Texans @ Patriots

amazingandre

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Is it? He got Colvin. He drafted Rankin and brought in Henderson. I'm not sure there was much more he could have done in one offseason with what was available and not having picks until the 3rd. It's not like he ignored it.

Game 2 and we're looking at Kendall Lamm and Andre Chachere a snap away from starting.  They are replacing two starters in Henderson and K. Johnson that have been never stayed healthy and objectively awful when they were.  If you don't have tackles or corners, you don't win in the NFL.  Think we've kinda learned that one by now.  

1 minute ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Game 2 and we're looking at Kendall Lamm and Andre Chachere a snap away from starting.  They are replacing two starters in Henderson and K. Johnson that have been never stayed healthy and objectively awful when they were.  If you don't have tackles or corners, you don't win in the NFL.  Think we've kinda learned that one by now.  

I'm not denying we have issues, I'm questioning whether that is Gaine's fault or still the remnants of Smith. I don't what else Gaines could have done, it's not like there is much better that was available.

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I'm not denying we have issues, I'm questioning whether that is Gaine's fault or still the remnants of Smith. I don't what else Gaines could have done, it's not like there is much better that was available.

I hear you MSE... but I think many people (on this board and other Texans boards) were clamoring for more depth at T and CB  + RB) (even before we signed Webster).  

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

I hear you MSE... but I think many people (on this board and other Texans boards) were clamoring for more depth at T and CB  RB) (even before we signed Webster).  

Depth for depth's sake doesn't fix the issue. There aren't better players available to jump ahead of what we have. We'd have more depth and it would be just as bad. I don't know why anyone realistically thinks those two issues could have been fixed in one offseason given how bad they were. And that isn't considering no 1st our 2nd round picks to play with.

11 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Depth for depth's sake doesn't fix the issue. There aren't better players available to jump ahead of what we have.

I disagree... I think there were better OL (even players who knew the Erhardt-Perkins system... kind of what we run) who were available.

I am specifically thinking of Cam Fleming and  LeAdrian Waddle.  I know it takes two to tango, but we had the $$$ and the opportunity.

They both had been spot starters for Pats.

4 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I disagree... I think there were better OL (even players who knew the Erhardt-Perkins system... kind of what we run) who were available.

I am specifically thinking of Cam Fleming and  LeAdrian Waddle.  I know it takes two to tango, but we had the $$$ and the opportunity.

They both had been spot starters for Pats.

Are you saying we should have them over Lamm or over Henderson? They aren't any better than Henderson and we have no idea of we talked to them or not about coming here as a backup. I mean blaming Gaines requires that you show he could have done more than he did. Can you show we could have gotten them?

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Are you saying we should have them over Lamm or over Henderson? They aren't any better than Henderson and we have no idea of we talked to them or not about coming here as a backup. I mean blaming Gaines requires that you show he could have done more than he did. Can you show we could have gotten them?

Over Lamm for sure - that's not even a question. 

I said "it takes two to tango" meaning I have no idea if offered and they rejected, etc.

I know we went hard after Solder so me thinks they were looking for players who understand / effective in Pats system.

Archived