Trade advice

Wraith554

Just now, Duffman57 said:

I'm Really high on Josh Gordon too, especially in standard leagues, I think he's going to be really good with Tyrod (who LOVES to throw deep) and Baker, and have a lot of big plays.  The other guy I was thinking of targeting is Brandon Cooks.  We'll see if either of those come about.  The other thing I was thiking of is trying to get LeVeon Bell out of the guy who also has Josh Gordon (packaging Shady with someone else). Since I have Connor, I'd like to put them together.

Yeah, I'm good with Shady / Gordon or Cooks (Think I prefer Cooks, but a lot of that is just I don't know what to do with Gordon yet). If their owners are light on running back, this should be an easy deal for them as well. 

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dynasty league where I am spinning my wheels at RB. I basically have Hunt and squat behind him.

I'm thinking about offering a team

Hopkins 

for

Kamara 

I have Cooks, Cooper (yuck) Hogan, Lockett Sheppard and Pettis on my team at WR and my RB's behind Hunt are Duke Johnson, Guice (IR), Aaron Jones, Corey Clement

The other team is stacked at RB. Gurley, Kamara, Howard and Conner. They have decent WR's but nobody like Hopkins

PPR?

If you're ok with your WR depth after that trade I'd say go for it. You definitely need another RB.

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I was asked to play in my work league this year...holy cow these people are freaking clueless. 

Here's a trade that just got accepted...

Leonard Fournette for Adrian Peterson

like...what. 

I'm trying to move Peterson and I couldn't even get George Kittle for him. No lie lol. 

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Should I trade TJ Yeldon for Eric Ebron? Keep in mind I have these guys at RB: Kamara, Peterson, A. Jones, Michel and my tight ends are Gates and McDonald.

Half PPR league.

Part of me thinks it’s an easy decision, but if Fournette goes down, Yeldon is a RB2 imo.

I wouldn't. Ebron isn't even the starting tight end and played less than half the snaps in game one. Doyle has a 90% snap share while ebron is like 45%. Ebron is no different than the guys you have now to be honest. I'd value Yeldon as a handcuff more than an easily replaceable tight end streamer type. He got 5 targets in a game where Luck threw the ball 53 times. Not bad, but not great. If you assume that kind of target share keeps up, then he's probably looking at something more akin to 3-4 targets a game rather than 5. 

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dynasty league where I am spinning my wheels at RB. I basically have Hunt and squat behind him.

I'm thinking about offering a team

Hopkins 

for

Kamara 

I have Cooks, Cooper (yuck) Hogan, Lockett Sheppard and Pettis on my team at WR and my RB's behind Hunt are Duke Johnson, Guice (IR), Aaron Jones, Corey Clement

The other team is stacked at RB. Gurley, Kamara, Howard and Conner. They have decent WR's but nobody like Hopkins

Personally don't think that Hopkins alone gets it done for Kamara, but I'd certainly try. 

Just now, Forge said:

I wouldn't. Ebron isn't even the starting tight end and played less than half the snaps in game one. Doyle has a 90% snap share while ebron is like 45%. Ebron is no different than the guys you have now to be honest. I'd value Yeldon as a handcuff more than an easily replaceable tight end streamer type. He got 5 targets in a game where Luck threw the ball 53 times. Not bad, but not great. If you assume that kind of target share keeps up, then he's probably looking at something more akin to 3-4 targets a game rather than 5. 

What’s an equal value TE for Yeldon? I am really hurting at TE. I’ll take my chances with McDonald in a pass happy offense this week but I’m not expecting more than 4-5 points.

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

What’s an equal value TE for Yeldon? I am really hurting at TE. I’ll take my chances with McDonald in a pass happy offense this week but I’m not expecting more than 4-5 points.

Don't think there is one, just because of how I value the position against Yeldon's handcuff. Honestly, when it comes to value, I think Ebron is about right.  I wouldn't trust someone like Charles Clay, and honestly, tight end is a fairly lean  position in my opinion. Ben Watson isn't a bad guy to target if he's rostered.  I don't think you're going to get a weekly starting caliber tight end for a handcuff unless you're trading with the Fournette owner who happens to have two tight ends. But I'd just value Yeldon as a handcuff over a fairly streamable tight end in my opinion. If you think that Luck is going to throw the ball close to 50 times a game, then yeah, he'll probably have some value based on quantity and that makes some sense. 

