Who won the Khalil Mack trade?

Humble_Beast

Who won the Khalil Mack trade?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the Khalil Mack trade?

• Bears
    • Raiders
    • What in the world is Jon Gruden thinking?

3 hours ago, Forge said:

And the Bears also get a fifth rounder pack as well, I believe. Obviously that one is a considerable draft position jump though regardless of how they finish. Very different tier of prospects available at each of those spots. 

gave a 5th

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

gave a 5th

The bears got a 5th 

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

20 hours ago, Forge said:

People keep mentioning the first next year, but they keep forgetting the second round pick the bears got back in that trade next year. That's an important component. Could be great for the raiders, could be all but a wash. If the bears pick is 26 and the raiders pick is 36, it's not a huge deal. It's got fairly nominal value in my opinion. Basically the same tier of player available.  If the bears pick is 16, and the raiders pick is like 48, it's a bigger deal. But this component needs to be acknowledged

We also have their 3rd 

I think big picture both teams got what they needed. Mack completed the Bears defense and the capital that he provided us sparked our rebuild/retool of our roster lacking starters at several positions. Bad teams don't have the luxury of ponying up massive money for elite players when they won't make a difference on a bad roster.

The Cardinals had Patrick Peterson, David Johnson, and Chandler Jones last year. All have arguments to be in that elite/top 5 at their position conversation. And yet they had the #1 pick. Why? Well rounded, well built rosters are ones that win consistently. Granted this comes across as an oversimplification, but sometimes quantity is needed over quality.

• Like 1

I feel like this trade analysis gets way too deep haha.... "If a man donates a dollar to a homeless man, that he would of used to buy a winning lottery ticket....is the universe saying generosity is undeserved?" Thats how yall sound haha

On the real, football just got too many moving parts. The players we drafted would have been different from those the Raiders got, and if the Raiders didnt have extra picks they would have drafted differently too. Not to mention how different each teams free agency would have been. Or even the fact that our season wouldnt have been as good so we would be picking higher if we had our own picks.

16 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

I can say with certainty, you could not find ONE Bears poster on here that would take the picks back for Mack. I’d say it’s 50/50 or so with Raiders fans. 

I think this is the biggest indicator of who won the trade.

8 hours ago, Pool said:

I think this is the biggest indicator of who won the trade.

It'd be 50/50 among Raider fans because we havent even seen the players we were able to acquire for Mack play a snap yet. Thats short sighted. Bears fans im sure love having Khalil, hes a star, hes elite, hes easy to root for. But if 5 years from now the cap space and draft picks are the backbone of a consistent playoff team or super bowl winner you very well have an entire fanbase that wouldn't take the trade back on the Raider side.