Week 1 GDT: Patriots host Horn-Boys

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Good win. Jags away will be hard next week. Important to not go 0-2. Glad to see Tom looks as good as ever. I’m sure they’ll clean up some of the issues with ball security etc that they had.

Jags are overrated and do not intimidate me at all as a Patriots fan.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

With the Pats defense being improved I think they win but it will be pretty close because the offense will struggle to move the ball imo. 21-17 type game.

50 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Nobody should intimidate the Pats but if the refs call that Myles Jack fumble correctly, Jags win.

Couple that with Pats’ comparatively iffy travels to Florida, and I’d be shocked if it’s an easy game.

Good win for the good guys yesterday. I was encouraged by the defense in general and with Gilmore and the way they pressured the quarterback in particular. Still a lot of kinks to be worked out, but then again, nobody in the AFC looked super sharp yesterday except Baltimore. 

Should be close next week in Jacksonville, but if Fournette isn’t 100%, or doesn’t play at all, it should be enough to give the Patriots the edge they need. 

56 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Nobody should intimidate the Pats but if the refs call that Myles Jack fumble correctly, Jags win.

Couple that with Pats’ comparatively iffy travels to Florida, and I’d be shocked if it’s an easy game.

The fumble is ancient history. It’s a new year. How many times have calls like that gone against the Patriots?

I do agree  that the game will be tough, but I think the offense should be able to protect Brady enough to grind out a win. I think James Devlin will see a lot of action in pass protection, as well as the tight ends. 

2 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

The fumble is ancient history. It’s a new year. How many times have calls like that gone against the Patriots?

I do agree  that the game will be tough, but I think the offense should be able to protect Brady enough to grind out a win. I think James Devlin will see a lot of action in pass protection, as well as the tight ends. 

I’m not arguing for or against calls that are made in Pats games. Only pointing out that the Jags came to Gillette and could have (arguably should have) won.

Ancient history, I don’t know. Pats have played just two games since. Jags just one.

I always think the Pats can win any game. But yeah, I am a bit iffy about them this game.

Hope they get it done.

37 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m not arguing for or against calls that are made in Pats games. Only pointing out that the Jags came to Gillette and could have (arguably should have) won.

Ancient history, I don’t know. Pats have played just two games since. Jags just one.

I always think the Pats can win any game. But yeah, I am a bit iffy about them this game.

Hope they get it done.

It's going to come down to the run defense. They struggled vs Houston and the Jags have a strong rushing attack (obviously depends on the health of LF). Getting Sony back would also be crucial.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

It's going to come down to the run defense. They struggled vs Houston and the Jags have a strong rushing attack (obviously depends on the health of LF). Getting Sony back would also be crucial.

I'm also worried about the Patriots ability to run the ball themselves b/c right now it looks like only 2 healthy RB's with James White & Rex Burkhead and neither can move the sticks consistently. The loss of Jeremy Hill is huge b/c at the time of his injury he was the only back doing something positive with his carries. They will need some running game without much depth at the WR position this season and thus this is the year they could of used a back to give them a type of season that Corey Dillon gave them in 2004.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

I'm also worried about the Patriots ability to run the ball themselves b/c right now it looks like only 2 healthy RB's with James White & Rex Burkhead and neither can move the sticks consistently. The loss of Jeremy Hill is huge b/c at the time of his injury he was the only back doing something positive with his carries. They will need some running game without much depth at the WR position this season and thus this is the year they could of used a back to give them a type of season that Corey Dillon gave them in 2004.

Hate to put pressure on the guy but Michel needs to be out there very soon and be good right away like Hunt/kamara did last year. 

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Patterson to RB.

Sign Dez.

Done.

14 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

and Kansas City Chiefs seemed like they were sharp but I didn't really watch the game.

They played a good game although I would put this more on the Chargers. They had a ton of yards but made crucial mistakes plus could have had even more yards but their WRs couldn't make enough plays.

I think the Chiefs will have a top 10 offense and look good there but their defense could be bad.

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Jags defense worries me with how much we are lacking in the WR corps. Their secondary is much better than Houstons, albeit their DL shouldn't be as much as a challenge. 

Hopefully the defense has another nice showing. Apparently Houstons OL is horrible, looking forward to see how our pass rush does against a better OL. 

Archived