But my own personal opinion is that the most that acquiring Ebron will do is just put you in a decision on who to start at tight end every week. Personally, I'd just rather have the Fournette handcuff. I mean, is Ben Watson available in your league? What's the difference between he and Ebron? Watson is the clear cut starting tight end on an offense that moves the ball (he took 80% of the offensive snaps) and he's probably in the same vicinity of targeted personnel as Ebron. Jonnu Smith is likely the clear cut number 1 in Tennessee now, but he's a complete unknown. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think there is one, just because of how I value the position against Yeldon's handcuff. Honestly, when it comes to value, I think Ebron is about right.  I wouldn't trust someone like Charles Clay, and honestly, tight end is a fairly lean  position in my opinion. Ben Watson isn't a bad guy to target if he's rostered.  I don't think you're going to get a weekly starting caliber tight end for a handcuff unless you're trading with the Fournette owner who happens to have two tight ends. But I'd just value Yeldon as a handcuff over a fairly streamable tight end in my opinion. If you think that Luck is going to throw the ball close to 50 times a game, then yeah, he'll probably have some value based on quantity and that makes some sense. 

But my own personal opinion is that the most that acquiring Ebron will do is just put you in a decision on who to start at tight end every week. Personally, I'd just rather have the Fournette handcuff. I mean, is Ben Watson available in your league? What's the difference between he and Ebron? Watson is the clear cut starting tight end on an offense that moves the ball (he took 80% of the offensive snaps) and he's probably in the same vicinity of targeted personnel as Ebron. Jonnu Smith is likely the clear cut number 1 in Tennessee now, but he's a complete unknown. 

Top available:

Seals Jones

HoopeR

Ian Thomas

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Was thinking about offereing Hopkins and Hunt for Kamara and Howard but i think im giving up too much in that scenario 

Personally, I don't, but that's just because I'm not a Hunt supporter at all this year. I think he was overdrafted. At best, I think he's an rb2. I actually sacrificed my keeper in my main money league because he was going to have to be the guy I kept and I thought I could do better just taking the draft pick. 

He's not going to get a 90% carry share this year. Their schedule is brutal and I think his value midseason is in the tank. I mean, looking at the schedule for the first few weeks isn't kind. 

Pitt is an okay game. 

SF is actually not a great game from a running stand point. The run defense is legit, and Foster will be back and making it even better for that game. He could have a nice game out of hte backfield, but I'm not counting on greatness in that game. 

The broncos in week 4 is a tough matchup still. 

The Jags the week after that. 

Patriots, Bengals and Broncos again after that. 

There's going to be some good games in there I have no doubt, but I don't love that schedule at all. 

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Top available:

Seals Jones

HoopeR

Ian Thomas

Seals Jones is an interesting guy to stream this week if Gresham is out. I've said it before - I think teams are going to funnel passes to tight ends and running backs against those ball hawking corners the Rams have. I don't know if I trust him long term, but this week he could be a solid play. Just worried about that offense some. 

Ian Thomas may be worth a roster spot for the time being over someone like Gates, just based on upside and potential. You may cut him after a week if you don't like how they roll him out there, but I Think rostering him over someone like Gates or Vance could make some sense. I'm still not sure what Pitt's plan is for Vance, and after missing all of the preseason and week 1, I don't know that I trust him enough to start him, even in a streaming scenario this week. 

So if we look at the other tight ends, I'd probably try for someone like Watson, Jonnu Smith something along those lines. If you don't own Fournette, the best option is to go to whoever does if he has two tight ends. If that second tight end is okay, but not great, he should have no problem with making that sort of trade given his back up tight end should never be playing either. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Personally, I don't, but that's just because I'm not a Hunt supporter at all this year. I think he was overdrafted. At best, I think he's an rb2. I actually sacrificed my keeper in my main money league because he was going to have to be the guy I kept and I thought I could do better just taking the draft pick. 

He's not going to get a 90% carry share this year. Their schedule is brutal and I think his value midseason is in the tank. I mean, looking at the schedule for the first few weeks isn't kind. 

Pitt is an okay game. 

SF is actually not a great game from a running stand point. The run defense is legit, and Foster will be back and making it even better for that game. He could have a nice game out of hte backfield, but I'm not counting on greatness in that game. 

The broncos in week 4 is a tough matchup still. 

The Jags the week after that. 

Patriots, Bengals and Broncos again after that. 

There's going to be some good games in there I have no doubt, but I don't love that schedule at all. 

I agree with you mostly. This is a dynasty league. I drafted him at the end of the first in a rookies only draft last year. I avoided him in redraft this year.

If i can find a way to get Kamara and Hunt longterm that would be ideal.

I got screwed over because i took Guice in the rookie draft and then he gets hurt

Archived