be his first, so any bellcow type aspirations are pure fantasy at this point.  The Tate vibe comes from showing up completely out of shape as a rookie and getting arrested for smoking dope outside dorm (there is a difference between getting charges dropped and being innocent).  Achilles recovery is a tough and rigorous one and he just doesn't strike me as the JJ Watt type who's in the gym at 6am working his rehab and being 2 months off schedule is telling.  Without question he had an amazing 2016 at UT, but the dude was also abused in Earl Campbell level fashion - 51 carries in a friggin loss to Kansas!  Had over 30 carries in 6 of his last 7 games.  The 200+ yards games were nice stat padders, but Baylor, Tech, and Kansas D's were d2 level quality. 

Ok - I'm bashing the kid just because I'm sick of him being viewed as the "savior" for BoB's offense or hyped by the same fantasy dorks who kept wanting us to bench Arian for Tate because he put up some nice garbage time yards.  I do think Foreman can be a solid contributor as a late game basher and great change up for those 3rd series of each half places Blue has been performing well in.  I still think there's a very real possibility he doesn't play this year and at best I think we'll see a diminished slow Foreman for 4 or 5 carries a game.  We all know the odds of him still having a solid career are stacked against him as he'd be the first effective post-achilles back. I am rooting for him, but Lamar Miller is our bellcow and Blue has been doing everything asked of him so far.  Foreman is gravy, not the meat and potatoes.   

My hope for Monday

1) CB Mike Tyson for CB Rashaan Melvin 

2) Houston 2019 5th to Denver Broncos for WR Demaryius Thomas (Fuller to IR)

3) Sign LB Jacob Pugh to PS (cut WR Cyril Grayson)

4) Claim G/T David Quessenberry (TN) off of practice squad (T David Sharpe to PS) (cut G Chad Slade)

5) Claim RB Trey Edmunds (PIT) off of practice squad (cut RB Buddy Howell)

6) Sign NT Du’Vonta Lampkin to PS (cut WR Isaac Whitney)

7) Ship ;)

22 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WR is a rough spot. We need a 3rd WR this year to make a playoff push with. But do we really want a guy we have to extend when we have all 3 of our guys healthy? Then again, when was the last time we had 3 healthy WRs?

I'm not banking on Will Fuller ever being healthy for 16 games. Even if he returns, I wonder what his speed will be like following surgery and multiple soft tissue setbacks.

Will Fuller without his speed is Cecil Shorts III. A guy who can make a play once in a while, but don't try to expect it.

Archived