Texans @ Patriots

amazingandre

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If Mariota, Walker and Lewan are out next week then we will role 

walker might be out for the year

man i called us losing this week but i wish i was wrong about it. i dont feel any positives from this loss except maybe our D can really be something again this year. I like our new TEs tho

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Am I the only one who thinks putting Rankin at LT and moving Davenport to RT is a stupid decision?  Thats a bad way to break in a rookie who didnt really play much in the preseason.

I agree with you

But it did seem we moved the ball better in the 2nd half

I am not sure if was completely on the line playing better (didn't look that way) or if Pats took the foot off the gas

1 hour ago, tab said:

walker might be out for the year

man i called us losing this week but i wish i was wrong about it. i dont feel any positives from this loss except maybe our D can really be something again this year. I like our new TEs tho

Seeing Malcolm Butler get roasted by Kenny Stills for a 75 yard TD warmed my heart.  Dude is one of the most overrated defensive players in the league and Tenn bought in for $60 million.  Sure, he's a playmaker and a decent zone corner, but that area of the pay scale requires the ability to cover man to man and Butler had to be protected by the Pats safeties for years.  O'Brien better be in that film room right now drawing up plays to isolate Butler on Fuller, Coates, Smith, and even Ellington as they can each blast past him one on one. We need to exploit Vrabel's horrific ability to make secondary adjustments. 

Nobody in our division was particularly impressive this week.

btw - Walker's injury looked like a career ender. Hate to see that - a Titan I actually respected.

4 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Seeing Malcolm Butler get roasted by Kenny Stills for a 75 yard TD warmed my heart.  Dude is one of the most overrated defensive players in the league and Tenn bought in for $60 million.  Sure, he's a playmaker and a decent zone corner, but that area of the pay scale requires the ability to cover man to man and Butler had to be protected by the Pats safeties for years.  O'Brien better be in that film room right now drawing up plays to isolate Butler on Fuller, Coates, Smith, and even Ellington as they can each blast past him one on one. We need to exploit Vrabel's horrific ability to make secondary adjustments. 

Nobody in our division was particularly impressive this week.

btw - Walker's injury looked like a career ender. Hate to see that - a Titan I actually respected.

Butler got beat on that play but honestly got himself back in to pretty decent position. It was a perfect throw by Tannehill though and Parker made a nice catch despite Butler raking at his arms.

Isolating Butler on Stills was a bad move by Pees though. Should be a Jackson or Ryan assignment and let Butler, as you noted, do what he does best in zone. Did that in the redzone and had him cover Mike Gesicki and got a pick thanks to it. Was the one real "blemish" I guess on our defense in the 2nd half. We looked god awful in most phases to start the first half(didn't show up on the scoreboard thanks to them playing some bend but don't break and stopping the Dolphins on a 4th down inside the 30), but finally got settled down.

I'll look it up on PFF tomorrow for a straight up statistical break down, but just off what you've watched, did Butler cover Hopkins much in the past for the Patriots and how did he do in your opinion?

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I'll look it up on PFF tomorrow for a straight up statistical break down, but just off what you've watched, did Butler cover Hopkins much in the past for the Patriots and how did he do in your opinion?

Mostly put our longer CBs on him, with McCourty help - especially on crucial downs. Butler always struggled against big and/or physical receivers. He came into his own against WRs like Beckham, funny enough.

Archived