Texans @ Patriots

amazingandre

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

? Ervin returning has not been a problem in this game.

While true... he is not a gamebreaker.... in that situation you need a gamebreaker back there

Edit: didn't matter since no one caught the ball and BOB decided against re-kick

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

While true... he is not a gamebreaker.... in that situation you need a gamebreaker back there

He's more a game breaker than Ellington. Coates can't even catch the ball. You said "kicks" not this kick only.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

He's more a game breaker than Ellington. Coates can't even catch the ball. You said "kicks" not this kick only.

Kicks as in punts and kick returns.... I think Coates and / or Ellington would bring the potential / ability to return a kick.

The biggest thing is their hands, but catching the kickoff is not usually the problem.

IIRC of the players who have multiple / top KRs in Texans history, Ervin has some of the fewest yards.

I don't remember anything over 30 yards from him that counted in a game

I thought he had a decent return some time ago that got called back because of penalty.

My point remains the same: Ervin is fine if you are ahead, but nothing about his return ability screams gamebreaker

Archived