2018 Roster

lumberjackchris

53 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We only have 3 guys that are Free Agents that will make any kind of money: Clowney, Honey Badger and Jackson. I would let the first two walk honestly. 

Why? They've both been pretty good the last few weeks. Not like you're going to find better in the draft or in FA, and not like money is a real issue.

Let us also pause and praise the roster moves we didn't make and try again to remember that FA "winners" are usually garbage teams like the Jets and Giants who overpay for instant solutions that end up as albatrosses.  Also take note - stop overvaluing ex-Patriots folks!

If you watched last nights game or any other Titans game, you saw what I was saying all offseason.  Malcolm Butler is a pathetic man-to-man coverage guy.  Dude has been getting roasted all season and is currently PFF #82 which is probably generous considering he's given up 6 TDs including getting destroyed by borderline roster fodder like Jordan Matthews and Allen Hurns.  Dude has allowed 39 catches for 618 yards in 8 games!  s.  Belichick is going to target him 20 times this week!  Too expensive to bench at $61 million which is going to hurt for 4 more years

Trumaine Johnson was the other target often mentioned here and signed for $71m.  Dude totally failed to live up to the hype including getting destroyed the once this season Bortles to Moncrief connection and Calloways 1 bomb.  He's been out since week 4.

Nate Solder has done nothing to help the Giants and it's clear the concerns that Brady just made his job easy were completely warranted.   Solder was basically just asked to push guys past Brady with him stepping into his usual pocket comfy enough for his quick release.    He's given up 6 sacks and a ton of hits and was easily replaced by UDFAs.   4 years / $62 million.  

Andrew Norwell.  Another guy who got very rich from a scheme and a QB.  5 years / 66.5 million.  Dude didn't give up a sack all year last year which went by the wayside week 1.  Losing Fournette obviously hurt their running game, but he's their lowest rated lineman so far and 50 overall amongst guards.   Pugh and Sutton have been complete busts as over the hill signings at Guard.

Really the one signing I was pushing hard for was Morgan Burnett.  He's been exceptional when healthy, but has missed 4 games.  Honey Badger has obviously been huge for us.  I've been tempering my Shareece Wright praise waiting for him to inevitably slip, but based purely on his limited sample size he has put together a textbook on man-to-man coverage and dare I say is having a BETTER season than even Bouye had with us.

PS - Bonus "I told ya so"  - Connor Williams has been awful so far in Dallas and now he's hurt.  Bonus - "I was wrong" - Kendall Lamm has been downright decent in steadying this o-line.  

20 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Let us also pause and praise the roster moves we didn't make and try again to remember that FA "winners" are usually garbage teams like the Jets and Giants who overpay for instant solutions that end up as albatrosses.  Also take note - stop overvaluing ex-Patriots folks!

It's not like our FA haul is setting the world ablaze - we somehow downgraded from Jeff Allen/Susan Sua Filo with Senio Kelemete and Zach Fulton, Seantrell Henderson played an entire six snaps before his leg snapped and Aaron Colvin was the 5th worst CB per PFF when healthy (which is slightly better than Kevin Johnson, but I digress).

Honey Badger is the only saving grace from this FA class - and that's only manifested itself over the past few weeks. He was on a milk carton after that bobbled pick in the New England game.

On the plus side, not like we dropped significant coin on any of these names. We can probably cut them all without much negativity equity. 

Texans cut RB / KR Tyler Ervin to claim WR / KR DeAndre Carter from Philly

Philly fans seem genuinely upset he was claimed (they didn't want him cut in the first place & hoped to get him on their PS)

I remember wanting Carter has an UDFA because he had crazy athleticism.

43 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Texans cut RB / KR Tyler Ervin to claim WR / KR DeAndre Carter from Philly

Philly fans seem genuinely upset he was claimed (they didn't want him cut in the first place & hoped to get him on their PS)

I remember wanting Carter has an UDFA because he had crazy athleticism.

Cutting Ervin is pretty big - he was our slot when Coutee was hurt and our primary KR/PR guy. (Not that he was good at any of it, just noting).

We'll see where this goes.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Cutting Ervin is pretty big - he was our slot when Coutee was hurt and our primary KR/PR guy. (Not that he was good at any of it, just noting).

We'll see where this goes.

probably nowhere.  he isnt good.  chalk that up for another failed bill obrien pick. 

interested in seeing Carter as a return man for us.

Archived