Special K (and P and LS and the rest of the special teams unit)

Klomp

13 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

I agree. I don’t think he looked the same this year. Love the guy, the football player, the story. Wish him well in his endeavors. 

I don't think we had enough of a sample size to know one way or the other.  And what I've seen from Hughes the last week or two isn't all that comforting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Another slow week for special teamers. 

Basically, if the Vikings can score on goal to go twice, he's not.....which is kind of an interesting thing about ST players and awards. 

Much like punters getting a lot of kicks inside the other team's twenty means the offense kept getting close to FG range, but not close enough....

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

How was kluwe weird? 

ChrisWarcraft

It is good to have a punter that cares more about being a professional punter than his other interests.

I will say that Kluwe was funny some of the time. In the end I wasn't sad to see him go nor would I ever consider employing him for anything.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

ChrisWarcraft

It is good to have a punter that cares more about being a professional punter than his other interests.

I will say that Kluwe was funny some of the time. In the end I wasn't sad to see him go nor would I ever consider employing him for anything.

This literally does not answer the question....he had a hobby you find weird, so he's weird? Athletes shouldn't have hobbies?

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

he had a hobby you find weird, so he's weird?

That’s generally the criteria for being weird, yes. 

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Athletes shouldn't have hobbies?

No one even remotely suggested this. But when those hobbies and other interests take your focus away from your professional focus, then they are no longer hobbies. They are distractions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

This literally does not answer the question....he had a hobby you find weird, so he's weird? Athletes shouldn't have hobbies?

I feel that it is weird for a professional football player to put more time into eSports than the sport he plays professionally.

The reason I would never hire him has nothing to do with that. That is related to things he said after leaving the Vikings. I would never employee anyone that has done that to a previous employer.

I give Kluwe much respect for playing on a torn ACL. He had a good career with the Vikings. Nobody will ever take away what he did for the team on the field.

Edited by Cearbhall