It's finally here: Week 1: Jaguars @ Giants - THE JOURNEY BEGINS

.Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

That was an awful showing by us and we still won.

Feel like that speaks volumes. We can have that many penalties, lose our workhorse offensively, go into complete conservative mode for much of the 2nd half, and still win against a pretty decent squad.

they were 3-13 last year. I know some people expect them to be solid this season, but they've not shown to be pretty solid.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

On the plus side, with the Titans game pretty much rained out we should win the gameday battle, no?

I mean they're going to get to post eventually.

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

they were 3-13 last year. I know some people expect them to be solid this season, but they've not shown to be pretty solid.

Yeah.  They've still got some big holes, and were missing their best pass rusher too.

It's nice that we snuck away with a win after shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties, and without the focal point of our entire offense, and our big FA acquisition on the line looking very rusty.  But i'm not convinced the Giants are going to be the measuring stick you want to come out barely above this year.  They haven't shown they deserve that recognition yet at least.

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Yes, but they had an incompetent coaching staff and a lot of things happening.

Too much talent for that type of season. Defense has a lot of pieces, offense has tons of weapons (OL is ??? though). Def a win I'll be happy about, especially on the road.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  They've still got some big holes, and were missing their best pass rusher too.

It's nice that we snuck away with a win after shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties, and without the focal point of our entire offense, and our big FA acquisition on the line looking very rusty.  But i'm not convinced the Giants are going to be the measuring stick you want to come out barely above this year.  They haven't shown they deserve that recognition yet at least.

We had over 100 yards in penalties and lost the guy our offense is game planned around.

I'd say considering how rough of a game we played it was a pretty solid win on the road to start the year.

Archived