Week 1 GDT: Patriots host Horn-Boys

Deadpulse

Image result for patriots texans 2018

@dhunt2402 @Hunter2_1 @TomRalph @I_GET_SAX @1ForTheThumb @DoleINGout @Troy Brown @Yin-Yang @AlNFL19 @nextsuperstar1 @Starless @LD696 @ChazStandard @jofos @Elky @SBLIII @Spooky @bluemushrooms @The Third Rider @Nex_Gen @goldfishwars @mission27 @mcmurtry86 @redsoxsrule1437 @everlong @iothar @tonyto36 @atmer @PatriotsWin! @Pats#1 @lancerman @GoldenboyDB12 @biggbrd @ICB @Iron_man @InRodWeRust

There is a lot of unknown going into this game, and it being week 1 doesn't help. How does Brady fair with the limited receiving options he has? Specifically not having that go to shifty type for the first time since 2006. How back is JJ Watt? If the answer is all the way, our new LT is in for a true test. Brady only has good chemistry with Hogan and Gronk but he is going to need to get the ball out quick. James White and Burkhead should both have big days catching the ball Sunday. On the other side, Gilmore vs Hopkins will be a match up to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck Rowe on him with Safety help and let Gilmore lock down the other options. The real test will be containing Watson, which is yet another mystery. How back is Watson? Might be first game jitters but this game will be close IMO. Patriots 24-23

Texans coming in hard after plenty of Ls and a NE slow start is almost to be expected.

That said, we’ve routinely played well against them albeit with different decks the last few years. 

Should be a great game, and we’ll be relying heavily on the non-WR receiving options. Essentially this is the same team that we played last year offensveily, and defensively they have Watt, Mercilus, Mahieu, and Colvin. Could be a tough opening week.

Oh yeah, fall is tolling around the corner. It's practically here. So excited for this game.

How back is JJ Watt? When he is on the field, he is going to be a disruptive presence regardless. I think this could be a fun season opener to watch, win or lose. Of course I'm going to go with my bias and pick the Patriots because I like their defense and the Texans always seem to lose against them.

I can't wait for the game. Lots of questions will be answered in terms of if so and so is back from their injury. I also can't wait to get in on my local TV stations NFL pick 'em contests too. Did I tell you guys I won a 55' inch TV last season? I can pick with the best of em :)

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Trent Brown did not practice yesterday. If he is not 100%, this game will be interesting...

Hobbled Brown, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, hobbled Cannon/Waddle 

vs

Mercilus, Watt, Reader, Covington, Clowney

Huzzah. NE has done well vs Watt and hopefully he and Mercilus are knocking off rust, but Clowney is a problem.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

the xfactor

also Will Fuller likely being out or very limited makes me feel a lot better about the Texans losing. Without him, they're going to need luck and the best complete game the Texans have played in the past few years.

It helps a fair amount, allows us to really focus on Hopkins. 

Issue is Watson, I still don’t trust NE vs mobile QBs.

57 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

allows us to really focus on Hopkins

and Ellington/the seams of the field.

Only way the Texans have success on offense is if Gilmore has an off game against Hokpins and Lamar Miller is able to run to the outside frequently.

As much as I respect Watson, this is week one back from another ACL tear to start the season and I don't think the Pats defense will have any issue spying him with a defensive back, containing the corners or getting their backers to pursue and contain.

We always negate Watt (even if that means putting 3 on him and letting Clowney rip into us...)

We did NOT play Watson well at all. It's a bit up-in-air as to whether he'll have the confidence to run around like a headless chicken again, but if he does, we had better contain him more sufficiently than we did last season. He had days to run around, scour the menu and select his target 45 yards away. 

Interested to see how the defense will approach games. I've heard it will be a lot more aggressive; more of a standard defense, one that doesn't necessarily keep the play in front of them at all times. So long to bend-but-don't-break? We will see by mid-season.

Archived