Biggest Surprise / Biggest Disappointment in 2018?

JLambert58

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

There are two things I would like to see happen. I would like to see James Conner start and I would like to see the Steelers give play veon Bell about 300 carries in the first 8 games. Use whatever legs he has left in his career up in the first eight games and then let James Conner run the rest of the season

sounds good to me

59 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Makes sense but I'm hoping his ability to run the No Huddle this year will keep him on point. He seems to be a rhythm QB and has been handcuffed these past few years. 

wait and see. no more excuses this year fro ben. This has gone on for years, all this hype and nothing, time to win aSB or bust IMO. Who else has close the the talent  on offence ?

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If we dont win a SB this year with Bell, i dont see how we will win one without him. If we all agree on that, the end of Ben's career needs to be very soon so we can start rebuilding the defense the way we need to and developing Mason Rudolph.

unfortunately, having the most talent in the afc the past decade hasnt won us a superbowl...............something needs to change

2 hours ago, muncher said:

unfortunately, having the most talent in the afc the past decade hasnt won us a superbowl...............something needs to change

I noticed you are new here, yet I agree with what you post.  The common thread in the decade of underachieving is ?

Last year felt like the most complete team we've had in years but losing Shazier was ultimately a death sentence for that team--not much you can do there.  I also think not utilizing Harrison at all, when we desperately needed an adequate pass rush when rushing 4 was just horrendous coaching

3 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Last year felt like the most complete team we've had in years but losing Shazier was ultimately a death sentence for that team--not much you can do there.  I also think not utilizing Harrison at all, when we desperately needed an adequate pass rush when rushing 4 was just horrendous coaching

I am tired of people saying the Shazier injury doomed the team. The so called elite Offence has underachieved and should have risen to the occasion but didn't once again and we had a really easy schedule. This year we don't and time is running out for excuses.  Harrison got screwed over because they thought dupree was better, thats was obvious to many here as a mistake. Despite old age, Harrison was still much better than dupree but they are still trying to justify the RD1 pick of dupree, still O.o

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I am tired of people saying the Shazier injury doomed the team. The so called elite Offence has underachieved and should have risen to the occasion but didn't once again and we had a really easy schedule. This year we don't and time is running out for excuses.  Harrison got screwed over because they thought dupree was better, thats was obvious to many here as a mistake. Despite old age, Harrison was still much better than dupree but they are still trying to justify the RD1 pick of dupree, still O.o

You can be tired of people saying it but it doesn't make it not true.  The offense could have been better but they weren't the problem down the stretch.  Our defense was giving up approximately 28 ppg once Shazier got hurt and then got absolutely destroyed by Blake Bortles in the playoffs.  Meanwhile, our offense lit up the jags defense that game too.  Losing Shazier was a death sentence for the team last year--no way of getting around it.  I'm also not certain we did anything to completely fix that problem this year  

Remind me how many points they scored and how many they allowed in the Playoff loss. 

scored 42  with most in desperation time bombs when the game was already out of reach

allowed 45 ,  just owned by the jags OL. Our DL and OLB's did nothing. Dupree got pancaked by a TE O.o on the one rushing TD

the score doesn't reflect how that game went, it was never close and if we won it would have been as lame as it gets, that bad . 

scored 42  with most in desperation time bombs when the game was already out of reach

allowed 45 ,  just owned by the jags OL. Our DL and OLB's did nothing. Dupree got pancaked by a TE O.o on the one rushing TD

the score doesn't reflect how that game went, it was never close and if we won it would have been as lame as it gets, that bad . 

Only the last score came when the game was out of reach.  

Losing Shazier hurt the entire defense.   It hurt the run game, and pass defense because we lost that speed we desperately needed there and built the defense around.   Our defense still wouldve had its struggles with him, but it absolutely couldve made a difference.  Enough to win?   Maybe,  maybe not....but you are laughably downplaying how much his loss hurt this defense.   I was never even Shazier's biggest fan....but the defense was heavily dependent on his speed, and once that was gone, it just got so much worse.  

17 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think Watt is gonna suffer from a little bit of what Burns suffered from (high expectations) and a prediction of sophomore slump.  And Roethlisberger just pure age.  I think he'll regress this year to the point where they might seriously think of moving on.

I hope you're wrong, but I can see the logic.  Watt needs to get healthy fast if he's going to make that jump to the next level.  If so, I think he will excel.  He strikes me as the type of guy who will just put his head down and work to get better.  I'm sure he's stronger than he was last year.  Helps to have J.J. as your brother.  

Archived