Week 1 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Really not sure what to make of Peter King praising the Bengals this much.  I think he picked the Bengals to win the AFCN as well...

Usually he just flat out ignores them.  I guess we'll take the coverage?

One new feature I'm going to add now with the gameday threads is a list of everyone that posted a score prediction to the game, so I can look back and see how we all faired. I'm going to put it at the bottom and call it the "Expert picks", in quotations. I will also post predictions on any opposing fans that post one in this thread as well. Not going to bother digging through the opponents gameday threads and look for there predictions because some of those guys have more activity than us.

So anyone that wants to be added on the "Expert Picks" list, you must post a score prediction. And putting the classic 256-0 won't count btw ^_^

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Is anyone making the trip to Indy?  This is as close as they are going to get for @TheVillain112 and the Indiana contingent on here.

I wish.  Didn't plan this weekend well enough, my parents are coming to visit.  Trying to convince them to drive back home Sunday morning instead of Monday morning.  Week 1 of the NFL season might be shot for me...

Don't understand how you guys are the underdogs at all. 

We've got Luck back sure, but he hasn't played in a full speed, regular season game since his comeback and whilst it would be nice to see him back to his level straightaway. In reality it will probably take a few games for him to get to that.

Stats such as the Bengals haven't won in 8 visits to Indy mean nothing. I'm guessing a lot of those visits were against a Peyton Manning led offence. Most teams would win in Indy at the moment and the Bengals are certainly one of them.

That being said, hope it's a close.competitive game. All the best guys. 

On 9/5/2018 at 2:59 PM, TheVillain112 said:

Anthony Castanzo the Colts LT is limited in practice today.  Good news for Carl Lawson...

I saw this yesterday and meant to post something.  How good is he?

This is a big expectation to put on that unit, but i expect them to have 6 sacks on Sunday.  They need to come out with a big statement game.  They're good enough to do it.

Plus, as @PFM18 pointed out, Luck probably isn't processing things at 100% speed yet.  I would expect him to be holding it a bit long on longer drops (or dumping it off a lot).  I think i saw something to the effect of Luck's average depth of target was half of his career average during the preseason this year.  So maybe it'll be the latter and it'll be hard to get him to a lot.  But if that's the case, the defense should be swarming the LOS by Q2 and making it impossible to move the ball.

17 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Don't understand how you guys are the underdogs at all. 

The Bengals traditionally don't get the benefit of the doubt from the oddsmakers.  I wouldn't expect it after a 7-9 season.

That, plus Luck coming back, means there's a bunch of people on the Indy side of the line.  

Personally i would have put the line at Cincy -6 based on the preseason alone.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I saw this yesterday and meant to post something.  How good is he?

This is a big expectation to put on that unit, but i expect them to have 6 sacks on Sunday.  They need to come out with a big statement game.  They're good enough to do it.

Plus, as @PFM18 pointed out, Luck probably isn't processing things at 100% speed yet.  I would expect him to be holding it a bit long on longer drops (or dumping it off a lot).  I think i saw something to the effect of Luck's average depth of target was half of his career average during the preseason this year.  So maybe it'll be the latter and it'll be hard to get him to a lot.  But if that's the case, the defense should be swarming the LOS by Q2 and making it impossible to move the ball.

That is 100% what I saw in the Colts preseason games that I watched.  He was holding the ball too long and taking some hard hits because of it.  His arm strength on intermediate throws looked fine to me though.  He fit some passes into tight windows for TY.

Also, Jacoby has looked better than Luck from what I've seen this preseason.  But it's the preseason, so I don't put too much stock into that...

Archived