Who won the Khalil Mack trade?

Humble_Beast

Who won the Khalil Mack trade?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the Khalil Mack trade?

• Bears
    • Raiders
    • What in the world is Jon Gruden thinking?

I voted for what in the world is Gruden thinking. 

The way I see it is Gruden set a standard on the team from day one. He barely talked to Mack, pondered trading him from the time he took the job, and didnt want to pay him. Like lets just say Arden Key turns out to be legit. I really like Key (Tiger Pride). Then if Key turns out to be a stud and looks to get paid, will Gruden pay him? Will Key have to take less money to stay with the Raiders? Like a player should get paid for what they rightfully deserve and Mack did everything he possibly could do for the organization and he didnt get paid by the organization. He got shipped out. I dont think it sit well with the locker room and again it set a standard of if you play a certain position it doesnt matter how well you play you arent going to get what you deserve. 

The Bears clearly won this trade which wouldve been my next vote because they got an elite pass rusher to add to Smith whom they drafted. Like they know the NFCN is loaded and the NFC as a whole is loaded especially at the QB position. You have to get after the QB. The Bears are trying to do what the Seahawks did, the Eagles did, the Rams are doing, and the Chiefs are doing and thats capitalizing while the QB is on their rookie deal. I dont blame them one bit. If the Raiders want to part ways with the best draft pick they have had in a long time then right ahead. They got all those picks from the Bears but do you really trust the Raiders to turn those picks into gold? They had a questionable draft this year and over the past I dont know how many years they havent drafted well. The Bears are trying to build a team to compete with the Vikings, Packers, and Lions in the division. I like that. They are building an identity in which I cant say the same thing in Oakland.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The winner is the team that didn't turn over their entire organization to a man trying to time travel back to 1998.

Give him time. With 1100million, he should be able to fix the delorean up enough to get it up to 88 mph eventually

Its essentially impossible to know who "won" this trade at this point in time.  In 5 years it will be definitive who won the the trade but right now all we have is opinions and gut feelings to go on.  We dont know what possibly great players Gruden will bring in with five 1st round picks in the next 3 years.  Or he might draft terribly and squander those pics.  Who knows.

At this moment all possibilities remain conceivable.  Mack could go on to have a HOF career in Chicago and be as successful as many say he will be.  Or maybe he regresses or becomes less hungry with his $141 million already in the bank?  Gruden might find another Gronk or an Earl Thomas in the draft with all those picks.  Or maybe he drafts 5 duds?  Point is, I could see scenarios where the Bears won the trade, the Raiders won the trade, both teams won the trade, or both teams lost the trade.

Gruden simply has a different perspective on this team.  He came in, kicked the tires, and decided the roster as currently built was not going to win a SB.  Simply doubling down and signing Mack to a mega deal wasn't going to suddenly transform this team into a champion, when they finished last year at 6-10 WITH Mack.  So the idea is, blow it up, gather as many assets as you can, and rebuild around the star player you already have locked up (Carr).  I'm not saying its gonna work, but the guy clearly does have a plan.

It really reminds me of the 76ers a few years ago when the GM decided to blow up the team and get a bunch of high draft picks.  He was criticized and mocked and eventually got run out of town, but now the team (and fans) are reaping the benefits of his plan (Imbide and Simmons and a playoff caliber team), yet have totally forgotten how they got there.  

• Like 3

Who wins? The hacky football promo world of course. "They say some Black Bears are capable of eating humans. Well, this Mack Bear is capable and feasts on Quarterbacks and ball carriers who enter his territory"- I'm sure we'll hear some goofy mess like that.

Right when this trade was announced I thought of that movie where the dope gets savaged by the Bear when he's camping with his girlfriend. Bears fans are going to dig deep and find any 'Bear on Human' attack video and gif em with Khalil's head on the Bear and Cousins, Stafford, and Rodgers head on the human victim. 

Lol This is the one-

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Gruden roster building be like

tumblr_ovmychcHau1tu7563o5_1280.gif

I know it’s a hip and funny narrative, but Gruden has even said it himself, if they did a better job at drafting from 15-17 they wouldn’t have had to fill holes with vets at the bottom of the depth chart. And before you come back with, well they would’ve just traded those good players they drafted, not every player is going to be demanding that type of money. Gruden is going to build this team with his players clearly, unfortunately Reggie hasn’t been cutting it. 

They finished 6-10 with Mack sure. They also finished 6-10 with Carr. Guess that means they should trade their QB. This is like saying the Texans should have traded JJ Watt because they didn't win any Super Bowls with him on the roster. A great player isn't less great because of an inability to build a good team.

1 minute ago, Malik said:

They finished 6-10 with Mack sure. They also finished 6-10 with Carr. Guess that means they should trade their QB. This is like saying the Texans should have traded JJ Watt because they didn't win any Super Bowls with him on the roster. A great player isn't less great because of an inability to build a good team.

The point is, that contract would have seriously hindered their ability to build that good team around him. It’s already proven that it takes a lot more than just Mack to field a great defense.